AMResorts to add ten resorts to collection in Mexico by 2020
AMResorts has announced that it is planning to open another 10 resorts across Mexico by 2020. The hotel group already operates 28 hotels and resorts in the country under six brands, and it is looking to launch new properties including the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa, which are both due to open in 2018.
AMResorts has revealed that it will be expanding its presence in Mexico with the opening of ten new resorts by 2020. The hotel groups, which is owned by the Apple Leisure Group currently operates 28 properties in the country under its six brands.
In 2018, AMResorts will open several new-build hotels in Mexico. These include the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico with 120 suites, and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa. Further details of the other resorts in Mexico have not yet been released.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, stated:
“As a nation of many culture-rich destinations with room to grow and strong economic figures to back it, Mexico will continue to yield significant investment opportunities well beyond AMResorts’ development plans.”
“This growth potential is key to our big picture.”
The upscale Zoetry Chamela Costalegre Mexico will be located in Chamela Bay, next to the high end Zafiro development, which will house Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy brands, the 52-villa Maison Cheval Blanc Hotel, 18 Cheval Blanc Branded Villas, 525 oceanfront residential units, and an 18-hole Robert von Hagge-designed golf course.
Guests staying at the luxury resort can enjoy access to facilities such as a wellness centre and spa with hydrotherapy centre, several a la carte and buffet restaurants and bars, outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre. There will be plenty of activities to enjoy including yoga, snorkelling, and wine tasting.
The Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa will also open next year in the gated Grand Coral community, and it will have 700 elegant suites. Facilities at the resort include a Nick Price-designed 18-hole golf course, and guests will be just steps from the sandy beach and sea that is home to the world’s second largest coral reef system, which is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
The Philadelphia-based AMResorts was founded in 2001 and the hotel group now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico in destinations such as Cancun, Jamaica, Curacao, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. The group’s brands include Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts & Spas, Breathless Hotels and Resorts, Now Resorts & Spas, Sunscape Resorts & Spas, and Dreams Resorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...