Hyatt Ziva Cancun becomes first Hyatt hotel in Mexico to receive Green Globe Certification
Hyatt Ziva Cancun has become the first Hyatt property in Mexico to be awarded Green Globe certification. The luxury hotel in Cancun was recognised for its sustainable operations and management, after it formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target Green Globe certification’s four key themes: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment.
The honour comes after the hotel formed 11 Sustainability Teams to target the four main themes of Green Globe certification: Sustainable Management; Cultural Heritage; Social Economic and Environment. Each of the teams attended weekly meeting to launch new sustainability initiatives, and the General Manager met with each team every two months to check progress, achievements and new opportunities.
Alexandre de Brouwer, the Director General of Hyatt Ziva Cancun, stated:
“We are very proud to have been awarded with the Green Globe certification. As part of the tourism industry and as human beings we have been blessed by Mother Nature and should preserve it for future generations.”
“This award is the result of consistent team work and marks our commitment to continuing to manage and operate our business with the environment, our local community and its culture and traditions in mind.”
A new Sustainability Development Department was also introduced to Hyatt Ziva Cancun, which focused on reducing the hotel’s impact on the environment. A Sustainability Management System was launched to promote the local area’s natural, archaeological and cultural heritage, and the local people and community.
Local organisations also receive support from the hotel, as well as donations and the time of its staff members. Voluntary projects include the Epiphany Caravan which collects toys for children in isolated and impoverished communities, plus fundraising for "Ciudad de la Alegria", a local organisation that helps orphans, women and the elderly. The hotel also focuses on protecting the environment, and practices that have been introduced include waste segregation for recycling, food waste composting, water saving in guest rooms, and the use of biodegradable corn-starch containers.
Hyatt Ziva Cancun is located on the edge of a peninsula in Cancun, next to the city's entertainment district and surrounded on three sides by the Caribbean Sea. Situated just 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport, the luxury hotel has 547 suites, including upscale swim-up suites.
The resort’s facilities include nine restaurants that serve international cuisine, six stylish and casual bars and lounges, an onsite microbrewery, a 24-hour oceanfront fitness centre, a tranquil spa with 13 treatment rooms and an ocean-facing hydrotherapy area, a 745-person capacity ballroom, and 16,000-square-feet of meeting and event space with state-of-the-art audio and visual equipment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....