Maldives Amilla Fushi resort opens new restaurant with Gordon Ramsay pop-up
Private island resort Amilla Fushi has opened a new waterside eatery inspired by the cuisine of Italy’s Piedmont region. The Barolo Grill will also play host to a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants, beginning with Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
Trendy Maldivian hideaway Amilla Fushi resort has upped its culinary offering with the opening of an eatery bringing the celebrated food and wine of Italy’s Piedmont region to the little tropical island in the Baa Atoll.
The new Barolo Grill Italian Kitchen will also host a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants and chefs, kicking off with a residency from Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
The restaurant, located in the resort’s beachside Baazaar food hub, is the brainchild of Small Maldives Island CEO Mark Hehir, who runs Amilla Fushi and is also an accomplished chef. Hehir and his team have created a menu of antipasti, fresh handmade pasta, chargrilled meat and seafood.
Dishes such as the signature Fisherman's Crustacean Stew and reef fish carpaccio with taggiasca olives and lemon dressing have been given a Maldivian twist, while the restaurant’s special charcuterie platter is an authentic Italian medley with 24-year-aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Fresh handmade pasta, risotto and gnocchi are complimented by dishes from the grill and recommended wines. The restaurant also serves carefully-crafted Italian desserts such as gelato, pannacotta and tiramisu.
Barolo Grill's tasting kitchen also gives diners an opportunity to sample special gastronomic menus showcasing some of Piedmont’s most famous wines, together with signature sourdough, marinated olives, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie.
The first edition of the four-part pop-up partnership with Gordon Ramsay's celebrated Bread Street Kitchen took place at the beginning of May. Subsequent Bread Street Kitchen pop-ups will take place from 16 – 27 October; 19 December 2017 to 10 January 2018; and 23 March to 7 April 2018.
As well as Barolo Grill, the island's Baazaar food hub features Joe's Pizza, traditional British Fish & Chips, Fresh, Wok and gourmet cafe-deli Emperor General Store.
The Wine Cellar serves up fine wine and cheese, while Amilla's over-water restaurant Feeling Koi features a selection of sushi, nigiri and sashimi in Japanese-inspired minimalist surroundings, with a private open-air dining room, an open deck by the water's edge and an open kitchen.
Amilla Fushi private island resort is 30 minutes by seaplane from Male International Airport. The resort has a range of multi-bedroom accommodation options and a kids' club making it suitable for families as well as other types of traveller.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...