The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun officially opens
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun has officially opened its doors to holidaymakers in Mexico. The launch of the five-star, all-inclusive resort was celebrated by the Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials during the ceremony which included a tour of the resort, live entertainment, and a gourmet meal prepared by the onsite Chef Ricardo Cabeze.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, officially opened The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun last month. The resort hosted a ceremony which was attended by government officials and guests, and included live entertainment and a delicious meal.
The five-star all-inclusive resort is located on the same site as the AAA Diamond Moon Palace Cancun in Mexico, and it has 1,300 guest rooms and suites. The new property is already being hailed by company executives as one of Mexico’s most luxury hotels.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, explained:
“The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is without a doubt our most unbelievable project yet. Palace Resorts envisioned a property that would truly take luxury, convenience and entertainment and upscale culinary dining and combine it to surpass any traditional, luxury all-inclusive around.
“Launching this ambitious undertaking would not have been possible without the endorsement of Mexican President, Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials and entities including our valued partners.”
The luxury resort boasts a wide range of upscale facilities that cater for all ages. There are nine outdoor swimming pools with two adults-only swimming pools, a water park with a lazy river, a bowling alley, a kid’s playroom, and two nightclubs. Dining options are plentiful and guests can choose from eight restaurants serving diverse international culinary delights and bars and lounges. For relaxation, there’s the 76,875 square-foot Awe-Spa with more than 60 spa suites and an array of pampering therapies and services. The hotel can cater for large events with more than 80,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Accommodation at The Grand at Moon Palace range from ocean views rooms to spacious suites. In-room amenities include Smart TVs, wireless internet, free bottle of wine upon arrival, double whirlpools, and 24-hour rooms service.
The Moon Palace Cancun resort complex is located just ten minutes from Cancun International Airport. During their stay, holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of fun activities, from tennis, yoga, meditation and beach volleyball, to kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling. The resort has 14 restaurants, modern fitness centres, a spa, and a FlowRider where guests can practice their surfing skills.
Palace Resorts is a hotel group that operates a number of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in tropical destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The hotel group has a second Moon Palace-branded hotel in Jamaica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...