Elegant Hotels takes over Barbados’ Treasure Beach
High-end hotel operator Elegant Resorts has announced it has purchased Treasure Beach Resort on Barbados’ west coast, situated next to several of the group’s existing properties including the Tamarind, The House and beach-front Daphnes’ Restaurant.
The four-star Treasure Beach Resort on Barbados’ west coast has been sold to the island’s biggest hotel operator Elegant Hotels. The 35-room hotel on Paynes Bay beach is situated next to Elegant Hotel’s other properties including the Tamarind Hotel, Daphnes restaurant, and The House, making for a smooth acquisition.
The former Treasure Beach hotel in the St James Parish has a prime position on Barbados’ coveted Platinum Coast, which boasts fine slices of white sand and calm clear waters. It is set on 1.18 acres of land, and its amenities include a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant.
As a result of joining Elegant Hotels’ portfolio, four of the group’s properties will account for a continuous 300-metre stretch of Barbados’ sought-after west coast. It will be operated under the existing brand until July 2017.
Elegant Hotels plans to undertake a $10.5 million revamp of the resort this summer that will see it closed for rebranding between July and November 2017. It will reopen as the all-suite Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels with new features, decor and pricing.
The group plans to operate Treasure Beach as an adults-only European Plan hotel with an emphasis on a high-quality food offering. Ocean, Pool and Garden Suites will be arranged around the central pool, and rooms will feature soft furnishings in a Caribbean-inspired palette of white, fresh greens and magenta, along with plasma-screen televisions and stylish luxury bathrooms. Guests of Treasure Beach will also be able to make use of the facilities of the neighbouring Tamarind hotel.
The redesigned hotel will feature three Deluxe Suites – the Hemingway Suite, Hummingbird and Hibiscus Suites – set at the edge of the beach with private furnished terraces, plunge pools and uninterrupted sea views. All guest suites will offer a selection of books and novels for guests to enjoy during their stay.
Elegant Hotels’ CEO Sunil Chatrani said:
“Treasure Beach is a resort that we know very well, given its close proximity to a number of our other sites, and it is an extremely attractive property that has been a long-term target for the group. We are therefore delighted to be acquiring it, given the clear potential for operational and financial synergies, and look forward to integrating it into our portfolio.”
Elegant Hotels already owns and operates six upscale resorts – Colony Club, Tamarind, The House, Crystal Cove, Turtle Beach and Waves Hotel & Spa – plus high-end beach-front restaurant Daphnes, on the Caribbean island.
For more information, please visit: www.eleganthotels.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- July Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...