Kumu Beach hotel set for Sri Lanka's west coast
The new Kumu Beach hotel is set to open on Sri Lanka’s west coast in August 2017. The boutique resort will feature 10 luxury rooms overlooking Balapitiya beach and will join Teardrop Hotel’s portfolio of local high-end hotels that include The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
A new boutique beach hotel will open on Sri Lanka’s west coast this August. The 10-room Kumu Beach Hotel will be run by Teardrop Hotels as a sister property to award-winning Sri Lankan resorts The Wallawwa and Fort Bazaar.
The high-end resort will face onto the beach in the west coast town of Balapitiya. Surrounded by gardens, it will feature a 23-metre-long swimming pool bordering on the sand. The hotel’s 10 guest rooms include contemporary deluxe ocean-view suites and ocean-view bedrooms, some with private balconies or garden terraces and each designed in a contemporary style.
Communal facilities include elegant lounge areas, a long dining terrace and a large wooden sun deck. The modern hotel has been designed to stretch out along the oceanfront, making the most of the sea views. Its interiors were created by local designer Annika Fernando and reflect the island aesthetic with bright Batik cushions and colourful local artworks and sculptures adorning the complex.
Guests will be looked after by a team of experienced butlers and dine on a menu of international cuisine that features seafood and local produce. The beach is a nesting ground for marine turtles, and nearby Ambalangoda is the centre for southern crafts such as mask making. Other local experiences include river cruises up the Madu Ganga and watersports in Bentota.
Sri Lanka's capital Colombo is a two-and-a-half hour drive away and the international airport is 130-kilometres away. The surfing and snorkelling hotspot of Hikkaduwa is just 16km from the hotel and the World Heritage Fort of Galle is not far away either, making both destinations easy day trips by car or train.
The new hotel is part of the Sri Lanka Collection marketing company that now represents 13 boutique and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka.
“As with our other Teardrop Hotels, we're delighted that Kumu Beach has been accepted into The Sri Lanka Collection and look forward to working with [them] in developing Teardrop's offering for our travel industry partners and guests.”
Said Teardrop Hotel’s Managing Director Henry Fitch.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....