Kumu Beach hotel set for Sri Lanka's west coast
The new Kumu Beach hotel is set to open on Sri Lanka’s west coast in August 2017. The boutique resort will feature 10 luxury rooms overlooking Balapitiya beach and will join Teardrop Hotel’s portfolio of local high-end hotels that include The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
A new boutique beach hotel will open on Sri Lanka’s west coast this August. The 10-room Kumu Beach Hotel will be run by Teardrop Hotels as a sister property to award-winning Sri Lankan resorts The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
The high-end resort will face onto the beach in the west coast town of Balapitiya. Surrounded by gardens, it will feature a 23-metre-long swimming pool bordering on the sand. The hotel’s 10 guest rooms include contemporary deluxe ocean-view suites and ocean-view bedrooms, some with private balconies or garden terraces and each designed in a contemporary style.
Communal facilities include elegant lounge areas, a long dining terrace and a large wooden sun deck. The modern hotel has been designed to stretch out along the oceanfront, making the most of the sea views. Its interiors were created by local designer Annika Fernando and reflect the island aesthetic with bright Batik cushions and colourful local artworks and sculptures adorning the complex.
Guests will be looked after by a team of experienced butlers and dine on a menu of international cuisine that features seafood and local produce. The beach is a nesting ground for marine turtles, and nearby Ambalangoda is the centre for southern crafts such as mask making. Other local experiences include river cruises up the Madu Ganga and watersports in Bentota.
Sri Lanka's capital Colombo is a two-and-a-half hour drive away and the international airport is 130-kilometres away. The surfing and snorkelling hotspot of Hikkaduwa is just 16km from the hotel and the World Heritage Fort of Galle is not far away either, making both destinations easy day trips by car or train.
The new hotel is part of the Sri Lanka Collection marketing company that now represents 13 boutique and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka.
“As with our other Teardrop Hotels, we're delighted that Kumu Beach has been accepted into The Sri Lanka Collection and look forward to working with [them] in developing Teardrop's offering for our travel industry partners and guests.”
Said Teardrop Hotel’s Managing Director Henry Fitch.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...