Sun Aqua Vilu Reef resort to host World Travel Awards Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony
The Maldives is gearing up for one of the travel industry' most prestigious events which will take place next weekend. The World Travel Awards Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony will take place at the Sun Aqua Vilu Reef hotel on Saturday 8th July, 2017, and will be attended by the travel and hospitality industry nominees for this year's regional awards, as well as officials from the Maldives Tourism Board and government.
Preparations are underway in the Maldives, as the nation gets ready to host the World Travel Awards Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony. This year’s prestigious event will be hosted by the upscale Sun Aqua Vilu Reef Resort & Spa on Saturday 8th July, 2017.
The luxury hotel will welcome leaders from the region’s travel and hospitality sectors, government officials, and nominees of the prestigious awards. The event will be hosted by two famous national faces: Moosa Waseem and Aminath Lamha Latheef, hosts of the Maldivian Idol TV series.
The event will start with a glitzy cocktail reception, and then followed by the gala ceremony where the region’s best hotels, airlines, tour operators and travel companies will be awarded. During the event, there will also be examples of authentic Maldivian culture on display through traditional Bandiya and Maafathi dances, and there will be live music from Maldivian singer Unoosha.
“It will be our pleasure to welcome guests to Sun Aqua Vilu Reef. With just a two and half weeks to go until the event, we are putting the finishing touches in place and I look forward to greeting all our guests at a wonderful resort in a picturesque tourist hotspot.”
Commented Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards.
The Sun Aqua Vilu Reef is a five-star resort located in the South Nilandhe Atoll in the Maldives. The upscale property has 103 Luxury Villas, six Suites, 62 Land Villas, and 35 Over Water Villas, that each boast private terraces and beautiful views overlooking the sea, beach or gardens. Guests can enjoy free wireless internet, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, a private bar, air conditioning, and large bathrooms with rain showers.
Evgenia Boyankova, the Group Director of Business Development, for Sun Siyam Resorts, commented:
“We are getting ready for World Travel Awards Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony with great excitement.”
“Myself and the team look forward to welcoming the participants to our boutique resort, where Maldivian hospitality, culture and luxury is unrivalled.”
The World Travel Awards was established in 1993 to honour, reward and celebrate the best travel industry sectors across the world. The annual award ceremonies have become the most prestigious in the industry, and the regional winners will go on to compete in the Grand Final Gala Ceremony later this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Eriyadu Island is located in the far North Western edge of North Male Atoll, the island is the perfect tropical escape...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...