Hyatt Ziva Cancun becomes first Hyatt hotel in Mexico to receive Green Globe Certification
Hyatt Ziva Cancun has become the first Hyatt property in Mexico to be awarded Green Globe certification. The luxury hotel in Cancun was recognised for its sustainable operations and management, after it formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target Green Globe certification’s four key themes: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment.
The honour comes after the hotel formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target the four main themes of Green Globe certification: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment. Each of the teams attended weekly meeting to launch new sustainability initiatives, and the General Manager met with each team every two months to check progress, achievements and new opportunities.
Alexandre de Brouwer, the Director General of Hyatt Ziva Cancun, stated:
“We are very proud to have been awarded with the Green Globe certification. As part of the tourism industry and as human beings we have been blessed by Mother Nature and should preserve it for future generations.”
“This award is the result of consistent team work and marks our commitment to continuing to manage and operate our business with the environment, our local community and its culture and traditions in mind.”
A new Sustainability Development Department was also introduced to Hyatt Ziva Cancun, which focused on reducing the hotel’s impact on the environment. A Sustainability Management System was launched to promote the local area’s natural, archaeological and cultural heritage, and the local people and community.
Local organisations also receive support from the hotel, as well as donations and the time of its staff members. Voluntary projects include the Epiphany Caravan which collects toys for children in isolated and impoverished communities, plus fundraising for "Ciudad de la Alegria", a local organisation that helps orphans, women and the elderly. The hotel also focuses on protecting the environment, and practices that have been introduced include waste segregation for recycling, food waste composting, water saving in guest rooms, and the use of biodegradable corn-starch containers.
Hyatt Ziva Cancun is located on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea. Situated just 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport, the luxury hotel has 547 suites, including upscale swim-up suites.
The resort’s facilities include nine restaurants that serve international cuisine, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour oceanfront fitness centre, a tranquil spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...