Jordan Tourism Board records increase in overnight Indian travellers
The Jordan Tourism Board has revealed that the number of daily Indian travellers visiting Jordan declined in 2016. Figures show that daily numbers from India were down by 4.5 per cent, which indicated that travellers were staying overnight rather than just visiting the sites and attractions for the day. Overnight visitors increased by 18.4 per cent.
The daily number of Indian visitor numbers to Jordan declined in 2016, according to recent figures released by the Jordan Tourism Board. However, the statistics indicate that travellers were choosing to stay longer than one day, to enjoy the country’s sights and attractions.
The Jordan Tourism Board recorded a 4.5 decline in daily Indian arrivals last year. However, the number of overnight visitors to Jordan grew by an impressive 18.4 per cent.
Ashit Taneja, the Country Manager the India Representative office of the Jordan Tourism Board, Think Strawberries,commented:
“Jordan still is and will remain one of the safest destinations to visit.
“It is a very stable country with unique blend of culture, history, food, wellness, adventure and warm hospitality that continues to draw tourists from India and all over the world every years.”
Think Strawberries has set a target to make Jordan the "most desirable destination" for Indian travellers by 2019. The office has launched a number of marketing campaigns and promotions to entice Indian travellers to visit the country that is bursting with ancient wonders.
Bordered by Saudi Arabia and Israel, Jordan is a country in the Middle East which is rich in history, natural beauty, and ancient archaeological sites. Tourists can enjoy trips to the ancient city of Petra which was built by Nabataeans more than 2,000 years ago, expeditions to the caves and canyons of Wadi Rum, or tours of the Roman ruins of the Temple of Herakles. As well ancient sites, there are plenty of modern malls in Amman and traditional souks where visitors can purchase souvenirs and handmade gifts.
The Museum of Jordan is located in the capital city of Amman, and is home to more than 2,000 ancient artefacts that are showcased in nine permanent exhibitions. There are interactive exhibits that bring the Citadel and Roman amphitheatre to life, and one exhibition focuses on the sacred, ancient Dead Sea Scrolls, with scriptures that are now part of the Hebrew Bible.
During a visit to Jordan, holidaymakers can go enjoy scuba diving in Gulf of Aqaba, swim in the mineral-rich Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on earth, and over the centuries, it has been visited by King Herod the Great and the famous Egyptian Queen, Cleopatra, The mineral-rich waters attract producers of award-winning wellness and medical spa products, and cosmetic therapeutic muds and salts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Escape the hum drum and visit the beautiful land of Jordan
- Explore the exquisite cuisine on offer
- Take advantage of the year round beautiful weather
- The impressive resort also offers luxury facilities that cater to sophisticated travellers
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
Enjoy spectacular views as you relax and unwind surrounded by the beauty of Jordan
- Petra, one of Seven Wonders of the World, is without a doubt Jordan's most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction
- Stay connected with your friends and family through the WIFI internet access.
- Delight in an original Nabatean bar surrounded with a large Piazza
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...