Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay set to open on Egypt's Red Sea Riviera
Swiss hotel brand Movenpick is continuing to expand its presence in Egypt with a new beach and golf resort planned to open in the Red Sea Riviera area of Sokhna in 2020. The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be the group’s ninth hotel in Egypt, where it also operates eight luxury river cruisers.
Global hotel group Movenpick has reinforced its commitment to the Egyptian tourism industry with the announcement of the opening of a new beach and golf resort on Egypt’s Red Sea Riviera. Country-wide, Movenpick already runs eight Nile river cruisers and eight hotels.
The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be situated next to a sandy bay in the popular beach and golfing spot of Sokhna, close to Suez and just an hours’ drive from capital Cairo. The new luxury hotel will have 214 rooms and suites and is set to be completed by 2020.
It will be the Swiss brand’s second property in Sokhna, where it already manages Movenpick Resort El Sokhna. Often referred to as Cairo Beach, El Sokhna is the closest seaside destination to the Egyptian capital and has also carved a niche as a top regional golf location.
The new contemporary resort will overlook a world-class 18-hole golf course. Within the grounds there will be five dining options for guests, including a specialty restaurant and a rooftop lounge.
Plans for the resort also include meeting and event space spanning more than 1,000 square metres, a large swimming pool, an extensive spa and fitness facilities.
“As we accelerate our expansion in the Middle East and North Africa, Egypt is one of the key growth markets we are targeting and signing this new property in the stunning El Sokhna area not only confirms our long-term commitment to the country, but consolidates our position as a leading hospitality firm in the region.”
Said Movenpick Hotels & Resorts’ Chief Development Officer Andrew Langdon.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts operates hotels all over the Middle East and North Africa. Its Egypt portfolio includes properties in Aswan, Cairo, El Gouna, El Quseir, Sharm El Sheikh, Soma Bay and Taba.
The company is currently pursuing rapid expansion, with plans to operate 125 properties globally by 2020. Around 20 hotels are planned or under construction, including those in Chiang Mai in Thailand, Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia and Nairobi in Kenya.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Stay on the MS Royal VIking before a stay at the luxurious Sonesta St. George Luxor
- Sail the Nile in luxurious style onboard the newest, most magnificent floating hotel on the River Nile
- This cruise and hotel combine perfectly for a fantastic holiday
- Five star splendour on the banks of the Nile at Sonesta St. George Luxor
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Enjoy a Wonderfully Relaxing Holiday with a wide range of activities
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
M/S Royal Viking Itinerary (7 nights) Day One (Monday) Meet & assist al Luxor airport by our local representative....
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...