Excellence Oyster Bay adult-only has broken ground, in Jamaica
The Excellence Hotel Group has officially broken ground on its brand new all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. Excellence Oyster Bay will be the first adults-only hotel in Montego Bay, and it will sit on a private peninsula overlooking the sea, and will offer 325 suites, eight restaurants, seven bars, a tennis court, luxury spa, onsite archery range and several swimming pools.
The Ground Breaking ceremony was attended by leaders of the country’s tourism industry and government officials including Jamaica’s Prime Minister Andrew Holmes; the Ministry of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett; and Karl Samuda from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce. The $110 million dollar resort is scheduled to open to guests in the first half of 2018.
Don Antonio de Montaner, the CEO of Excellence Group, stated:
"We are excited to create a unique, world-class destination for Montego Bay Jamaica and its community, thereby, laying foundations for new opportunities for Jamaica and its people.
“Oyster Bay is a visionary resort designed to provide exceptional experiences in travel, hospitality, and luxury service.”
Mr de Montaner also added:
“With every aspect thoughtfully designed, we are creating over 1500 jobs for Jamaicans during the construction phase as well as planning to employ a staff of 700 Jamaicans when the resort opens its doors. Oyster Bay will further position Jamaica as one of the world's leading travel destinations while creating jobs, increasing tourism, and providing overall economic growth."
The luxury resort sits on a private peninsula in Montego Bay, overlooking the Caribbean Sea to one side and a calm turquoise lagoon on the other. The property is just 30 minutes from Sangster International Airport and close to the Falmouth town.
Excellence Oyster Bay will have 325 lavish suites with sea views and modern amenities. These include 800-square-foot junior suites and 2,000-square-foot upper suites that boast large living areas, balconies with ocean views and direct access to the pristine sandy beach.
The resort’s facilities include will eight restaurants and seven bars onsite, which range from high end martini lounges to sports bars. For leisure, there will be an onsite tennis court, several swimming pools, an outdoor activities area, an archery range, and a luxury spa where guests can relax with pampering treatments in a tranquil oceanfront venue.
During their stay at the upscale resort, guests can sunbathe on white sand beaches, take a dip in calm aquamarine lagoons, snorkel and scuba dive along the thriving reefs in the Montego Bay Marine Park, shop for souvenirs at bustling markets and boutiques, play golf at world-class courses, and visit historic former sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...