Maldives Amilla Fushi resort opens new restaurant with Gordon Ramsay pop-up
Private island resort Amilla Fushi has opened a new waterside eatery inspired by the cuisine of Italy’s Piedmont region. The Barolo Grill will also play host to a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants, beginning with Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
Trendy Maldivian hideaway Amilla Fushi resort has upped its culinary offering with the opening of an eatery bringing the celebrated food and wine of Italy’s Piedmont region to the little tropical island in the Baa Atoll.
The new Barolo Grill Italian Kitchen will also host a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants and chefs, kicking off with a residency from Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
The restaurant, located in the resort’s beachside Baazaar food hub, is the brainchild of Small Maldives Island CEO Mark Hehir, who runs Amilla Fushi and is also an accomplished chef. Hehir and his team have created a menu of antipasti, fresh handmade pasta, chargrilled meat and seafood.
Dishes such as the signature Fisherman's Crustacean Stew and reef fish carpaccio with taggiasca olives and lemon dressing have been given a Maldivian twist, while the restaurant’s special charcuterie platter is an authentic Italian medley with 24-year-aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Fresh handmade pasta, risotto and gnocchi are complimented by dishes from the grill and recommended wines. The restaurant also serves carefully-crafted Italian desserts such as gelato, pannacotta and tiramisu.
Barolo Grill's tasting kitchen also gives diners an opportunity to sample special gastronomic menus showcasing some of Piedmont’s most famous wines, together with signature sourdough, marinated olives, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie.
The first edition of the four-part pop-up partnership with Gordon Ramsay's celebrated Bread Street Kitchen took place at the beginning of May. Subsequent Bread Street Kitchen pop-ups will take place from 16 – 27 October; 19 December 2017 to 10 January 2018; and 23 March to 7 April 2018.
As well as Barolo Grill, the island's Baazaar food hub features Joe's Pizza, traditional British Fish & Chips, Fresh, Wok and gourmet cafe-deli Emperor General Store.
The Wine Cellar serves up fine wine and cheese, while Amilla's over-water restaurant Feeling Koi features a selection of sushi, nigiri and sashimi in Japanese-inspired minimalist surroundings, with a private open-air dining room, an open deck by the water's edge and an open kitchen.
Amilla Fushi private island resort is 30 minutes by seaplane from Male International Airport. The resort has a range of multi-bedroom accommodation options and a kids' club making it suitable for families as well as other types of traveller.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...