Ras Al Khaimah to open soaring Jebel Jais Observation Deck in October
Ras Al Khaimah is getting ready to open its newest attraction this October with the launch of the Jebel Jais Observation Deck. The decking area sits 1,300 metres above sea level up Jebel Jais Mountain, and offers a variety of viewing platforms where visitors can enjoy panoramic views across the Al Hajar mountain range and the sparkling Arabian Gulf.
The Middle East’s Burj Al Arab has got a new competitor when it comes to offering a view from dizzying heights, as Ras Al Khaimah prepares to open its newest attraction this autumn. The emirate will launch its Jebel Jais Observation Deck in October, 1,300 metres above sea level.
Located on the Jebel Jais mountain, which soars 1,934 metres above sea level, the new platform will be 740 metres higher than the Burj Al Arab tower in Dubai. With a variety of viewing platforms available, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of Ras Al Khaimah, the Al Hajar mountain range and the Arabian Gulf.
The observation deck is scheduled to open in October, 2017, and it is being developed by the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Authority. Visitors can enjoy cooler temperatures, and it the platform area will double up as a base camp for cyclists and hikers who are traversing the mountainous terrain. There will also be picnic areas, walking paths, a dedicated zone for food trucks, there will be a multi-purpose events space.
Last year, the Via Ferrata, the longest zip line in the region, was opened, running along the outside of Jebel Jais. Already a hit with adrenalin seekers, there are plans underway to expand the line and reopen the adventure site in October. The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Authority is planning to open the longest zip line in the world, and brand new mountains and hiking routes. This is part of their Vision 2019 campaign to attract one million travellers by the end of 2018.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East. The emirate has been overshadowed by Abu Dhabi and Dubai over recent years, but it has emerged as one of the region’s most exciting adventure destinations. The region is home to majestic mountains, red sandy desert, lush green plains, winding creeks, and aquamarine tranquil lagoons. There’s more than 64 kilometres of coastline, where tourists can access variety of pristine white and golden sandy beaches. During their holiday in Ras Al Khaimah, visitors can enjoy a range of adventurous activities, such as dune bashing and mountain trekking, hiking though the valley of Wadi Khadeija, and sunset camel trails across the beautiful desert.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...