Excellence Oyster Bay adult-only has broken ground, in Jamaica
The Excellence Hotel Group has officially broken ground on its brand new all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. Excellence Oyster Bay will be the first adults-only hotel in Montego Bay, and it will sit on a private peninsula overlooking the sea, and will offer 325 suites, eight restaurants, seven bars, a tennis court, luxury spa, onsite archery range and several swimming pools.
The Ground Breaking ceremony was attended by leaders of the country’s tourism industry and government officials including Jamaica’s Prime Minister Andrew Holmes; the Ministry of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett; and Karl Samuda from the Ministry of Industry and Commerce. The $110 million dollar resort is scheduled to open to guests in the first half of 2018.
Don Antonio de Montaner, the CEO of Excellence Group, stated:
"We are excited to create a unique, world-class destination for Montego Bay Jamaica and its community, thereby, laying foundations for new opportunities for Jamaica and its people.
“Oyster Bay is a visionary resort designed to provide exceptional experiences in travel, hospitality, and luxury service.”
Mr de Montaner also added:
“With every aspect thoughtfully designed, we are creating over 1500 jobs for Jamaicans during the construction phase as well as planning to employ a staff of 700 Jamaicans when the resort opens its doors. Oyster Bay will further position Jamaica as one of the world's leading travel destinations while creating jobs, increasing tourism, and providing overall economic growth."
The luxury resort sits on a private peninsula in Montego Bay, overlooking the Caribbean Sea to one side and a calm turquoise lagoon on the other. The property is just 30 minutes from Sangster International Airport and close to the Falmouth town.
Excellence Oyster Bay will have 325 lavish suites with sea views and modern amenities. These include 800-square-foot junior suites and 2,000-square-foot upper suites that boast large living areas, balconies with ocean views and direct access to the pristine sandy beach.
The resort’s facilities include will eight restaurants and seven bars onsite, which range from high end martini lounges to sports bars. For leisure, there will be an onsite tennis court, several swimming pools, an outdoor activities area, an archery range, and a luxury spa where guests can relax with pampering treatments in a tranquil oceanfront venue.
During their stay at the upscale resort, guests can sunbathe on white sand beaches, take a dip in calm aquamarine lagoons, snorkel and scuba dive along the thriving reefs in the Montego Bay Marine Park, shop for souvenirs at bustling markets and boutiques, play golf at world-class courses, and visit historic former sugar plantations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...