Sandals Barbados expansion project changed to become second separate luxury resort
Sandals Resorts International has revealed that the expansion of Sandals Barbados will instead result in the creation of a second resort which is due to open in December, 2017. The Chairman of Sandals explained that the new all-suite Sandals Royal Barbados will complement the existing resort, and guests will have access to the facilities at both properties.
The expansion of the Sandals Barbados Resort has now been changed to create a completely new resort. Sandals Royal Barbados will be built in place of the expansion of the existing resort and is due to open in December, 2017.
The Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, explained that new resort in Barbados will complement the existing one. Facilities at both luxury resorts will also be accessible for all Sandals guests.
“After reviewing the scope of the project, we felt that expanding may compromise intimacy, essential to a romantic setting, and possible service standards, so we established a management team dedicated exclusively to Sandals Royal Barbados and designed the new resort to complement Sandals Barbados where, in Sandals’ style, guests may stay at one but play at two.”
Stated Mr Stewart.
Accommodation at Sandals Royal Barbados will be 222 butler-level and concierge suites, including the luxurious Rondovals, Skypool Suites, and Millionaire Butler Suites. The suites will feature an indoor dining table, writing desk, sofa, smart TV, a butler pantry, fully-stocked wet bar with premium spirits, balconies with a Tranquillity Soaking Tub for two, and bathrooms with Carrara marble vanity stations with backlit mirrors, freestanding bathtubs, and separate showers with frosted-glass.
During their stay, guests can enjoy access to onsite facilities including multiple swimming pools, four bars, and five dining venues with diverse American, French, Chinese-Japanese, Mediterranean, and Caribbean culinary delights. There will be a 6,000-square-foot conference facility, and guests can enjoy replenishing treatments at the 15,000-square-foot Red Lane Spa with its upscale facilities and therapies.
Sandals Barbados is located on the south side of Barbados, on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. Guests can choose from three accommodation categories, including Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village with swim-upriver suites and suites with private butler service. The resort also boasts a Red Lane Spa, several gourmet restaurants, and an amphitheatre that overlooks the pristine Dover Beach.
Sandals Resorts International was founded in 1981 following the launch of its first resort in Jamaica. The group owns and operates numerous all-inclusive luxury hotels and resorts across the Caribbean, in tropical island destinations such as St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Grenada, and The Bahamas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...