The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun officially opens
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun has officially opened its doors to holidaymakers in Mexico. The launch of the five-star, all-inclusive resort was celebrated by the Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials during the ceremony which included a tour of the resort, live entertainment, and a gourmet meal prepared by the onsite Chef Ricardo Cabeze.
The President of Mexico, Enrique Pena Nieto, officially opened The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun last month. The resort hosted a ceremony which was attended by government officials and guests, and included live entertainment and a delicious meal.
The five-star all-inclusive resort is located on the same site as the AAA Diamond Moon Palace Cancun in Mexico, and it has 1,300 guest rooms and suites. The new property is already being hailed by company executives as one of Mexico’s most luxury hotels.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, explained:
“The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is without a doubt our most unbelievable project yet. Palace Resorts envisioned a property that would truly take luxury, convenience and entertainment and upscale culinary dining and combine it to surpass any traditional, luxury all-inclusive around.
“Launching this ambitious undertaking would not have been possible without the endorsement of Mexican President, Enrique Pena Nieto and other government officials and entities including our valued partners.”
The luxury resort boasts a wide range of upscale facilities that cater for all ages. There are nine outdoor swimming pools with two adults-only swimming pools, a water park with a lazy river, a bowling alley, a kid’s playroom, and two nightclubs. Dining options are plentiful and guests can choose from eight restaurants serving diverse international culinary delights and bars and lounges. For relaxation, there’s the 76,875 square-foot Awe-Spa with more than 60 spa suites and an array of pampering therapies and services. The hotel can cater for large events with more than 80,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Accommodation at The Grand at Moon Palace range from ocean views rooms to spacious suites. In-room amenities include Smart TVs, wireless internet, free bottle of wine upon arrival, double whirlpools, and 24-hour rooms service.
The Moon Palace Cancun resort complex is located just ten minutes from Cancun International Airport. During their stay, holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of fun activities, from tennis, yoga, meditation and beach volleyball, to kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling. The resort has 14 restaurants, modern fitness centres, a spa, and a FlowRider where guests can practice their surfing skills.
Palace Resorts is a hotel group that operates a number of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in tropical destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico. The hotel group has a second Moon Palace-branded hotel in Jamaica.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...