Sandals Royal Barbados to open to tourists in December 2017
Sandals Resorts International announced last week that the Sandals Royal Barbados will open its doors to guests in time for the forthcoming winter season. The luxury resort will be the hotel group's second property to open on the Caribbean island, and it is due to launch on 20th December, 2017, with 222 all-concierge and butler-level suites, and the brand's first ever rooftop infinity swimming pool.
Sandals Resorts International has unveiled plans to open their newest luxury resort in Barbados this winter, just in time for the busy winter season. The hotel group will open the Sandals Royal Barbados to holidaymakers on 20th December, 2017.
The luxury resort will have 222 all concierge and butler-level suites in a variety of categories. These will include the hotel group’s signature Rondovals, Millionaire Butler Suites, and Skypool Suites, and there will be Swim-Up suites in the Crystal Lagoon Pool Complex. Guest staying in the top category suites can also enjoy chauffeured Rolls-Royce transfers to and from the airport.
Sandals Royal Barbados will feature a number of firsts, including the hotel group’s first rooftop infinity swimming pool with Parisienne French restaurant and poolside bar. There will also be the first beachfront glass infinity pool, and the group’s fist gentlemen’s only barber shop.
“Sandals Royal Barbados is progressing as it should and will most certainly be open and ready to welcome its first guests, as promised, on December 20th.”
Stated Adam Stewart, the Chief Executive of Sandals Resorts International.
Facilities at the all-inclusive resort will include a full-service Red Lane Spa spanning 15,000 feet, multiple swimming pools, and an entertainment pavilion with a four-lane bowling alley with Lovers Lanes, a lounge area and a games room. Dining options include four restaurants with American, French, Caribbean, Mediterranean culinary delights, and four bars with indoor and outdoor settings.
Another newbie is The Beach House Resort Shop, which will debut at the new Caribbean resort. The new retail brand will sell resort wear, local crafts and souvenirs, home goods, and more.
William Griffith, the Chief Executive of Barbados Tourism Marketing, explained:
“An established brand such as Sandals inspires great confidence in Barbados as a destination as we promote our island’s diverse, high calibre product offerings around the world.
“We are certain that this latest addition to our product profile will bring even more benefits to our tourism economy and we anticipate that this will augment our marketing efforts in all of our major source markets."
Mr Griffith also added:
“New developments like Sandals Royal Barbados will go a long way to keep our destination fresh and top-of-mind with potential holidaymakers, with the assurance that they will still have a safe and unforgettable holiday. Huge kudos to our friends at Sandals.”
Sandals Royal Barbados will be the second of the hotel group’s properties to open in Barbados. The Caribbean hotel group owns and operates luxury resorts across the tropical region under its three brands Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Catering for families, couples and groups, Sandals Resorts International has a wide range of luxury all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...