Eight new hotels planned for construction in Quintana Roo, Mexico in 2017
The Tourism Secretary of Quintana Roo, Marisol Vanegas Perez, revealed at the recent XV National Tourism Forum, that the construction of eight new hotels in the region is planned for the half of 2017. The hotels will bring more than 12,000 rooms to the Mexican region in destinations including Cancun, Riviera Maya, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Bacalar and Mahahual.
The construction of eight new hotels in the Quintana Roo state in Mexico is scheduled commence in the second half of 2017. According to the Tourism Secretary of Quintana Roo, Marisol Vanegas Perez, the hotels will bring more than 12,000 rooms to the region.
The new hotels will be located in various destinations across the Mexican state including Cancun, Riviera Maya, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Bacalar and Mahahual. Investors already own the land required for the development of the hotels, and they are currently working with national and foreign companies to plan the construction.
Cancun will receive another 2,400 guest rooms in the first stage of the development, followed by 6,000 more during the second stage. For hotels planned for the Riviera Maya, over 1,000 rooms will be added to the tropical island of Isla Mujeres this year.
Hotels in the southern regions of Quintana Roo and on the island of Holbox, will be smaller and will offer an exclusive experience for visitors. These smaller resorts will focus towards high-end consumer and travellers.
The Quintana Roo province is situated on Mexico’s north east coast of, and is home to the Yucatan Peninsula, the easternmost point of the country. It is the most popular province in Mexico for holidaymakers, thanks to its magnificent natural landscapes, Caribbean coastline, thriving nature reserves, white sandy beaches and ancient Mayan ruins.
The city of Cancun is a thriving holiday destination for international travellers. It is rich in culture and beautiful beaches, as well as shops, restaurants, bars, night clubs and luxury beachfront hotels. Holidaymakers can enjoy jungle excursions, fun water sports like scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, jet skiing, and the city’s Hotel Zone has a vibrant nightlife.
The Rivera Maya region boasts a variety of nature reserves and lush landscapes where tourists can go hiking or zip lining, while catching sightings of the local diverse wildlife species. The area is home to ancient Mayan ruins, pyramids, and 2,000-year-old temples. These include the historic ruins of Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. On one the best ways to understand the region’s culture and heritage, is by taking the annual Sacred Mayan Journey that marks the ritual pilgrimage carried out by ancient Mayans.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, and it has gained a world-class reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The beautiful Isla Mujeres sits eight miles off the coast of Cancun, and is home to the renowned MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte), which was created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, and is the world's 'largest underwater sculpture museum' with more than 500 life-size underwater figurines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...