Sandals Barbados expansion project changed to become second separate luxury resort
Sandals Resorts International has revealed that the expansion of Sandals Barbados will instead result in the creation of a second resort which is due to open in December, 2017. The Chairman of Sandals explained that the new all-suite Sandals Royal Barbados will complement the existing resort, and guests will have access to the facilities at both properties.
The expansion of the Sandals Barbados Resort has now been changed to create a completely new resort. Sandals Royal Barbados will be built in place of the expansion of the existing resort and is due to open in December, 2017.
The Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, explained that new resort in Barbados will complement the existing one. Facilities at both luxury resorts will also be accessible for all Sandals guests.
“After reviewing the scope of the project, we felt that expanding may compromise intimacy, essential to a romantic setting, and possible service standards, so we established a management team dedicated exclusively to Sandals Royal Barbados and designed the new resort to complement Sandals Barbados where, in Sandals’ style, guests may stay at one but play at two.”
Stated Mr Stewart.
Accommodation at Sandals Royal Barbados will be 222 butler-level and concierge suites, including the luxurious Rondovals, Skypool Suites, and Millionaire Butler Suites. The suites will feature an indoor dining table, writing desk, sofa, smart TV, a butler pantry, fully-stocked wet bar with premium spirits, balconies with a Tranquillity Soaking Tub for two, and bathrooms with Carrara marble vanity stations with backlit mirrors, freestanding bathtubs, and separate showers with frosted-glass.
During their stay, guests can enjoy access to onsite facilities including multiple swimming pools, four bars, and five dining venues with diverse American, French, Chinese-Japanese, Mediterranean, and Caribbean culinary delights. There will be a 6,000-square-foot conference facility, and guests can enjoy replenishing treatments at the 15,000-square-foot Red Lane Spa with its upscale facilities and therapies.
Sandals Barbados is located on the south side of Barbados, on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. Guests can choose from three accommodation categories, including Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village with swim-upriver suites and suites with private butler service. The resort also boasts a Red Lane Spa, several gourmet restaurants, and an amphitheatre that overlooks the pristine Dover Beach.
Sandals Resorts International was founded in 1981 following the launch of its first resort in Jamaica. The group owns and operates numerous all-inclusive luxury hotels and resorts across the Caribbean, in tropical island destinations such as St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Grenada, and The Bahamas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality that's uniquely Bajan at Sea Breeze Beach House by Ocean Hotels, close to the nightlife of Oistins and St Lawrence Gap.
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids (up to 16 years old) stay and play free when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- Beautiful, Intimate and Boutique Beachfront property that is perfect for weddings
- All-inclusive resort - Dine at six fabulous restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, from beach snacks to fine dining
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...