Centara Grand Island Resort and Spa Maldives receives two travel awards
The luxurious Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives has received two new awards that recognise its excellent service, and upscale accommodation and facilities. The first South Asian Travel Awards 2016 named the Indian Ocean property as the ‘Leading All Inclusive Resort’, and it received the ‘Guest Review Award 2016’ from the travel website, Booking.com.
The Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives has been awarded two accolades recently. The luxury resort was named as the Leading All Inclusive Resort in the South Asian Travel Awards 2016, and it received the "Guest Review Award 2016" from the travel website, Boooking.com.
The luxury property is one of the most luxurious resorts in the Maldives, and it boasts 112 lavish beachfront and oceanfront suites and villas.
Located in the South Ari Atoll, the property provides a tranquil retreat for families, couples and friends.
Voytek Klasicki, the General Manager of Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives and the Area General Manager of Maldives, Centara Hotels & Resorts, explained:
“It is another year of honour for Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives to be recognised as an impressive holiday destination. Receiving these awards from prominent travel institutions has given our team a very meaningful morale boost and determination to continue delivering unforgettable experiences to our guests.”
“With our best-in-class Ultimate All-Inclusive package, our guests can be ensured to have a carefree holiday on a stunning tropical island, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and underworld exploring, all included.”
During their stay at the resort, guests can enjoy the Ultimate All-Inclusive programme which includes accommodation, meals, beverages and entertainment. Tourists will have access to champagne breakfasts, sunset cocktails, an all-day open bar, daily mini-bar refills, daily credits to use in the lavish spa, plus a variety of tours and excursions such as sunset cruises, whale-shark spotting tours, and fishing trips.
Surrounded by crystal clear turquoise waters, the resort also boasts its own house reef, and is a popular destination for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, Guests can catch sightings of manta rays, sea turtles, eagle rays, manta rays, and schools of tropical fish. The fragile reefs, thriving sea gardens, and underwater caves sea walls are perfect for exploring undiscovered underwater flora and exotic species.
Centara Hotels & Resorts is a Thailand-based hotel chain, which operates a selection of resorts across Thailand and destinations all over the globe. The hotel group’s international collection include the Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives; Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, Centara Boutique Collection situated in the Himalaya Mountains; the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Spa Sokhna located on the north coast of the Red Sea; and the beachfront Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa Sri Lanka.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...