Hyatt Ziva Cancun becomes first Hyatt hotel in Mexico to receive Green Globe Certification
Hyatt Ziva Cancun has become the first Hyatt property in Mexico to be awarded Green Globe certification. The luxury hotel in Cancun was recognised for its sustainable operations and management, after it formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target Green Globe certification’s four key themes: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment.
The honour comes after the hotel formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target the four main themes of Green Globe certification: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment. Each of the teams attended weekly meeting to launch new sustainability initiatives, and the General Manager met with each team every two months to check progress, achievements and new opportunities.
Alexandre de Brouwer, the Director General of Hyatt Ziva Cancun, stated:
“We are very proud to have been awarded with the Green Globe certification. As part of the tourism industry and as human beings we have been blessed by Mother Nature and should preserve it for future generations.”
“This award is the result of consistent team work and marks our commitment to continuing to manage and operate our business with the environment, our local community and its culture and traditions in mind.”
A new Sustainability Development Department was also introduced to Hyatt Ziva Cancun, which focused on reducing the hotel’s impact on the environment. A Sustainability Management System was launched to promote the local area’s natural, archaeological and cultural heritage, and the local people and community.
Local organisations also receive support from the hotel, as well as donations and the time of its staff members. Voluntary projects include the Epiphany Caravan which collects toys for children in isolated and impoverished communities, plus fundraising for "Ciudad de la Alegria", a local organisation that helps orphans, women and the elderly. The hotel also focuses on protecting the environment, and practices that have been introduced include waste segregation for recycling, food waste composting, water saving in guest rooms, and the use of biodegradable corn-starch containers.
Hyatt Ziva Cancun is located on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea. Situated just 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport, the luxury hotel has 547 suites, including upscale swim-up suites.
The resort’s facilities include nine restaurants that serve international cuisine, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour oceanfront fitness centre, a tranquil spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...