Amilla Fushi resort makes the most of the Maldives manta ray season
Amilla Fushi's guests can look forward to almost-guaranteed sightings of manta rays during their Maldives migration season thanks to a new Manta Adventure excursion offered by the resort’s dedicated marine hub, plus a hotline reporting sightings and scheduling last-minute speedboat trips.
Luxury Maldives resort Amilla Fushi has introduced a new Manta Adventure for guests to make the most of the Baa Atoll’s manta ray migration season. The island resort’s dedicated Marine Hub will offer boat excursions out into the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve to swim with manta rays, plus a "Manta on-call" hotline reporting sightings and organising spontaneous trips.
Between June and November travellers have an excellent chance of spotting manta rays in the Baa Atoll, when they migrate in their hundreds to feed in the atoll's plankton-rich waters. Located in the heart of Baa Atoll, Amilla Fushi’s diving and watersports hub is an ideal base for manta watching.
The new Manta Adventure excursion offers guests a unique opportunity to swim with manta rays at Hanifaru Bay, a renowned protected marine area and the world's largest natural manta ray feeding ground. If guests sign up to Amilla's exclusive manta hotline, the resort says they will never miss an opportunity for a close-up with the rays, with speedboat outings organised the minute there is a sighting. There are also scheduled excursions on alternate days.
Amilla's Marine Hub is a hive of water-based activities. There are guided excursions to explore the island’s house reef, including its renowned Blue Hole dive site; a marine biology course highlighting the area's rich underwater biodiversity; water sports including jet skiing, RS sailing, paddleboarding, X-Jetpacks and Seabobs; plus a fleet of private charter vessels for guests to explore the archipelago.
The resort’s resident marine biologist monitors and approves every marine-related pursuit to ensure that the Baa Atoll’s environment is protected and preserved. There is also a programme of excursions available to guests who want to participate in local marine conservation projects.
The private island resort has 67 villas including overwater cottages and large beach houses. It’s reached via a 30-minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport. As well as swimming pools, beaches and a kids club, the complex has a range of restaurants located in its informal food hub – Bazaar – and fine dining at its over-water restaurant Feeling Koi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...