Hilton Worldwide to open six new hotels in Sri Lanka including first DoubleTree properties
Hilton Worldwide has revealed that it will manage six more hotels in Sri Lanka, expanding its portfolio in the country. Following a meeting between Senior Vice President of Hilton Jonas Neihardt and Sri Lanka’s Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake, the hotel group announced it will manage three Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties and three Double Tree by Hilton hotels in Sri Lanka.
Hilton Worldwide will expand its presence in Sri Lanka by opening another six hotels. The global hotel group will manage three Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties and three Double Tree by Hilton hotels on the island.
The six new hotels are due to open to guests between 2020 and 2021, and the milestone will mark the debut of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Sri Lanka. The properties include Hilton Kandy Resort, Hilton Yala Resort & Spa, Hilton Kosgoda Resort, DoubleTree by Hilton Nuwara-Eliya, DoubleTree by Hilton Colombo International Airport, and DoubleTree by Hilton Negombo.
Guy Phillips, the Senior Vice President, Development for Asia & Australasia, Hilton, stated:
“Our hotels are strategically located in the heart of key tourist destinations of Kandy, Yala, Kosgoda, Nuwara-Eliya, Colombo and Negombo, allowing them to reap the full benefits of the burgeoning growth in tourism in Sri Lanka.
“We are pleased to be working with a partner of the experience and standing of Melwa Hotels & Resorts to advance our footprint within this dynamic country.”
Tourism in Sri Lanka is steadily growing, and in 2015, the Indian Ocean island was voted in the list of “Top 10 Coolest Countries” in the world by Forbes Magazine. Last year, the nation recorded more than two million tourist arrivals, which was a 14 per cent increase compared to the year before.
Since the end of the civil war in 2009, Sri Lanka has become a popular tourist destination as travellers return to the island that is home to beautiful white sand beaches fringed with lush jungles, soaring mountains, and diverse wildlife. Popular attractions on the island include Yala National Park, Adam’s Peak, Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Devon Falls, Seetha Amman Temple, Galle Fort, Temple of the Tooth and the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
Hilton Worldwide is a hospitality company and hotel group that operates more than 3,750 luxury properties across more than 80 countries all over the world. The company operates hotels and resorts under 13 brands. These including Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, and Hampton Inn.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....