Beaches in Cuba, Turks and Caicos and Aruba named in TripAdvisor's list of Top 10 Beaches in World
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
The 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards have revealed their annual list of the Top 10 Beaches in the World. Three beaches in the Caribbean made the top five, while the top spot was secured by Baia do Sancho in Brazil.
Last year’s winner took second place this year; Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos is eight kilometres long and boast white sand and turquoise water lapping its shores. The sandy stretch is home a collection of luxury but affordable hotels and resorts, providing the perfect location for a sunshine escape. The beach is also home to the third-largest barrier reef in the world, making it a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures.
In third place was Eagle Beach in Aruba in the Caribbean. The public beach has powder-soft white sand and is very wide, making it a hotspot for holidaymakers who want to relax, play games, or take a dip in the turquoise sea. There’s plenty of parking, a picnic area, beach huts, and a variety of motorised sports available. There are also a collection of low-rise hotels and resorts that are located across the road from the beach.
Dotted across the beach are red and white markers that protect the turtle nests. Four species of sea turtles come to the beach to lay their eggs every year – Loggerhead, Green, Hawksbill, and Leatherback. Each of the nests contains around 80 eggs, and if they’re lucky, holidaymakers can catching the new hatchlings take their first journey to the ocean when they emerge from the nests.
Playa Paraiso on Cayo Largo, Cuba was ranked in fourth place, down one spot from last year’s awards. Known as Paradise Beach in English, the sandy stretch was favoured by travellers for its soft sand, azure sea, and its swimming pool with clear water.
Cayo Largo is a beautiful island located south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth). The tranquil isle provides a relaxing all-year-round retreat away from the crowds often found in more developed coastal destinations. The virgin island is 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many unspoilt postcard-perfect beaches, as well as a diverse collection of wildlife such as pelicans, flamingos, turtles, and iguanas.
The ten beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on the TripAdvisor website over the past 12 months. These reviews then form the annual Travellers' Choice Awards, which also recognises the best attractions, hotels, restaurants and destinations across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a tour
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...