National Geographic Photographer to host masterclass at Anse Chastanet resort in St Lucia
The Anse Chastanet Resort in St Lucia will host a master class by one of the world’s leading photographers this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the eco-friendly resort in October, 2017, bringing his expertise after more than three decades contributing to the National Geographic magazine.
One of St Lucia’s most luxurious resorts will host a workshop led by a world-renowned photographer this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the Anse Chastanet resort.
McNally has been contributing to the National Geographic magazine for more than three decades, and he has assignments in more than 50 countries worldwide. He will host the master class at the eco-friendly resort in St Lucia from 10th to 15th October, 2017.
The workshop is aimed at advanced photographers and National Geographic Photography Workshop alumni. The experienced photographer will teach participants the complexities of advanced photography, give lecture talks, and take students on a trail through the beautiful grounds of Anse Chastanet resort, which is surrounded by a tropical rainforest.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of Marketing and Operations of Anse Chastanet and its neighbouring sister resort, Jade Mountain, commented:
“In addition to Joe McNally, an international photography legend, we are also delighted to welcome the participants to our resort.”
“It’s wonderful to know they will associate their passion for capturing beauty through their lens with Anse Chastanet.”
During the six-day workshop, participants receive daily instruction and critiques of their images from McNally and a support team of photographers. They will learn about artificial lighting, and different flash techniques from high speed flash to multiple speed light interiors. McNally wants his students to capture St Lucia’s spirit during photo shoots with local islanders within tropical surroundings. National Geographic Expeditions selected Anse Chastanet because it is:
“Blanketed in lush jungles, edged by luminous sandy beaches, and crowned by the staggering twin peaks of its iconic Pitons.”
Anse Chastanet is a luxury resort located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
The upscale resort has individually designed guest rooms that don’t have any modern technology to distract guests from the magnificent natural views. During their stay, tourist can savour delicious, fresh food at the restaurants, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the pool, or indulge in a pampering treatment in the lavish spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...