Baglioni Resort Maldives first beach resort from Baglioni Hotels will open in 2017
Baglioni Hotels has announced that it will open its very first beach resort on the island of Maagau in Dhaalu atoll in the Maldives. The hotel group, which is famous for its luxury hotels in Italy’s top cities, will launch the Baglioni Resort Maldives in October, 2017, and it will have 96 upscale villas and facilities including a beach gym, a yoga pavilion, and a beachside pool bar.
Baglioni Hotels will make its debut in the Maldives after it announced that it will be opening its very first beach resort. The Baglioni Resort Maldives is scheduled to open in October this year and will have 96 lavish villas.
Located on the island of Maagau in the Dhaalu atoll in the Maldives, the new hotel is described as “Paradise with Italian grace” on the company’s website. With a focus on Italian design and gourmet cuisine, the property will provide a chic retreat for holidaymakers.
The 96 villas will overlook the lush tropical gardens or the sparkling turquoise Indian Ocean and they will have floor-to-ceiling windows, private decking areas, and outdoor bathrooms with standalone bath tubs. The airy villas will feature crisp, clean décor, contemporary wooden furnishings, and modern amenities.
The four restaurants will serve a range of international options including Japanese and traditional Italian cuisine. There will be overwater dining outlets, and venues with indoor and outdoor seating so guests can enjoy sea views with their meals.
For relaxation, the Garden Spa will offer a variety of rejuvenating and soothing therapies, as well as a yoga pavilion where guests can enjoy private or group sessions with beach views. There’s a beach gym, and holidaymakers can play beach volleyball, or take part in water activities such as pedalo rides, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, topcat sailing, scuba diving and boat excursions.
Baglioni Resort Maldives is just a 40-minute seaplane ride away from Male, the capital of the Maldives. Tourists can wander around the bustling markets and souvenir shops along Orchid Magu, or shop at boutiques and beauty shops in Majeedhee Magu. Popular attractions aside from the white sand beaches, include Mulee-aage Palace, the National Museum in Sultan Park, and the Huskuru Miskiiy, a 17th-century mosque that was constructed out of coral stone.
According to Baglioni Hotels’ website:
“Each Baglioni Hotel has its own unique Italian spirit, because it lives in harmony with its urban environment and becomes a point of reference. It represents a place of intriguing, entertaining and vibrant life, of which it becomes an important part. A place where art, culture and fashion combine.”
Baglioni Hotels is an Italian hotel group that was established in 1974 by Robert Polito. The company has nine upscale hotels including five in Italy, two in France, one in London in the UK, and its newest resort in the Maldives.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...