JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay in Vietnam wins prestigious World Travel Award
The newly opened JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay hotel has been named as Asia’s Leading New Resort at the 2017 World Travel Awards Asia and Australasia Gala Ceremony. The 244-room upscale resort in Vietnam opened to guests in January, 2017, and was designed by Bill Bensley. It is the first international luxury hotel brand to open on the nation’s “pearl island”.
The JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay resort has only been open a few months, but it has already picked up a prestigious award. The luxury hotel was named as Asia’s Leading New Resort at the 2017 World Travel Awards Asia and Australasia Gala Ceremony.
Designed by architect Bill Bensley, the property is the first international luxury hotel brand to open on the island of Phu Quoc, also known as “pearl island”. No to spaces are the same, and its design has been inspired by the legend of a fictional former university for French colonists.
Ty Collins, the General Manager of the resort, commented:
“We’re delighted to be named Asia’s Leading New Resort, and in particular to be recognised in this way by our colleagues in the hospitality industry.
“The opening of the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay marks the birth of luxury hospitality in Phu Quoc, and has established a benchmark of excellence and quality for future Marriott developments throughout Asia.”
The oceanfront hotel is located on Bai Khem, which translates to “ice cream beach”, and it boasts its own white sandy stretch which overlooks the emerald sea and neighbouring islands. The resort opened to guests in January this year, and has 244 guest rooms, suites and stand-alone villas.
Facilities at the resort have been designed to cater for all ages, and include several outdoor swimming pools, including a children’s pool; a modern fitness centre; a lavish Spa by JW; a kids’ club with fun supervised activities; and business facilities including a number of meeting rooms and a 715-square-metre Grand Ballroom.
For dining, there are plenty of Vietnamese, French and Japanese choices, with kitchens led by a team of talented chefs. These include the beachfront Red Rum seafood grill, French & Co with its pastry delights, and the Pink Pearl with delicious Cantonese culinary delights in a chic beach-facing venue.
Accommodation options are varied, and most offer views of sea or the landscaped gardens. Guest rooms and suites boast private balconies, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, wireless internet, mini-fridges, coffee makes, and private bathrooms with bath tubs and separate showers.
During their stay, guests can enjoy a wide range of activities such as kayaking, cycling, snorkelling, jogging, and boat rides. As Phu Quoc Island is mostly a national park, there is also a protected marine sanctuary where visitors can see diverse marine species in crystal-clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
The less touristy Da Nang is bursting with attractions and rich in a culture that every traveller will fall in love. Discover it for yourself at this luxury 5* resort
- Thrill seekers will love the dedicated Water Sport House on the beach including banana boats, jet skis and surfing
- Premier golf courses a matter of minutes away from the resort
- Choose from 4 restaurants and 2 bars on site, all specialising in different cuisines but all just as excellent
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Take a trip of a lifetime to the Nha Trang area that combines the rich heritage of Vietnam with the tranquillity of a secluded bay retreat
- Dine in an authentic hillside rock cave at the hotel for the perfect intimate date setting
- The resort offers a variety of dining experiences all with exceptional views out across the bay and the surrounding area
- Ideal for families as well as couples, with their dedicated Sub Club for children to take part in
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...