Fairmont St Lucia hotel in Choiseul set to bring prosperity to southern St Lucia
After vowing to improve the conditions for inhabitants of the southern part of the island, the St Lucia government has seen great opportunity in authorizing to build a lavish resort in Choiseul. The Fairmont hotel, which should open its doors to the public by 2019, is expected to be a great source of income and progress to the region.
After setting the goal of bringing progress and improved economy to the south of the island, the Saint Lucia government has seen great promise in the opening of a lush resort in the West Coast Village of Choiseul. On 29th June, the government took part in the sod-turning ceremony for the Fairmont St Lucia hotel, a lavish new property which should continue to develop the southern part of the island by providing increased investment, sustainable employment, economic activity and development.
The opening of this lavish resort is the newest in a series of projects targeted to bring prosperity to the south, including tourism, agriculture and I.T related ventures. With over 40 private villas and 120 hotel rooms, the property is expected to open in late 2019, as an undertaking of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, now part of AccorHotels and GP GROUP JSC. This eco-friendly resort will also feature a sparkling stretch of beach belonging to the beautiful Sab Wisha.
The sod-turning ceremony was enthusiastically attended by people from the Choiseul community as well as distinguished guests, including the Prime Minister, Allen Chastanet, Minister for Commerce Bradly Felix and Chairman of Invest Pinley Francis.
Parliamentary Representative for the area and Minister for Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs, Honourable Bradly Felix explained that this ceremony marked an important day in history for the people of Choiseul.
The Minister said Choiseul is poised to become a significant contributor to the Saint Lucia’s economic, social and financial growth and development:
“We will witness the beginning of the long-awaited infrastructural transformation that Choiseul needs in order to bring out its true potential and generate a greater level of economic activity. As a community rich in culture, arts and craft, talent, creativity and natural assets, we welcome the construction of this luxury hotel in Sab Wisha, which will further enhance and augment the natural ambiance of our simply beautiful community.”
Moreover, while pointing out that the new hotel will feature Arts and Crafts from the community and incorporate the uniqueness of the Village into its plans, the Minsiter added:
“It is imperative therefore that we take full advantage of this opportunity by bringing out our best talent, craft work, knowledge and skills in enabling Choiseul to become a more vibrant, attractive and driven community, where our locals and foreign visitors actually want to escape to.”
Another interesting aspect highlighted by Chairman of Invest Saint Lucia Mr. Pinkley Francis was the fact that tourism brought by the hotel would contribute to other areas of the region’s economy, especially agriculture:
“Our farmers have much to look forward to. With Choiseul’s enviable reputation as a sustainable farming community, the linkage between agriculture and tourism will be solidified once this project comes on stream. While this resort is valued at US $220 million, the value of the GP Group’s investment into the island is far greater. The fact that the internationally acclaimed Fairmont Hotels and Resorts have agreed to brand this new resort, is indeed a significant demonstration of investor confidence in Saint Lucia.”
The opening of Fairmont Saint Lucia will undoubtedly become a source of great profits for the island. Among the many benefits the hotel will bring about are the creation of jobs, job training, improved standard of living, reduction in the poverty rate, increased economic activity, creation of new micro and small businesses, enhancement and conservation of the environment, revitalization of the local Arts and Craft sector and improvement in road infrastructure. Once it is inaugurated and functioning, Fairmont Saint Lucia at Sunset Bay will join other Caribbean and Mid-Atlantic sister properties Fairmont Royal Pavilion in Barbados, and Bermuda’s Fairmont Southampton and Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
- January sale now on with incredible discounts on all rooms
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....