Elegant Hotels to open seventh hotel to luxury collection in Barbados
The Elegant Hotels Group has announced it will add a seventh hotel to its collection of hotels in Barbados. The hotel group will acquire the Treasure Beach Hotel on the west coast of the island and the takeover is expected to be finalised in May, 2017. The CEO of Elegant Hotels said the property will be refurbished throughout to meet Elegant’s standards.
The Elegant Hotels Group has revealed it will add another hotel to its portfolio in Barbados. The company is in middle of an agreement to acquire the Treasure Beach Hotel on the west coast of the island.
This will be the hotel group’s seventh hotel in Barbados, and the Chief Executive Officer of Elegant Hotels, Sunil Chatrani, said that the deal is expected to be finalised in May. 2017. The property has 35 guest rooms, and once purchased, it will undergo extensive refurbishments to meet the brand’s standards.
Mr Chatran, commented:
“When completed, this sale will see us heavily investing in renovations at Treasure Beach similar to what we did at Waves, to bring the resort up to the Elegant standard.
“We see enormous potential for this property and are excited at the prospect of creating a resort that will complement our existing portfolio and meet the exacting standards that our guests have come to expect from Elegant Hotels.”
The Elegant Hotels Group has six other hotel in Barbados, and last year, it acquired a hotel on the island for US$18 million, and transformed it into the Waves Hotel and Spa. The all-inclusive hotel sits on 1.8 acres of land on a beachfront cliff in St James parish, and is an "eco-chic wellness hotel".
The company will also open the Hodges Bay Resort & Spa in Antigua in October 2017. Elegant Hotels will enter the hotel market in St Lucia after it recently signed a sales and marketing agreement with The Landings Resort & Spa. As well as owning hotels in Barbados including Turtle Beach, Crystal Cove, The House, Tamarind and the Colony Club, the group also operates the beachfront Daphne’s restaurant on the island, which is sister to Daphne’s restaurant in London.
Barbados is a luxury tropical island in the Caribbean that is a popular travel destination for families, couples, groups and honeymooners. During their stay, tourists can go hiking through lush nature reserves such as the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; go shopping in high end boutiques or wander around traditional craft markets; or take a tour around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown. Harrison’s Cave and the Andromeda Gardens are both popular attractions for nature lovers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
- Taste delicious local cuisine at the poolside courtyard bistro
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados, now with a saving of up to 10%
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...