AM Resorts to reach 100 hotels by 2020
As part of the blossoming hotel group Apple Leisure Group, AM Resorts has been operating for 15 years with great success, gathering over 50 hotels across the globe. As a result of the growing demand, AM Resorts hopes to keep increasing this number by signing deals with more brands and is set to reach the sum of 100 hotels by 2020.
After setting a record by signing the incorporation of over a ten properties within its hotel network during the first ten months of 2016, Apple Leisure Group hopes to keep growing at an accelerated rate this year. The US hotel group recently declared it plans to reach the number of 100 resorts by 2020 through its subsidiary, AMResorts Collection.
The announcement was made by Javier Coll, the Executive Vice-President and Director of Strategy of the group. Coll insisted that new markets the company has considered in the purpose of broadening the company’s hotel network include St Lucia, Turks and Caicos and Colombia. When speaking of maintaining AM Resorts’ presence in their main markets also, Coll stated:
“In addition to preserving our leadership in the luxury travel sector within Mexico and the Caribbean, we will also be exploring opportunities to acquire more distribution companies and resorts next year if we find favourable conditions.”
With 14 hotel complexes currently under construction, Apple Leisure Group is rapidly expanding and should reach the sum of 65 resorts by 2019. Though some of the company’s properties are situated in Latin American destinations like Costa Rica and Panama, its most important locations are undoubtedly Mexico and the Caribbean including Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Coll explained that these destinations are the locations of choice for the group due to their enormous potential:
“The Caribbean and Mexico are both hot springs for development, as STR has predicted a 12% increase in the number of hotels in construction in the region in comparison to the previous year.
“Combined with the solid demand of travellers, 2017 will offer another excellent opportunity for hotel owners who are looking to make further profits within the holiday industry in conjunction with reliable partners, like Apple Leisure Group, which has a great understanding of the sector.”
This year, AMResorts will celebrate its 16th anniversary. After closing 2016 with 52 resorts under its wings, the hotel subsidiary is operating under six world-renowned brands with experience in offering quality services within the holiday industry: ZoetryWellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and SunscapeResorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...