AMResorts to add ten resorts to collection in Mexico by 2020
AMResorts has announced that it is planning to open another 10 resorts across Mexico by 2020. The hotel group already operates 28 hotels and resorts in the country under six brands, and it is looking to launch new properties including the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa, which are both due to open in 2018.
AMResorts has revealed that it will be expanding its presence in Mexico with the opening of ten new resorts by 2020. The hotel groups, which is owned by the Apple Leisure Group currently operates 28 properties in the country under its six brands.
In 2018, AMResorts will open several new-build hotels in Mexico. These include the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico with 120 suites, and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa. Further details of the other resorts in Mexico have not yet been released.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, stated:
“As a nation of many culture-rich destinations with room to grow and strong economic figures to back it, Mexico will continue to yield significant investment opportunities well beyond AMResorts’ development plans.”
“This growth potential is key to our big picture.”
The upscale Zoetry Chamela Costalegre Mexico will be located in Chamela Bay, next to the high end Zafiro development, which will house Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy brands, the 52-villa Maison Cheval Blanc Hotel, 18 Cheval Blanc Branded Villas, 525 oceanfront residential units, and an 18-hole Robert von Hagge-designed golf course.
Guests staying at the luxury resort can enjoy access to facilities such as a wellness centre and spa with hydrotherapy centre, several a la carte and buffet restaurants and bars, outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre. There will be plenty of activities to enjoy including yoga, snorkelling, and wine tasting.
The Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa will also open next year in the gated Grand Coral community, and it will have 700 elegant suites. Facilities at the resort include a Nick Price-designed 18-hole golf course, and guests will be just steps from the sandy beach and sea that is home to the world’s second largest coral reef system, which is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
The Philadelphia-based AMResorts was founded in 2001 and the hotel group now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico in destinations such as Cancun, Jamaica, Curacao, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. The group’s brands include Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts & Spas, Breathless Hotels and Resorts, Now Resorts & Spas, Sunscape Resorts & Spas, and Dreams Resorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...