Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay set to open on Egypt's Red Sea Riviera
Swiss hotel brand Movenpick is continuing to expand its presence in Egypt with a new beach and golf resort planned to open in the Red Sea Riviera area of Sokhna in 2020. The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be the group’s ninth hotel in Egypt, where it also operates eight luxury river cruisers.
Global hotel group Movenpick has reinforced its commitment to the Egyptian tourism industry with the announcement of the opening of a new beach and golf resort on Egypt’s Red Sea Riviera. Country-wide, Movenpick already runs eight Nile river cruisers and eight hotels.
The Movenpick Hotel El Ein Bay will be situated next to a sandy bay in the popular beach and golfing spot of Sokhna, close to Suez and just an hours’ drive from capital Cairo. The new luxury hotel will have 214 rooms and suites and is set to be completed by 2020.
It will be the Swiss brand’s second property in Sokhna, where it already manages Movenpick Resort El Sokhna. Often referred to as Cairo Beach, El Sokhna is the closest seaside destination to the Egyptian capital and has also carved a niche as a top regional golf location.
The new contemporary resort will overlook a world-class 18-hole golf course. Within the grounds there will be five dining options for guests, including a specialty restaurant and a rooftop lounge.
Plans for the resort also include meeting and event space spanning more than 1,000 square metres, a large swimming pool, an extensive spa and fitness facilities.
“As we accelerate our expansion in the Middle East and North Africa, Egypt is one of the key growth markets we are targeting and signing this new property in the stunning El Sokhna area not only confirms our long-term commitment to the country, but consolidates our position as a leading hospitality firm in the region.”
Said Movenpick Hotels & Resorts’ Chief Development Officer Andrew Langdon.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts operates hotels all over the Middle East and North Africa. Its Egypt portfolio includes properties in Aswan, Cairo, El Gouna, El Quseir, Sharm El Sheikh, Soma Bay and Taba.
The company is currently pursuing rapid expansion, with plans to operate 125 properties globally by 2020. Around 20 hotels are planned or under construction, including those in Chiang Mai in Thailand, Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia and Nairobi in Kenya.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...