Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts launch 2017 Photo Competition in Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts has launched The Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photo Contest 2017: Sri Lanka through your eyes. The competition invites amateur and professional photographers and videographers to capture images and footage of landscapes across the beautiful Indian Ocean island, and submit them in seven categories which include Nature, Culture & People, Landscapes and Cityscapes, and Activities and Adventure.
Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts has launched a photography competition through the largest crowd-sourcing campaign to date in Sri Lanka. The hotel group has opened up the Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photo Contest 2017: Sri Lanka through your eyes to amateur and professional photographers and videographers.
The contest has been launched as part of a campaign that uses crowd-sourcing to create an extensive image bank for Sri Lanka, which also will raise the profile of the Indian Ocean island. Participants can enter their photos and footage in seven different categories that include Nature, Culture & People, Landscapes & Cityscapes, Interiors, Activities & Adventure, Deeper Perspective/Photo-Essay and Travel Shorts.
The competition is expected to collect more than 30,000 original and creative images and video clips that will highlight different aspects of the natural beauty, culture, historic attractions, architecture and the warm people of Sri Lanka. Entrants will battle it out to win the title of “Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photographer of the Year”. Applications are open are for photographs and video clips that have been taken in Sri Lanka between 1st January, 2014 and 15th May, 2017. The deadline for all submissions is May 15, 2017.
“Through the successful implementation of the contest, we hope to further support national tourism efforts and portray Sri Lanka as a diverse and compact holiday hotspot that has the potential to cater to the interests of any traveller.”
Stated Dileep Mudadeniya, the Head of Brand Marketing - Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts.
As well as the coveted title, the winner will receive a cash prize of US$5,000, a six-page spread in the Cinnamon Magazine, international media exposure, and an all-expenses paid 21-day tour of Sri Lanka. The top videographer will receive a US$2,500 prize, as well as an all-expenses paid10-day tour of the island. Winners of each individual category will receive US$500.
The submissions will be looked over by a talented line-up of renowned judges including, Dinesh Khanna, Karl Taylor, Ami Vitale, Paul Goldstein, Chitral Jayatilake, and Gehan De Silva Wijeyeratne. The competition in in partnership with Mobitel, the national mobile service provide in Sri Lanka, as well as Sri Lanka Tourism, SriLankan Airlines, the Department of Wildlife Conservation, Emerging Media, eMarketingeye, the National Tour Guides’ Association, Walkers Tours, and Cinnamon Air.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...