Eight new hotels planned for construction in Quintana Roo, Mexico in 2017
The Tourism Secretary of Quintana Roo, Marisol Vanegas Perez, revealed at the recent XV National Tourism Forum, that the construction of eight new hotels in the region is planned for the half of 2017. The hotels will bring more than 12,000 rooms to the Mexican region in destinations including Cancun, Riviera Maya, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Bacalar and Mahahual.
The construction of eight new hotels in the Quintana Roo state in Mexico is scheduled commence in the second half of 2017. According to the Tourism Secretary of Quintana Roo, Marisol Vanegas Perez, the hotels will bring more than 12,000 rooms to the region.
The new hotels will be located in various destinations across the Mexican state including Cancun, Riviera Maya, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Bacalar and Mahahual. Investors already own the land required for the development of the hotels, and they are currently working with national and foreign companies to plan the construction.
Cancun will receive another 2,400 guest rooms in the first stage of the development, followed by 6,000 more during the second stage. For hotels planned for the Riviera Maya, over 1,000 rooms will be added to the tropical island of Isla Mujeres this year.
Hotels in the southern regions of Quintana Roo and on the island of Holbox, will be smaller and will offer an exclusive experience for visitors. These smaller resorts will focus towards high-end consumer and travellers.
The Quintana Roo province is situated on Mexico’s north east coast of, and is home to the Yucatan Peninsula, the easternmost point of the country. It is the most popular province in Mexico for holidaymakers, thanks to its magnificent natural landscapes, Caribbean coastline, thriving nature reserves, white sandy beaches and ancient Mayan ruins.
The city of Cancun is a thriving holiday destination for international travellers. It is rich in culture and beautiful beaches, as well as shops, restaurants, bars, night clubs and luxury beachfront hotels. Holidaymakers can enjoy jungle excursions, fun water sports like scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, jet skiing, and the city’s Hotel Zone has a vibrant nightlife.
The Rivera Maya region boasts a variety of nature reserves and lush landscapes where tourists can go hiking or zip lining, while catching sightings of the local diverse wildlife species. The area is home to ancient Mayan ruins, pyramids, and 2,000-year-old temples. These include the historic ruins of Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. On one the best ways to understand the region’s culture and heritage, is by taking the annual Sacred Mayan Journey that marks the ritual pilgrimage carried out by ancient Mayans.
The 26-mile island of Holbox is located off the coast of Cancun in Mexico, and it has gained a world-class reputation as the perfect foodie destination. The beautiful Isla Mujeres sits eight miles off the coast of Cancun, and is home to the renowned MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte), which was created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, and is the world's 'largest underwater sculpture museum' with more than 500 life-size underwater figurines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...