AMResorts collection to continue expanding portfolio in Caribbean
Following an uptick in bookings at their Sunscape Splash Montego Bay resort, AMResorts recently announced plans to expand their properties and to introduce a number of innovations at their existing resorts. The company owns 52 resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America, and hopes to expand into Cuba in the near future.
AMResorts recently announced plans to expand and introduce innovations into their properties.
Javier Coll, executive vice-president and chief strategy officer at Apple Leisure Group, parent company of AMResorts, Apple Vacations, Travel Impressions and CheapCaribbean.com, recently stated that:
“We are adding more miniparks and more rooms near those parks at our Sunscape resorts. Sunscape is our four-star brand . . . but we spare no expense in technology, facilities and amenities at these resorts because they are as important as our five other brands, including Zoetry, our high-end boutique line.”
The announcement comes on the heels of a surge in demand for guestrooms at the Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, which increased in popularity following the opening of a new mini-waterpark.
According to Coll, Apple Leisure Group is investing more than $50 million to upgrade its technology, including web pages, booking engines, and access to flights and software programs. Introduction of the new systems will begin later this year and will continue through next spring.
There are even changes in the works for the resort’s menus, with big-name chefs, such as Richard Sandoval, bringing their ideas and concepts. Sandoval owns 45 restaurants in the US, Mexico, Asia, and the Middle East and will introduce the concept of Latin American cuisine to several AMResorts properties.
Coll further stated that:
“Without innovations we will not keep our position in the market.”
Mr. Coll added that overwater bungalows will be introduced at the Zoetry Isla Di Oro Aruba in 2018.
AMResorts is a large company with a worldwide reach; it owns 52 resorts under six brands in the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America, with 11 more openings planned by 2019. There are also talks currently underway regarding new openings in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, St. Lucia, and Colombia.
Coll also stated that AMResorts would like to expand into Cuba. The company has been operating on the island as a tour operator through Apple Vacations since 2015, but is limited by the availability of hotel rooms in Havana, according to Coll. Coll stated that:
“Our company’s true interest is to have our hotel brands in Cuba, and it is just a matter of time.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...