Costa Rica launches new global tourism campaign
The Costa Rica Tourism Board has teamed up with the United World Tourism Organisation and CNN International to launch a new campaign this month. The “Essential Costa Rica. My Choice, naturally” campaign will be rolled out across digital and TV platforms in the UK and Europe, Canada, Mexico and the U.S, and will help promote the tropical Central American country as an overall tourist destination.
A brand new campaign has been rolled out by the Costa Rica Tourism Board, the United World Tourism Organisation and CNN International. The “Essential Costa Rica. My choice, naturally” campaign is the largest one to be launched by the nation which is renowned for its natural beauty.
The campaign was launched on 3rd July, 2017 on social media, digital and TV platforms across five markets. These include countries throughout Europe, the UK, Canada, the United States and Mexico, due to their large number of international travellers.
Mauricio Ventura, the Minister of Tourism for Costa Rica said that the responsibility of promoting the nation as a tourist destination is usually managed by marketing and advertising actions by ICT. However, the tourism board decided to team up with the United Nations World Tourism Organisation and CNN International to gain a larger audience across the markets.
"We are making a breakthrough with this unique approach. It will be executed on the most diverse platforms, where we'll reach a wide range of markets like never before. 'essential Costa Rica. My Choice, Naturally' is a sensorial, inspiring and aspirational campaign that shows Costa Rica as a destination that generates authentic travel experiences, which create a sense of well-being in visitors."
Mr Ventura stated.
There will be ten videos that will each highlight a different part of Costa Rica. The videos will invite viewers to visit Costa Rica and find out for themselves why it has been rated the happiest place on earth for several years in a row.
Speaking about the campaign, Anita Mendiratta, the Special Advisor to the UNWTO Secretary General, added:
"It answers the age-old question: Where should I go on vacation? By using a declaration of trust, through a natural, cultural and personal connection, the choice to make is made obvious."
Costa Rica is one of the greenest countries in the world in terms of the landscapes and environmental practices. The nation plans to be the world’s first carbon neutral country by 2021, and sustainable practices are embraced by businesses, residents and visitors.
The country sits between Panama and Nicaragua in Central America, and it is home to at least five per cent of the world’s biodiversity. With miles of coastline and beautiful beaches, lush rainforests and cloud forests and jungles, Costa Rica boasts a plethora of diverse wildlife species, from insect and birds, to reptiles, animals and marine creatures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...