Fairmont St Lucia hotel in Choiseul set to bring prosperity to southern St Lucia
After vowing to improve the conditions for inhabitants of the southern part of the island, the St Lucia government has seen great opportunity in authorizing to build a lavish resort in Choiseul. The Fairmont hotel, which should open its doors to the public by 2019, is expected to be a great source of income and progress to the region.
After setting the goal of bringing progress and improved economy to the south of the island, the Saint Lucia government has seen great promise in the opening of a lush resort in the West Coast Village of Choiseul. On 29th June, the government took part in the sod-turning ceremony for the Fairmont St Lucia hotel, a lavish new property which should continue to develop the southern part of the island by providing increased investment, sustainable employment, economic activity and development.
The opening of this lavish resort is the newest in a series of projects targeted to bring prosperity to the south, including tourism, agriculture and I.T related ventures. With over 40 private villas and 120 hotel rooms, the property is expected to open in late 2019, as an undertaking of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, now part of AccorHotels and GP GROUP JSC. This eco-friendly resort will also feature a sparkling stretch of beach belonging to the beautiful Sab Wisha.
The sod-turning ceremony was enthusiastically attended by people from the Choiseul community as well as distinguished guests, including the Prime Minister, Allen Chastanet, Minister for Commerce Bradly Felix and Chairman of Invest Pinley Francis.
Parliamentary Representative for the area and Minister for Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs, Honourable Bradly Felix explained that this ceremony marked an important day in history for the people of Choiseul.
The Minister said Choiseul is poised to become a significant contributor to the Saint Lucia’s economic, social and financial growth and development:
“We will witness the beginning of the long-awaited infrastructural transformation that Choiseul needs in order to bring out its true potential and generate a greater level of economic activity. As a community rich in culture, arts and craft, talent, creativity and natural assets, we welcome the construction of this luxury hotel in Sab Wisha, which will further enhance and augment the natural ambiance of our simply beautiful community.”
Moreover, while pointing out that the new hotel will feature Arts and Crafts from the community and incorporate the uniqueness of the Village into its plans, the Minsiter added:
“It is imperative therefore that we take full advantage of this opportunity by bringing out our best talent, craft work, knowledge and skills in enabling Choiseul to become a more vibrant, attractive and driven community, where our locals and foreign visitors actually want to escape to.”
Another interesting aspect highlighted by Chairman of Invest Saint Lucia Mr. Pinkley Francis was the fact that tourism brought by the hotel would contribute to other areas of the region’s economy, especially agriculture:
“Our farmers have much to look forward to. With Choiseul’s enviable reputation as a sustainable farming community, the linkage between agriculture and tourism will be solidified once this project comes on stream. While this resort is valued at US $220 million, the value of the GP Group’s investment into the island is far greater. The fact that the internationally acclaimed Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have agreed to brand this new resort, is indeed a significant demonstration of investor confidence in Saint Lucia.”
The opening of Fairmont Saint Lucia will undoubtedly become a source of great profits for the island. Among the many benefits the hotel will bring about are the creation of jobs, job training, improved standard of living, reduction in the poverty rate, increased economic activity, creation of new micro and small businesses, enhancement and conservation of the environment, revitalization of the local Arts and Craft sector and improvement in road infrastructure. Once it is inaugurated and functioning, Fairmont Saint Lucia at Sunset Bay will join other Caribbean and Mid-Atlantic sister properties Fairmont Royal Pavilion in Barbados, and Bermuda’s Fairmont Southampton and Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...