Elegant Hotels to open seventh hotel to luxury collection in Barbados
The Elegant Hotels Group has announced it will add a seventh hotel to its collection of hotels in Barbados. The hotel group will acquire the Treasure Beach Hotel on the west coast of the island and the takeover is expected to be finalised in May, 2017. The CEO of Elegant Hotels said the property will be refurbished throughout to meet Elegant’s standards.
The Elegant Hotels Group has revealed it will add another hotel to its portfolio in Barbados. The company is in middle of an agreement to acquire the Treasure Beach Hotel on the west coast of the island.
This will be the hotel group’s seventh hotel in Barbados, and the Chief Executive Officer of Elegant Hotels, Sunil Chatrani, said that the deal is expected to be finalised in May. 2017. The property has 35 guest rooms, and once purchased, it will undergo extensive refurbishments to meet the brand’s standards.
Mr Chatran, commented:
“When completed, this sale will see us heavily investing in renovations at Treasure Beach similar to what we did at Waves, to bring the resort up to the Elegant standard.
“We see enormous potential for this property and are excited at the prospect of creating a resort that will complement our existing portfolio and meet the exacting standards that our guests have come to expect from Elegant Hotels.”
The Elegant Hotels Group has six other hotel in Barbados, and last year, it acquired a hotel on the island for US$18 million, and transformed it into the Waves Hotel and Spa. The all-inclusive hotel sits on 1.8 acres of land on a beachfront cliff in St James parish, and is an "eco-chic wellness hotel".
The company will also open the Hodges Bay Resort & Spa in Antigua in October 2017. Elegant Hotels will enter the hotel market in St Lucia after it recently signed a sales and marketing agreement with The Landings Resort & Spa. As well as owning hotels in Barbados including Turtle Beach, Crystal Cove, The House, Tamarind and the Colony Club, the group also operates the beachfront Daphne’s restaurant on the island, which is sister to Daphne’s restaurant in London.
Barbados is a luxury tropical island in the Caribbean that is a popular travel destination for families, couples, groups and honeymooners. During their stay, tourists can go hiking through lush nature reserves such as the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; go shopping in high end boutiques or wander around traditional craft markets; or take a tour around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown. Harrison’s Cave and the Andromeda Gardens are both popular attractions for nature lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Flash Sale back on with savings of upto £400
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...