National Geographic Photographer to host masterclass at Anse Chastanet resort in St Lucia
The Anse Chastanet Resort in St Lucia will host a master class by one of the world’s leading photographers this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the eco-friendly resort in October, 2017, bringing his expertise after more than three decades contributing to the National Geographic magazine.
One of St Lucia’s most luxurious resorts will host a workshop led by a world-renowned photographer this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the Anse Chastanet resort.
McNally has been contributing to the National Geographic magazine for more than three decades, and he has assignments in more than 50 countries worldwide. He will host the master class at the eco-friendly resort in St Lucia from 10th to 15th October, 2017.
The workshop is aimed at advanced photographers and National Geographic Photography Workshop alumni. The experienced photographer will teach participants the complexities of advanced photography, give lecture talks, and take students on a trail through the beautiful grounds of Anse Chastanet resort, which is surrounded by a tropical rainforest.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of Marketing and Operations of Anse Chastanet and its neighbouring sister resort, Jade Mountain, commented:
“In addition to Joe McNally, an international photography legend, we are also delighted to welcome the participants to our resort.”
“It’s wonderful to know they will associate their passion for capturing beauty through their lens with Anse Chastanet.”
During the six-day workshop, participants receive daily instruction and critiques of their images from McNally and a support team of photographers. They will learn about artificial lighting, and different flash techniques from high speed flash to multiple speed light interiors. McNally wants his students to capture St Lucia’s spirit during photo shoots with local islanders within tropical surroundings. National Geographic Expeditions selected Anse Chastanet because it is:
“Blanketed in lush jungles, edged by luminous sandy beaches, and crowned by the staggering twin peaks of its iconic Pitons.”
Anse Chastanet is a luxury resort located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
The upscale resort has individually designed guest rooms that don’t have any modern technology to distract guests from the magnificent natural views. During their stay, tourist can savour delicious, fresh food at the restaurants, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the pool, or indulge in a pampering treatment in the lavish spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...