Rosewood Puerto Papagayo resort to open in Costa Rica in 2020
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced it will open the Rosewood Puerto Papagayo in Costa Rica in 2020. The luxury resort will be located on the north-western coast of the country in the Guanacaste province, and it will have 180 guest rooms and treehouse-style suites, and 50 residences, which will all be surrounded by natural, tropical landscapes.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced it will add another luxury resort to its global portfolio. The hotel group was appointed by Aldesa financial consulting firm to manage the Rosewood Puerto Papagayo in Costa Rica.
The new resort will be located in the Guanacaste province on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and will be surrounded by natural, lush landscapes. The property will have 180 guestrooms and suites, and 50 residences that will be nestled into the tropical hillside that overlooks a pristine beach.
There will be seven two-storey treehouse-style suites that will feature contemporary design and will be the perfect setting for romantic stays, and all of the accommodation will be built and designed using indigenous materials and inspired by their natural tropical surroundings. Rooms will feature open-air living areas, spacious furbished terraces and private plunge pools.
The upscale resort will be designed and constructed by HKS, Dallas-based architects, and it will be designed with Rosewood’s A Sense of Place philosophy at the forefront. Facilities at Rosewood Puerto Papagayo will include two swimming pools, a fitness centre, a Sense, A Rosewood Spa, and guests will have direct access to the golden sand beach and the turquoise Pacific Ocean.
There will also be several dining venues including an informal all day dining restaurant, a poolside bar and grill and a speciality restaurant. The property will also host meetings and events in its dedicated space that spans nearly 1,100 square metres and including a large ballroom with spacious terrace.
The hotel is located 20 minutes from Liberia International Airport, and guests can enjoy close access to an array of sights and attractions. Costa Rica is famous for its green landscapes and diverse wildlife, and tourists can explore the rainforest and jungles to get close to colourful species. There is also an array of fun activities to enjoy such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
This will be Rosewood’s first hotel in Costa Rica, and it is scheduled to open to guests in 2020. Rosewood Hotels and Resorts is based in Hong Kong and operates 19 luxury hotels in 11 countries around the world, including China, Cambodia, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Italy, Austria, France, Scotland, England, Brazil, Hong Kong, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...