AMResorts to add ten resorts to collection in Mexico by 2020
AMResorts has announced that it is planning to open another 10 resorts across Mexico by 2020. The hotel group already operates 28 hotels and resorts in the country under six brands, and it is looking to launch new properties including the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa, which are both due to open in 2018.
AMResorts has revealed that it will be expanding its presence in Mexico with the opening of ten new resorts by 2020. The hotel groups, which is owned by the Apple Leisure Group currently operates 28 properties in the country under its six brands.
In 2018, AMResorts will open several new-build hotels in Mexico. These include the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico with 120 suites, and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa. Further details of the other resorts in Mexico have not yet been released.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, stated:
“As a nation of many culture-rich destinations with room to grow and strong economic figures to back it, Mexico will continue to yield significant investment opportunities well beyond AMResorts’ development plans.”
“This growth potential is key to our big picture.”
The upscale Zoetry Chamela Costalegre Mexico will be located in Chamela Bay, next to the high end Zafiro development, which will house Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy brands, the 52-villa Maison Cheval Blanc Hotel, 18 Cheval Blanc Branded Villas, 525 oceanfront residential units, and an 18-hole Robert von Hagge-designed golf course.
Guests staying at the luxury resort can enjoy access to facilities such as a wellness centre and spa with hydrotherapy centre, several a la carte and buffet restaurants and bars, outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre. There will be plenty of activities to enjoy including yoga, snorkelling, and wine tasting.
The Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa will also open next year in the gated Grand Coral community, and it will have 700 elegant suites. Facilities at the resort include a Nick Price-designed 18-hole golf course, and guests will be just steps from the sandy beach and sea that is home to the world’s second largest coral reef system, which is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
The Philadelphia-based AMResorts was founded in 2001 and the hotel group now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico in destinations such as Cancun, Jamaica, Curacao, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. The group’s brands include Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts & Spas, Breathless Hotels and Resorts, Now Resorts & Spas, Sunscape Resorts & Spas, and Dreams Resorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...