Palladium Hotels and Resorts invests $21 million to upgrade resorts the Caribbean
Palladium Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will invest US$21 million into the upgrade and refurbishment of its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium hotels in Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. The investment will include increased staff numbers, improved dining experiences, and upgraded technology in the luxury resorts.
Palladium Hotels and Resorts will be upgrading its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium properties in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, as part of a new US$21 million investment project. The hotel currently operates two hotels in Jamaica, seven properties in Mexico, and five resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Staffing numbers at the company will be increased by13 per cent, bringing a total of 8,243 staff members across all of its properties in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Director of Innovation and Product Development, Bernard Wyss, is currently overseeing new services at each property.
The investment will include $5 million towards upgraded food and beverage venues and dining programmes. This will include upgraded steak quality, food presentation, and premium liquors in all of the bars, as well as improved in-room minibar refreshments.
There will also be improved technology at all of the resorts, including a new, upgraded version of the Palladium Hotels and Resorts app. The app allows guests to contact the concierge directly and increase the bandwidth of their wireless internet. An improved surround-sound system will also be installed in the swimming pools. In addition to that, there will be extra trollies available to transport guests around the resorts, and new pool bikes will be installed for exercise.
Part of the investment will include the conversion of the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico into an extension of the nearby Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. This will expand the resort’s adult-only offerings, and work will commence in June, 2017.
Once integrated and renovated, the resort will have a total of 454 guest rooms, including 108 rooms with swim-up pools. There will be a new adults-only Beach Club, a new infinity swimming pool, and four a la carte restaurants serving delicious premium international cuisine.
At the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic, a number of upgrades will be completed by November, 2017. The lobby and some of the guestrooms will be refurbished, and the adults-only area at The Royal suites Turquesa will have a new exclusive beach club.
At the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort in the Dominican Republic, there will be the addition of the new Brazilian steakhouse, which will replace the current Hemingway Bar, and the installation of new teppanyaki tables at Sumptuori Restaurant. There will also be a new dining experience dedicated to the ‘nikkei’ concept, which combines Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...