Abu Dhabi welcomes almost two million hotel visitors in first five months of 2017
Abu Dhabi recorded nearly two million hotel guests between January and may this year, according to new figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority. The capital emirate welcomed more than 600,000 domestic visitors to its hotels and apartments, and the largest international source market was China with 160,902 hotel visitors so far this year.
Abu Dhabi welcomed almost two million hotels guests between the months of January and May this year. According to figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority, this is a four per cent increase compared to the same period in 2016.
The capital of the United Emirates received 600,000 domestic guests to its hotels across its 167 hotels and hotel apartments in Abu Dhabi, and the Al Ain and Al Dhafra regions. The largest international source market was China, with 160,902 hotel guests. India was the next largest source market with 136,000 guests, followed by the United Kingdom with 104,00, the United States with 67,000, and Saudi Arabia with 62,000 visitors.
Saif Saeed Ghobash, the Director General of the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), stated:
“Our efforts in May capitalised on the growing popularity of the emirate in China as a tourist destination, with our promotional team conducting a four-city roadshow, and participating in the ITB China Exhibition 2017 in Shanghai.”
Mr Ghobash added:
“Looking ahead, we have some exciting upcoming events including the welcome return of Abu Dhabi Summer Season to the emirate between 20 July and 20 August, with its selection of entertainment and promotions across the emirate, which is expected to appeal to domestic visitors, and especially those from India and Saudi Arabia.”
This summer, TCA Abu Dhabi launched a consumer marketing campaign that focuses on the holiday decision-makers in major city centres across Saudi Arabia. The campaign promotes Abu Dhabi as a destination for families and young travellers, highlighting its promotions, attractions and events taking place over the summer period.
Abu Dhabi is one of seven Unite Arab Emirates in the Middle East. The capital emirate is home to a variety of luxury hotels and resorts, exciting attractions, golden sand beaches and sand dunes, golf courses and diverse annual events.
During a visit to the nation, holidaymakers can explore its attractions and historic sights and soak up the traditional and modern culture. These attractions include the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Island and the Yas Island Marina Circuit, the Abu Dhabi Mall, Emirates Palace, the Corniche, Emirates National Auto Museum, Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation, and the Marina Mall.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Surround yourself with unspoiled beauty at the luxurious Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
- Authentic flavours from around the world with seven modern, stylish and creative dining venues
- All rooms and suites boast elegant interiors, luxury facilities and reflect the warmth of a beachfront home
- Beachside retreat surrounded by natural beauty, architectural splendour, and cultural experiences
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Unwind and remove all the stresses of modern life with this amazing twin destination offer
- Enjoy a wide range of flavours and exoctic meal with the onsite restaurants
- Loose yourself in the Sheraton Spa and benefit from a plethora of treatments
- Visit the iconic and famous Taj Mahal
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...