Sandals Royal Barbados to open to tourists in December 2017
Sandals Resorts International announced last week that the Sandals Royal Barbados will open its doors to guests in time for the forthcoming winter season. The luxury resort will be the hotel group's second property to open on the Caribbean island, and it is due to launch on 20th December, 2017, with 222 all-concierge and butler-level suites, and the brand's first ever rooftop infinity swimming pool.
Sandals Resorts International has unveiled plans to open their newest luxury resort in Barbados this winter, just in time for the busy winter season. The hotel group will open the Sandals Royal Barbados to holidaymakers on 20th December, 2017.
The luxury resort will have 222 all concierge and butler-level suites in a variety of categories. These will include the hotel group’s signature Rondovals, Millionaire Butler Suites, and Skypool Suites, and there will be Swim-Up suites in the Crystal Lagoon Pool Complex. Guest staying in the top category suites can also enjoy chauffeured Rolls-Royce transfers to and from the airport.
Sandals Royal Barbados will feature a number of firsts, including the hotel group’s first rooftop infinity swimming pool with Parisienne French restaurant and poolside bar. There will also be the first beachfront glass infinity pool, and the group’s fist gentlemen’s only barber shop.
“Sandals Royal Barbados is progressing as it should and will most certainly be open and ready to welcome its first guests, as promised, on December 20th.”
Stated Adam Stewart, the Chief Executive of Sandals Resorts International.
Facilities at the all-inclusive resort will include a full-service Red Lane Spa spanning 15,000 feet, multiple swimming pools, and an entertainment pavilion with a four-lane bowling alley with Lovers Lanes, a lounge area and a games room. Dining options include four restaurants with American, French, Caribbean, Mediterranean culinary delights, and four bars with indoor and outdoor settings.
Another newbie is The Beach House Resort Shop, which will debut at the new Caribbean resort. The new retail brand will sell resort wear, local crafts and souvenirs, home goods, and more.
William Griffith, the Chief Executive of Barbados Tourism Marketing, explained:
“An established brand such as Sandals inspires great confidence in Barbados as a destination as we promote our island’s diverse, high calibre product offerings around the world.
“We are certain that this latest addition to our product profile will bring even more benefits to our tourism economy and we anticipate that this will augment our marketing efforts in all of our major source markets."
Mr Griffith also added:
“New developments like Sandals Royal Barbados will go a long way to keep our destination fresh and top-of-mind with potential holidaymakers, with the assurance that they will still have a safe and unforgettable holiday. Huge kudos to our friends at Sandals.”
Sandals Royal Barbados will be the second of the hotel group’s properties to open in Barbados. The Caribbean hotel group owns and operates luxury resorts across the tropical region under its three brands Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Catering for families, couples and groups, Sandals Resorts International has a wide range of luxury all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...