Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts launch 2017 Photo Competition in Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts has launched The Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photo Contest 2017: Sri Lanka through your eyes. The competition invites amateur and professional photographers and videographers to capture images and footage of landscapes across the beautiful Indian Ocean island, and submit them in seven categories which include Nature, Culture & People, Landscapes and Cityscapes, and Activities and Adventure.
Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts has launched a photography competition through the largest crowd-sourcing campaign to date in Sri Lanka. The hotel group has opened up the Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photo Contest 2017: Sri Lanka through your eyes to amateur and professional photographers and videographers.
The contest has been launched as part of a campaign that uses crowd-sourcing to create an extensive image bank for Sri Lanka, which also will raise the profile of the Indian Ocean island. Participants can enter their photos and footage in seven different categories that include Nature, Culture & People, Landscapes & Cityscapes, Interiors, Activities & Adventure, Deeper Perspective/Photo-Essay and Travel Shorts.
The competition is expected to collect more than 30,000 original and creative images and video clips that will highlight different aspects of the natural beauty, culture, historic attractions, architecture and the warm people of Sri Lanka. Entrants will battle it out to win the title of “Cinnamon Sri Lanka Photographer of the Year”. Applications are open are for photographs and video clips that have been taken in Sri Lanka between 1st January, 2014 and 15th May, 2017. The deadline for all submissions is May 15, 2017.
“Through the successful implementation of the contest, we hope to further support national tourism efforts and portray Sri Lanka as a diverse and compact holiday hotspot that has the potential to cater to the interests of any traveller.”
Stated Dileep Mudadeniya, the Head of Brand Marketing - Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts.
As well as the coveted title, the winner will receive a cash prize of US$5,000, a six-page spread in the Cinnamon Magazine, international media exposure, and an all-expenses paid 21-day tour of Sri Lanka. The top videographer will receive a US$2,500 prize, as well as an all-expenses paid10-day tour of the island. Winners of each individual category will receive US$500.
The submissions will be looked over by a talented line-up of renowned judges including, Dinesh Khanna, Karl Taylor, Ami Vitale, Paul Goldstein, Chitral Jayatilake, and Gehan De Silva Wijeyeratne. The competition in in partnership with Mobitel, the national mobile service provide in Sri Lanka, as well as Sri Lanka Tourism, SriLankan Airlines, the Department of Wildlife Conservation, Emerging Media, eMarketingeye, the National Tour Guides’ Association, Walkers Tours, and Cinnamon Air.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...