Grand Park Kodhipparu from Park Hotel Group to open in Maldives in 2017
The Singapore-based Park Hotel Group has formed a partnership with the construction and property company, Chip Eng Seng Corporation Ltd, to bring a new luxury resort to the Maldives. The Kodhipparu Island Resort in the North Male Atoll was purchased for US$65 million, and is due to open to guests in the second quarter of 2017 with 120 luxury villas.
Two Singapore companies have teamed up to acquire a private island resort in the North Male Atoll in the Maldives. The construction and property group Chip Eng Seng Corporation Ltd and the Park Hotel Group have partnered to purchase the Kodhipparu Island Resort for US$65 million.
The luxury resort in the Maldives is scheduled to open to guests in the second quarter of 2017. Located just 15 minutes by speedboat from Male International Airport, the resort will have 120 beachfront, overwater, and overwater pool villas, as well as upscale facilities. The property will be developed by the hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates, and it will be managed by the Park Hotel Group under the name of Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives.
Nihat Ercan, the Executive Vice President of JLL Hotels & Hospitality Group, Asia, the exclusive advisor who acted on behalf of the resort owner, Kodhipparu Investment Private Limited, explained:
“As an investment destination, the Maldives provides a transparent policy-making environment and generous incentives for foreigners, including full ownership rights, legally-backed investment guarantees and the ability to fully repatriate profits. This paired with its positive economic outlook is attracting Asian investors seeking to enter the international market.”
“As a result, we’re starting to notice a rising trend of Southeast Asian, and in particular Singaporean property developers, who are drawn to the market because it offers high yields underpinned by healthy trading fundamentals.”
Facilities at the luxury private island resort will cater for all ages and include an infinity swimming pool, a modern fitness centre, a children’s activity centre, a wellness centre and spa, a harbour beach club and pool bar, and a sunrise yoga deck for private or group classes. The property will also serve local and international cuisine at its two gourmet restaurants, and guest can choose from indoor and outdoor settings with views of the turquoise ocean.
The Singapore-based Park Hotel Group owns and operates more than 15 upscale hotels and resorts in eight countries including Singapore, China, Indonesia and Japan. The company has been named as the “Best Regional Hotel Chain” in the TTG Travel Awards over the last consecutive five years. This year, the hotel group plans to open the Park Hotel Farrer Park in Singapore and Park Hotel Yeongdeungpo in Seoul, and it will be making its debut in new destinations including Australia, Malaysia and South Korea in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...