Palladium Hotels and Resorts invests $21 million to upgrade resorts the Caribbean
Palladium Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will invest US$21 million into the upgrade and refurbishment of its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium hotels in Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. The investment will include increased staff numbers, improved dining experiences, and upgraded technology in the luxury resorts.
Palladium Hotels and Resorts will be upgrading its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium properties in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, as part of a new US$21 million investment project. The hotel currently operates two hotels in Jamaica, seven properties in Mexico, and five resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Staffing numbers at the company will be increased by13 per cent, bringing a total of 8,243 staff members across all of its properties in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Director of Innovation and Product Development, Bernard Wyss, is currently overseeing new services at each property.
The investment will include $5 million towards upgraded food and beverage venues and dining programmes. This will include upgraded steak quality, food presentation, and premium liquors in all of the bars, as well as improved in-room minibar refreshments.
There will also be improved technology at all of the resorts, including a new, upgraded version of the Palladium Hotels and Resorts app. The app allows guests to contact the concierge directly and increase the bandwidth of their wireless internet. An improved surround-sound system will also be installed in the swimming pools. In addition to that, there will be extra trollies available to transport guests around the resorts, and new pool bikes will be installed for exercise.
Part of the investment will include the conversion of the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico into an extension of the nearby Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. This will expand the resort’s adult-only offerings, and work will commence in June, 2017.
Once integrated and renovated, the resort will have a total of 454 guest rooms, including 108 rooms with swim-up pools. There will be a new adults-only Beach Club, a new infinity swimming pool, and four a la carte restaurants serving delicious premium international cuisine.
At the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic, a number of upgrades will be completed by November, 2017. The lobby and some of the guestrooms will be refurbished, and the adults-only area at The Royal suites Turquesa will have a new exclusive beach club.
At the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort in the Dominican Republic, there will be the addition of the new Brazilian steakhouse, which will replace the current Hemingway Bar, and the installation of new teppanyaki tables at Sumptuori Restaurant. There will also be a new dining experience dedicated to the ‘nikkei’ concept, which combines Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...