National Geographic Photographer to host masterclass at Anse Chastanet resort in St Lucia
The Anse Chastanet Resort in St Lucia will host a master class by one of the world’s leading photographers this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the eco-friendly resort in October, 2017, bringing his expertise after more than three decades contributing to the National Geographic magazine.
One of St Lucia’s most luxurious resorts will host a workshop led by a world-renowned photographer this year. Joe McNally will host the “Advanced Photography and Lighting Workshop” for National Geographic Expeditions at the Anse Chastanet resort.
McNally has been contributing to the National Geographic magazine for more than three decades, and he has assignments in more than 50 countries worldwide. He will host the master class at the eco-friendly resort in St Lucia from 10th to 15th October, 2017.
The workshop is aimed at advanced photographers and National Geographic Photography Workshop alumni. The experienced photographer will teach participants the complexities of advanced photography, give lecture talks, and take students on a trail through the beautiful grounds of Anse Chastanet resort, which is surrounded by a tropical rainforest.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of Marketing and Operations of Anse Chastanet and its neighbouring sister resort, Jade Mountain, commented:
“In addition to Joe McNally, an international photography legend, we are also delighted to welcome the participants to our resort.”
“It’s wonderful to know they will associate their passion for capturing beauty through their lens with Anse Chastanet.”
During the six-day workshop, participants receive daily instruction and critiques of their images from McNally and a support team of photographers. They will learn about artificial lighting, and different flash techniques from high speed flash to multiple speed light interiors. McNally wants his students to capture St Lucia’s spirit during photo shoots with local islanders within tropical surroundings. National Geographic Expeditions selected Anse Chastanet because it is:
“Blanketed in lush jungles, edged by luminous sandy beaches, and crowned by the staggering twin peaks of its iconic Pitons.”
Anse Chastanet is a luxury resort located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
The upscale resort has individually designed guest rooms that don’t have any modern technology to distract guests from the magnificent natural views. During their stay, tourist can savour delicious, fresh food at the restaurants, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the pool, or indulge in a pampering treatment in the lavish spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...