Palladium Hotels and Resorts invests $21 million to upgrade resorts the Caribbean
Palladium Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will invest US$21 million into the upgrade and refurbishment of its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium hotels in Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. The investment will include increased staff numbers, improved dining experiences, and upgraded technology in the luxury resorts.
Palladium Hotels and Resorts will be upgrading its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium properties in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, as part of a new US$21 million investment project. The hotel currently operates two hotels in Jamaica, seven properties in Mexico, and five resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Staffing numbers at the company will be increased by13 per cent, bringing a total of 8,243 staff members across all of its properties in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Director of Innovation and Product Development, Bernard Wyss, is currently overseeing new services at each property.
The investment will include $5 million towards upgraded food and beverage venues and dining programmes. This will include upgraded steak quality, food presentation, and premium liquors in all of the bars, as well as improved in-room minibar refreshments.
There will also be improved technology at all of the resorts, including a new, upgraded version of the Palladium Hotels and Resorts app. The app allows guests to contact the concierge directly and increase the bandwidth of their wireless internet. An improved surround-sound system will also be installed in the swimming pools. In addition to that, there will be extra trollies available to transport guests around the resorts, and new pool bikes will be installed for exercise.
Part of the investment will include the conversion of the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico into an extension of the nearby Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. This will expand the resort’s adult-only offerings, and work will commence in June, 2017.
Once integrated and renovated, the resort will have a total of 454 guest rooms, including 108 rooms with swim-up pools. There will be a new adults-only Beach Club, a new infinity swimming pool, and four a la carte restaurants serving delicious premium international cuisine.
At the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic, a number of upgrades will be completed by November, 2017. The lobby and some of the guestrooms will be refurbished, and the adults-only area at The Royal suites Turquesa will have a new exclusive beach club.
At the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort in the Dominican Republic, there will be the addition of the new Brazilian steakhouse, which will replace the current Hemingway Bar, and the installation of new teppanyaki tables at Sumptuori Restaurant. There will also be a new dining experience dedicated to the ‘nikkei’ concept, which combines Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...