Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech unveils Sultan-inspired design
Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech has unveiled its new sultan-inspired design after completing an extensive multi-million dollar renovation and expansion project. The former Mansour Eddahbi reopened under the management of Movenpick Hotels and Resorts in October 2016.
The former Mansour Eddahbi hotel in the Moroccan city of Marrakech has reopened under new management after a multi-year multi-million dollar redesign. The new Movenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi Marrakech features architecture, gardens and interiors inspired by the vision and achievements of Morocco’s 16th-century sultan Ahmed Al Mansour Eddahbi.
The five-star resort underwent a $100 million overhaul led by Parisian designers Studio MHNA with the aim of reflecting the aesthetic of Morocco’s lavish 16th-century mansions. The hotel's features include a central fountain, cloistered gardens and peripheral double gallery, while the interiors are a contemporary variation on traditional Moroccan decorative arts.
The designers were inspired by the story of a nomad discovering Sultan Ahmed Al Mansour Eddahbi’s rich refuge adorned with precious objects. The Saadi dynasty’s most famous monarch built Marrakech’s El Badi Palace and is responsible for many of the Red City’s other heritage treasures.
The layout of the hotel has been reconfigured to create an imaginary oasis with a garden-lined promenade, lounges, fountains and waterfalls and a richly-decorated domed lobby. A nine-metre-long chandelier has been installed beneath the lobby’s cupola and a feature wall adorned with 1,200 bespoke LED lamps was developed by Studio MHNA to recreate the flicker of candlelight.
The expansive resort has 503 rooms, six restaurants, four pools, a conference venue and a luxury Arabian spa. The hotel adjoins Marrakech’s largest and most important convention centre, the Palais des Congres, and is set up to accommodate business travellers, as well as holidaymakers. Each type of traveller is directed from the main lobby to a separate reception area for a tailored welcome.
The resort is positioned in the L'Hivernage district a few minutes' walk from Marrakech’s Medina, and around 15 minutes' drive from Marrakech Menara Airport. For further information, visit www.movenpick.com/marrakech
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A great location just minutes from the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa Square and Marrakech's popular and buzzing downtown area.
- Stylish North African fare at La Table du Marche and tasty confection at Table du Marche Pastry Shop
- Offering stunning views over the pool, the Atlas Mountains of the Koutoubia, all 58 Standard Rooms at the Hivernage Hotel and Spa include free wi-fi
- Both and outdoor and indoor swimming pool (with water jets massage), plus a spa and wellbeing centre make for a relaxing stay
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Impressive architecture, lush gardens and fabulous all-inclusive luxury facilities for everyone in the family. The perfect blend of culture and recreation by the beach.
- Enjoy fabulous Moroccan cuisine combined with traditional music and a romantic atmosphere
- Elegant and modern accommodation with spectacular sea views
- Relax and benefit from the wonderful sandy beach of Agadir
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...