Dive St Lucia awarded Platinum LEED certification for its energy efficient practices
Dive St Lucia has become the world’s most energy-efficient scuba diving facility, after it was awarded a Platinum LEED certification by the United States Green Building Council. The accolade was celebrated with a poolside ceremony which was attended by was the country’s education minister Dr. Gale Rigobert, who is also responsible for sustainable development.
Dive St Lucia was honoured with a prestigious award earlier this month, when it became the world’s most energy efficient scuba diving facility. The centre received the Platinum LEED certification by the United States Green Building Council in recognition of its green practices and amenities.
The centre held a poolside ceremony to celebrate its achievement which added it to a select list of less than 1,300 platinum LEED-certified projects in the world. The ceremony was attended by the education minister in St Lucia, Dr. Gale Rigobert, who is also responsible for sustainable development.
Co-director of Dive St Lucia, Marcel Buechler first announced his ambitions to pursue the sustainability accreditation 36 months ago. The evaluation process of LEED projects is made up of six criteria: site sustainability, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, and innovation in design. The platinum distinction is the highest possible rating awarded by the United States Green Building Council.
Dive St Lucia is a PADI-certified five-star Instructor Development Centre in Rodney Bay, which offers a wide range of PADI courses, from beginner to instructor, in its purpose-built pool. Experienced professional divers take locals and visitors to some of the island’s most beautiful underwater sites where they can discover coral reefs and sunken ships. The company also offers scuba diving packages and snorkelling tours on its two boats that have aluminium ladders and handrails for easy access into the water.
St Lucia boasts white sand beaches that are fringed with turquoise, crystal-clear waters. Beneath the surface of the ocean, there is a plethora of marine delights, from colourful fish to diverse scuba diving sites. The Soufriere Marine Management Agency helps to protect the island’s fragile reefs and marine species from damage caused by climate change, tourism and fishing.
Some of Caribbean island’s most popular diving sites include Le Sport on the north coast where divers can catch sightings of Scorpion Fish and the Flying Gurnard, turtles and rays; Smugglers Cove, which is great for beginners; and Dinosaur Reef which resembles a sleeping dinosaur and is home to moray eels and parrot fish. The Soufriere Marine Reserve near Anse La Raye is also a hotspot for snorkelling and diving adventures, and is home to the Daini Koyomaru Wreck, a Japanese dredger which was sunk in 1996 to create an artificial reef, and Rosemund’s Trench, which has deep valleys, trenches and tunnels and boasts colourful coral, seahorses, and turtles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...