The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun officially opens
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun has officially opened its doors to holidaymakers in Mexico. The launch of the five-star, all-inclusive resort was celebrated by the Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials during the ceremony which included a tour of the resort, live entertainment, and a gourmet meal prepared by the onsite Chef Ricardo Cabeze.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, officially opened The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun last month. The resort hosted a ceremony which was attended by government officials and guests, and included live entertainment and a delicious meal.
The five-star all-inclusive resort is located on the same site as the AAA Diamond Moon Palace Cancun in Mexico, and it has 1,300 guest rooms and suites. The new property is already being hailed by company executives as one of Mexico’s most luxury hotels.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, explained:
“The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is without a doubt our most unbelievable project yet. Palace Resorts envisioned a property that would truly take luxury, convenience and entertainment and upscale culinary dining and combine it to surpass any traditional, luxury all-inclusive around.
“Launching this ambitious undertaking would not have been possible without the endorsement of Mexican President, Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials and entities including our valued partners.”
The luxury resort boasts a wide range of upscale facilities that cater for all ages. There are nine outdoor swimming pools with two adults-only swimming pools, a water park with a lazy river, a bowling alley, a kid’s playroom, and two nightclubs. Dining options are plentiful and guests can choose from eight restaurants serving diverse international culinary delights and bars and lounges. For relaxation, there’s the 76,875 square-foot Awe-Spa with more than 60 spa suites and an array of pampering therapies and services. The hotel can cater for large events with more than 80,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Accommodation at The Grand at Moon Palace range from ocean views rooms to spacious suites. In-room amenities include Smart TVs, wireless internet, free bottle of wine upon arrival, double whirlpools, and 24-hour rooms service.
The Moon Palace Cancun resort complex is located just ten minutes from Cancun International Airport. During their stay, holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of fun activities, from tennis, yoga, meditation and beach volleyball, to kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling. The resort has 14 restaurants, modern fitness centres, a spa, and a FlowRider where guests can practice their surfing skills.
Palace Resorts is a hotel group that operates a number of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in tropical destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The hotel group has a second Moon Palace-branded hotel in Jamaica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...