AM Resorts to reach 100 hotels by 2020
As part of the blossoming hotel group Apple Leisure Group, AM Resorts has been operating for 15 years with great success, gathering over 50 hotels across the globe. As a result of the growing demand, AM Resorts hopes to keep increasing this number by signing deals with more brands and is set to reach the sum of 100 hotels by 2020.
After setting a record by signing the incorporation of over a ten properties within its hotel network during the first ten months of 2016, Apple Leisure Group hopes to keep growing at an accelerated rate this year. The US hotel group recently declared it plans to reach the number of 100 resorts by 2020 through its subsidiary, AMResorts Collection.
The announcement was made by Javier Coll, the Executive Vice-President and Director of Strategy of the group. Coll insisted that new markets the company has considered in the purpose of broadening the company’s hotel network include St Lucia, Turks and Caicos and Colombia. When speaking of maintaining AM Resorts’ presence in their main markets also, Coll stated:
“In addition to preserving our leadership in the luxury travel sector within Mexico and the Caribbean, we will also be exploring opportunities to acquire more distribution companies and resorts next year if we find favourable conditions.”
With 14 hotel complexes currently under construction, Apple Leisure Group is rapidly expanding and should reach the sum of 65 resorts by 2019. Though some of the company’s properties are situated in Latin American destinations like Costa Rica and Panama, its most important locations are undoubtedly Mexico and the Caribbean including Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Coll explained that these destinations are the locations of choice for the group due to their enormous potential:
“The Caribbean and Mexico are both hot springs for development, as STR has predicted a 12% increase in the number of hotels in construction in the region in comparison to the previous year.
“Combined with the solid demand of travellers, 2017 will offer another excellent opportunity for hotel owners who are looking to make further profits within the holiday industry in conjunction with reliable partners, like Apple Leisure Group, which has a great understanding of the sector.”
This year, AMResorts will celebrate its 16th anniversary. After closing 2016 with 52 resorts under its wings, the hotel subsidiary is operating under six world-renowned brands with experience in offering quality services within the holiday industry: ZoetryWellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and SunscapeResorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...