Movenpick Hotel Han River planned for Vietnam's newest tourist destination Danang
Upscale hotelier Movenpick will open a new resort in Vietnam's coastal city of Danang in 2019. The former French colonial port on the South China Sea is currently in the grip of a tourism boom owing to its convenient location in the centre of Vietnam, great transport links, and beaches on the South China Sea.
Movenpick is the latest hotel group to announce it will construct a new hotel in Vietnam’s coastal city Danang. The former French colonial port in the centre of Vietnam’s snaking eastern coast is seeing continued investment from international resort chains as tourists flock to its sandy beaches and the picturesque Ba Na hills.
The city’s international airport, six miles from the centre, plus its central location in Vietnam and proximity to the popular Hai Van Pass and several world heritage sites has rapidly transformed it into a transport hub and key tourism destination for Vietnam. It also boasts China Beach, said to be one of the country’s best stretches of sand.
The new 150-room Mövenpick Hotel Han River will be situated where the Han River meets the South China Sea in the commercial heart of Danang. The hotel will offer riverside rooms and a range of contemporary amenities such as a signature rooftop bar and restaurant, lobby lounge, café and wine bar, pool bar and speciality restaurant.
Its leisure facilities will include a swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and kids' club, as well as a ballroom and meeting rooms. The development will also feature 354 private residences for longer stays. It is scheduled to open in the latter half of 2019.
“For Mövenpick, this development is all about creating an urban lifestyle venue that appeals to leisure and business guests. Danang is experiencing a development and tourism boom, as is Vietnam.”
Said Mövenpick’s Chief Development Officer and Senior Vice President in Asia, Andrew Langdon.
The Swiss hospitality company is fast establishing itself as a leading international brand in Vietnam with the signing of six properties in the country. Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi is already open and operating, while five other properties – Mövenpick Resort Cam Ranh Bay, Mövenpick Hotel Quang Bình, Mövenpick Resort Phu Quoc and Mövenpick Hotel Quy Nhon – are currently in development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
This trip will guarantee you fall in love with the Far East with a complete taste of Vietnam and a stay in the heart of Hong Kong
- Amazing opportunity to watch the sunrise over Halong Bay
- Complimentary Tai Chi and walking tours in Hong Kong
- Expert tours and transfers included in Vietnam to give you a hassle free and unique trip of a lifetime
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...