Maldives Amilla Fushi resort opens new restaurant with Gordon Ramsay pop-up
Private island resort Amilla Fushi has opened a new waterside eatery inspired by the cuisine of Italy’s Piedmont region. The Barolo Grill will also play host to a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants, beginning with Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
Trendy Maldivian hideaway Amilla Fushi resort has upped its culinary offering with the opening of an eatery bringing the celebrated food and wine of Italy’s Piedmont region to the little tropical island in the Baa Atoll.
The new Barolo Grill Italian Kitchen will also host a series of pop-ups from world-renowned restaurants and chefs, kicking off with a residency from Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen.
The restaurant, located in the resort’s beachside Baazaar food hub, is the brainchild of Small Maldives Island CEO Mark Hehir, who runs Amilla Fushi and is also an accomplished chef. Hehir and his team have created a menu of antipasti, fresh handmade pasta, chargrilled meat and seafood.
Dishes such as the signature Fisherman's Crustacean Stew and reef fish carpaccio with taggiasca olives and lemon dressing have been given a Maldivian twist, while the restaurant’s special charcuterie platter is an authentic Italian medley with 24-year-aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Fresh handmade pasta, risotto and gnocchi are complimented by dishes from the grill and recommended wines. The restaurant also serves carefully-crafted Italian desserts such as gelato, pannacotta and tiramisu.
Barolo Grill's tasting kitchen also gives diners an opportunity to sample special gastronomic menus showcasing some of Piedmont’s most famous wines, together with signature sourdough, marinated olives, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie.
The first edition of the four-part pop-up partnership with Gordon Ramsay's celebrated Bread Street Kitchen took place at the beginning of May. Subsequent Bread Street Kitchen pop-ups will take place from 16 – 27 October; 19 December 2017 to 10 January 2018; and 23 March to 7 April 2018.
As well as Barolo Grill, the island's Baazaar food hub features Joe's Pizza, traditional British Fish & Chips, Fresh, Wok and gourmet cafe-deli Emperor General Store.
The Wine Cellar serves up fine wine and cheese, while Amilla's over-water restaurant Feeling Koi features a selection of sushi, nigiri and sashimi in Japanese-inspired minimalist surroundings, with a private open-air dining room, an open deck by the water's edge and an open kitchen.
Amilla Fushi private island resort is 30 minutes by seaplane from Male International Airport. The resort has a range of multi-bedroom accommodation options and a kids' club making it suitable for families as well as other types of traveller.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...