Baglioni Resort Maldives first beach resort from Baglioni Hotels will open in 2017
Baglioni Hotels has announced that it will open its very first beach resort on the island of Maagau in Dhaalu atoll in the Maldives. The hotel group, which is famous for its luxury hotels in Italy’s top cities, will launch the Baglioni Resort Maldives in October, 2017, and it will have 96 upscale villas and facilities including a beach gym, a yoga pavilion, and a beachside pool bar.
Baglioni Hotels will make its debut in the Maldives after it announced that it will be opening its very first beach resort. The Baglioni Resort Maldives is scheduled to open in October this year and will have 96 lavish villas.
Located on the island of Maagau in the Dhaalu atoll in the Maldives, the new hotel is described as “Paradise with Italian grace” on the company’s website. With a focus on Italian design and gourmet cuisine, the property will provide a chic retreat for holidaymakers.
The 96 villas will overlook the lush tropical gardens or the sparkling turquoise Indian Ocean and they will have floor-to-ceiling windows, private decking areas, and outdoor bathrooms with standalone bath tubs. The airy villas will feature crisp, clean décor, contemporary wooden furnishings, and modern amenities.
The four restaurants will serve a range of international options including Japanese and traditional Italian cuisine. There will be overwater dining outlets, and venues with indoor and outdoor seating so guests can enjoy sea views with their meals.
For relaxation, the Garden Spa will offer a variety of rejuvenating and soothing therapies, as well as a yoga pavilion where guests can enjoy private or group sessions with beach views. There’s a beach gym, and holidaymakers can play beach volleyball, or take part in water activities such as pedalo rides, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, topcat sailing, scuba diving and boat excursions.
Baglioni Resort Maldives is just a 40-minute seaplane ride away from Male, the capital of the Maldives. Tourists can wander around the bustling markets and souvenir shops along Orchid Magu, or shop at boutiques and beauty shops in Majeedhee Magu. Popular attractions aside from the white sand beaches, include Mulee-aage Palace, the National Museum in Sultan Park, and the Huskuru Miskiiy, a 17th-century mosque that was constructed out of coral stone.
According to Baglioni Hotels’ website:
“Each Baglioni Hotel has its own unique Italian spirit, because it lives in harmony with its urban environment and becomes a point of reference. It represents a place of intriguing, entertaining and vibrant life, of which it becomes an important part. A place where art, culture and fashion combine.”
Baglioni Hotels is an Italian hotel group that was established in 1974 by Robert Polito. The company has nine upscale hotels including five in Italy, two in France, one in London in the UK, and its newest resort in the Maldives.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....