Palladium Hotels and Resorts invests $21 million to upgrade resorts the Caribbean
Palladium Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will invest US$21 million into the upgrade and refurbishment of its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium hotels in Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. The investment will include increased staff numbers, improved dining experiences, and upgraded technology in the luxury resorts.
Palladium Hotels and Resorts will be upgrading its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium properties in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, as part of a new US$21 million investment project. The hotel currently operates two hotels in Jamaica, seven properties in Mexico, and five resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Staffing numbers at the company will be increased by13 per cent, bringing a total of 8,243 staff members across all of its properties in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Director of Innovation and Product Development, Bernard Wyss, is currently overseeing new services at each property.
The investment will include $5 million towards upgraded food and beverage venues and dining programmes. This will include upgraded steak quality, food presentation, and premium liquors in all of the bars, as well as improved in-room minibar refreshments.
There will also be improved technology at all of the resorts, including a new, upgraded version of the Palladium Hotels and Resorts app. The app allows guests to contact the concierge directly and increase the bandwidth of their wireless internet. An improved surround-sound system will also be installed in the swimming pools. In addition to that, there will be extra trollies available to transport guests around the resorts, and new pool bikes will be installed for exercise.
Part of the investment will include the conversion of the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico into an extension of the nearby Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. This will expand the resort’s adult-only offerings, and work will commence in June, 2017.
Once integrated and renovated, the resort will have a total of 454 guest rooms, including 108 rooms with swim-up pools. There will be a new adults-only Beach Club, a new infinity swimming pool, and four a la carte restaurants serving delicious premium international cuisine.
At the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic, a number of upgrades will be completed by November, 2017. The lobby and some of the guestrooms will be refurbished, and the adults-only area at The Royal suites Turquesa will have a new exclusive beach club.
At the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort in the Dominican Republic, there will be the addition of the new Brazilian steakhouse, which will replace the current Hemingway Bar, and the installation of new teppanyaki tables at Sumptuori Restaurant. There will also be a new dining experience dedicated to the ‘nikkei’ concept, which combines Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...