AM Resorts to reach 100 hotels by 2020
As part of the blossoming hotel group Apple Leisure Group, AM Resorts has been operating for 15 years with great success, gathering over 50 hotels across the globe. As a result of the growing demand, AM Resorts hopes to keep increasing this number by signing deals with more brands and is set to reach the sum of 100 hotels by 2020.
After setting a record by signing the incorporation of over a ten properties within its hotel network during the first ten months of 2016, Apple Leisure Group hopes to keep growing at an accelerated rate this year. The US hotel group recently declared it plans to reach the number of 100 resorts by 2020 through its subsidiary, AMResorts Collection.
The announcement was made by Javier Coll, the Executive Vice-President and Director of Strategy of the group. Coll insisted that new markets the company has considered in the purpose of broadening the company’s hotel network include St Lucia, Turks and Caicos and Colombia. When speaking of maintaining AM Resorts’ presence in their main markets also, Coll stated:
“In addition to preserving our leadership in the luxury travel sector within Mexico and the Caribbean, we will also be exploring opportunities to acquire more distribution companies and resorts next year if we find favourable conditions.”
With 14 hotel complexes currently under construction, Apple Leisure Group is rapidly expanding and should reach the sum of 65 resorts by 2019. Though some of the company’s properties are situated in Latin American destinations like Costa Rica and Panama, its most important locations are undoubtedly Mexico and the Caribbean including Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Coll explained that these destinations are the locations of choice for the group due to their enormous potential:
“The Caribbean and Mexico are both hot springs for development, as STR has predicted a 12% increase in the number of hotels in construction in the region in comparison to the previous year.
“Combined with the solid demand of travellers, 2017 will offer another excellent opportunity for hotel owners who are looking to make further profits within the holiday industry in conjunction with reliable partners, like Apple Leisure Group, which has a great understanding of the sector.”
This year, AMResorts will celebrate its 16th anniversary. After closing 2016 with 52 resorts under its wings, the hotel subsidiary is operating under six world-renowned brands with experience in offering quality services within the holiday industry: ZoetryWellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and SunscapeResorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...