The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun officially opens
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun has officially opened its doors to holidaymakers in Mexico. The launch of the five-star, all-inclusive resort was celebrated by the Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials during the ceremony which included a tour of the resort, live entertainment, and a gourmet meal prepared by the onsite Chef Ricardo Cabeze.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, officially opened The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun last month. The resort hosted a ceremony which was attended by government officials and guests, and included live entertainment and a delicious meal.
The five-star all-inclusive resort is located on the same site as the AAA Diamond Moon Palace Cancun in Mexico, and it has 1,300 guest rooms and suites. The new property is already being hailed by company executives as one of Mexico’s most luxury hotels.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, explained:
“The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is without a doubt our most unbelievable project yet. Palace Resorts envisioned a property that would truly take luxury, convenience and entertainment and upscale culinary dining and combine it to surpass any traditional, luxury all-inclusive around.
“Launching this ambitious undertaking would not have been possible without the endorsement of Mexican President, Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials and entities including our valued partners.”
The luxury resort boasts a wide range of upscale facilities that cater for all ages. There are nine outdoor swimming pools with two adults-only swimming pools, a water park with a lazy river, a bowling alley, a kid’s playroom, and two nightclubs. Dining options are plentiful and guests can choose from eight restaurants serving diverse international culinary delights and bars and lounges. For relaxation, there’s the 76,875 square-foot Awe-Spa with more than 60 spa suites and an array of pampering therapies and services. The hotel can cater for large events with more than 80,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Accommodation at The Grand at Moon Palace range from ocean views rooms to spacious suites. In-room amenities include Smart TVs, wireless internet, free bottle of wine upon arrival, double whirlpools, and 24-hour rooms service.
The Moon Palace Cancun resort complex is located just ten minutes from Cancun International Airport. During their stay, holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of fun activities, from tennis, yoga, meditation and beach volleyball, to kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling. The resort has 14 restaurants, modern fitness centres, a spa, and a FlowRider where guests can practice their surfing skills.
Palace Resorts is a hotel group that operates a number of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in tropical destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The hotel group has a second Moon Palace-branded hotel in Jamaica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...