Palladium Hotels and Resorts invests $21 million to upgrade resorts the Caribbean
Palladium Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will invest US$21 million into the upgrade and refurbishment of its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium hotels in Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. The investment will include increased staff numbers, improved dining experiences, and upgraded technology in the luxury resorts.
Palladium Hotels and Resorts will be upgrading its Grand Palladium and The Royal Suites by Palladium properties in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, as part of a new US$21 million investment project. The hotel currently operates two hotels in Jamaica, seven properties in Mexico, and five resorts in the Dominican Republic.
Staffing numbers at the company will be increased by13 per cent, bringing a total of 8,243 staff members across all of its properties in the Caribbean and Mexico. The Director of Innovation and Product Development, Bernard Wyss, is currently overseeing new services at each property.
The investment will include $5 million towards upgraded food and beverage venues and dining programmes. This will include upgraded steak quality, food presentation, and premium liquors in all of the bars, as well as improved in-room minibar refreshments.
There will also be improved technology at all of the resorts, including a new, upgraded version of the Palladium Hotels and Resorts app. The app allows guests to contact the concierge directly and increase the bandwidth of their wireless internet. An improved surround-sound system will also be installed in the swimming pools. In addition to that, there will be extra trollies available to transport guests around the resorts, and new pool bikes will be installed for exercise.
Part of the investment will include the conversion of the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico into an extension of the nearby Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium. This will expand the resort’s adult-only offerings, and work will commence in June, 2017.
Once integrated and renovated, the resort will have a total of 454 guest rooms, including 108 rooms with swim-up pools. There will be a new adults-only Beach Club, a new infinity swimming pool, and four a la carte restaurants serving delicious premium international cuisine.
At the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic, a number of upgrades will be completed by November, 2017. The lobby and some of the guestrooms will be refurbished, and the adults-only area at The Royal suites Turquesa will have a new exclusive beach club.
At the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort in the Dominican Republic, there will be the addition of the new Brazilian steakhouse, which will replace the current Hemingway Bar, and the installation of new teppanyaki tables at Sumptuori Restaurant. There will also be a new dining experience dedicated to the ‘nikkei’ concept, which combines Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...