AM Resorts to reach 100 hotels by 2020
As part of the blossoming hotel group Apple Leisure Group, AM Resorts has been operating for 15 years with great success, gathering over 50 hotels across the globe. As a result of the growing demand, AM Resorts hopes to keep increasing this number by signing deals with more brands and is set to reach the sum of 100 hotels by 2020.
After setting a record by signing the incorporation of over a ten properties within its hotel network during the first ten months of 2016, Apple Leisure Group hopes to keep growing at an accelerated rate this year. The US hotel group recently declared it plans to reach the number of 100 resorts by 2020 through its subsidiary, AMResorts Collection.
The announcement was made by Javier Coll, the Executive Vice-President and Director of Strategy of the group. Coll insisted that new markets the company has considered in the purpose of broadening the company’s hotel network include St Lucia, Turks and Caicos and Colombia. When speaking of maintaining AM Resorts’ presence in their main markets also, Coll stated:
“In addition to preserving our leadership in the luxury travel sector within Mexico and the Caribbean, we will also be exploring opportunities to acquire more distribution companies and resorts next year if we find favourable conditions.”
With 14 hotel complexes currently under construction, Apple Leisure Group is rapidly expanding and should reach the sum of 65 resorts by 2019. Though some of the company’s properties are situated in Latin American destinations like Costa Rica and Panama, its most important locations are undoubtedly Mexico and the Caribbean including Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Coll explained that these destinations are the locations of choice for the group due to their enormous potential:
“The Caribbean and Mexico are both hot springs for development, as STR has predicted a 12% increase in the number of hotels in construction in the region in comparison to the previous year.
“Combined with the solid demand of travellers, 2017 will offer another excellent opportunity for hotel owners who are looking to make further profits within the holiday industry in conjunction with reliable partners, like Apple Leisure Group, which has a great understanding of the sector.”
This year, AMResorts will celebrate its 16th anniversary. After closing 2016 with 52 resorts under its wings, the hotel subsidiary is operating under six world-renowned brands with experience in offering quality services within the holiday industry: ZoetryWellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and SunscapeResorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 20th Sep
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...