AMResorts to add ten resorts to collection in Mexico by 2020
AMResorts has announced that it is planning to open another 10 resorts across Mexico by 2020. The hotel group already operates 28 hotels and resorts in the country under six brands, and it is looking to launch new properties including the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa, which are both due to open in 2018.
AMResorts has revealed that it will be expanding its presence in Mexico with the opening of ten new resorts by 2020. The hotel groups, which is owned by the Apple Leisure Group currently operates 28 properties in the country under its six brands.
In 2018, AMResorts will open several new-build hotels in Mexico. These include the Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico with 120 suites, and the 700-suite Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa. Further details of the other resorts in Mexico have not yet been released.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, stated:
“As a nation of many culture-rich destinations with room to grow and strong economic figures to back it, Mexico will continue to yield significant investment opportunities well beyond AMResorts’ development plans.”
“This growth potential is key to our big picture.”
The upscale Zoetry Chamela Costalegre Mexico will be located in Chamela Bay, next to the high end Zafiro development, which will house Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy brands, the 52-villa Maison Cheval Blanc Hotel, 18 Cheval Blanc Branded Villas, 525 oceanfront residential units, and an 18-hole Robert von Hagge-designed golf course.
Guests staying at the luxury resort can enjoy access to facilities such as a wellness centre and spa with hydrotherapy centre, several a la carte and buffet restaurants and bars, outdoor swimming pools, a modern fitness centre. There will be plenty of activities to enjoy including yoga, snorkelling, and wine tasting.
The Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa will also open next year in the gated Grand Coral community, and it will have 700 elegant suites. Facilities at the resort include a Nick Price-designed 18-hole golf course, and guests will be just steps from the sandy beach and sea that is home to the world’s second largest coral reef system, which is perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
The Philadelphia-based AMResorts was founded in 2001 and the hotel group now operates several luxury resorts and spas across the Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Mexico in destinations such as Cancun, Jamaica, Curacao, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. The group’s brands include Zoetry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets Resorts & Spas, Breathless Hotels and Resorts, Now Resorts & Spas, Sunscape Resorts & Spas, and Dreams Resorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...