Beaches in Cuba, Turks and Caicos and Aruba named in TripAdvisor's list of Top 10 Beaches in World
Three beautiful sandy stretches in the Caribbean have been named in TripAdvisor’s annual list of the world’s best beaches as part of the 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards. Playa Paraiso in Cuba, Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and Eagle Beach in Aruba were all listed among the top five beaches, with Brazil’s remote Baia do Sancho beach scooping the top spot.
The 2017 Travellers' Choice Awards have revealed their annual list of the Top 10 Beaches in the World. Three beaches in the Caribbean made the top five, while the top spot was secured by Baia do Sancho in Brazil.
Last year’s winner took second place this year; Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos is eight kilometres long and boast white sand and turquoise water lapping its shores. The sandy stretch is home a collection of luxury but affordable hotels and resorts, providing the perfect location for a sunshine escape. The beach is also home to the third-largest barrier reef in the world, making it a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures.
In third place was Eagle Beach in Aruba in the Caribbean. The public beach has powder-soft white sand and is very wide, making it a hotspot for holidaymakers who want to relax, play games, or take a dip in the turquoise sea. There’s plenty of parking, a picnic area, beach huts, and a variety of motorised sports available. There are also a collection of low-rise hotels and resorts that are located across the road from the beach.
Dotted across the beach are red and white markers that protect the turtle nests. Four species of sea turtles come to the beach to lay their eggs every year – Loggerhead, Green, Hawksbill, and Leatherback. Each of the nests contains around 80 eggs, and if they’re lucky, holidaymakers can catching the new hatchlings take their first journey to the ocean when they emerge from the nests.
Playa Paraiso on Cayo Largo, Cuba was ranked in fourth place, down one spot from last year’s awards. Known as Paradise Beach in English, the sandy stretch was favoured by travellers for its soft sand, azure sea, and its swimming pool with clear water.
Cayo Largo is a beautiful island located south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth). The tranquil isle provides a relaxing all-year-round retreat away from the crowds often found in more developed coastal destinations. The virgin island is 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many unspoilt postcard-perfect beaches, as well as a diverse collection of wildlife such as pelicans, flamingos, turtles, and iguanas.
The ten beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on the TripAdvisor website over the past 12 months. These reviews then form the annual Travellers' Choice Awards, which also recognises the best attractions, hotels, restaurants and destinations across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...