Hilton Worldwide to open six new hotels in Sri Lanka including first DoubleTree properties
Hilton Worldwide has revealed that it will manage six more hotels in Sri Lanka, expanding its portfolio in the country. Following a meeting between Senior Vice President of Hilton Jonas Neihardt and Sri Lanka’s Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake, the hotel group announced it will manage three Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties and three Double Tree by Hilton hotels in Sri Lanka.
Hilton Worldwide will expand its presence in Sri Lanka by opening another six hotels. The global hotel group will manage three Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties and three Double Tree by Hilton hotels on the island.
The six new hotels are due to open to guests between 2020 and 2021, and the milestone will mark the debut of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Sri Lanka. The properties include Hilton Kandy Resort, Hilton Yala Resort & Spa, Hilton Kosgoda Resort, DoubleTree by Hilton Nuwara-Eliya, DoubleTree by Hilton Colombo International Airport, and DoubleTree by Hilton Negombo.
Guy Phillips, the Senior Vice President, Development for Asia & Australasia, Hilton, stated:
“Our hotels are strategically located in the heart of key tourist destinations of Kandy, Yala, Kosgoda, Nuwara-Eliya, Colombo and Negombo, allowing them to reap the full benefits of the burgeoning growth in tourism in Sri Lanka.
“We are pleased to be working with a partner of the experience and standing of Melwa Hotels & Resorts to advance our footprint within this dynamic country.”
Tourism in Sri Lanka is steadily growing, and in 2015, the Indian Ocean island was voted in the list of “Top 10 Coolest Countries” in the world by Forbes Magazine. Last year, the nation recorded more than two million tourist arrivals, which was a 14 per cent increase compared to the year before.
Since the end of the civil war in 2009, Sri Lanka has become a popular tourist destination as travellers return to the island that is home to beautiful white sand beaches fringed with lush jungles, soaring mountains, and diverse wildlife. Popular attractions on the island include Yala National Park, Adam’s Peak, Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Devon Falls, Seetha Amman Temple, Galle Fort, Temple of the Tooth and the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
Hilton Worldwide is a hospitality company and hotel group that operates more than 3,750 luxury properties across more than 80 countries all over the world. The company operates hotels and resorts under 13 brands. These including Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, and Hampton Inn.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than the Sri Lankan town...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...