Dubai launches two #StaySunny video promos aimed at families and youngsters
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
We might technically be close to spring in the UK, yet temperatures aren't that much warmer and sunshine remains elusive. And that lack of sunny weather is precisely what Dubai's Tourist Board is tapping on with their new Easter campaign #StaySunny, launching two brand new promotional videos, one aimed at families seeking an escape from dreary urban life (and stormy weather) and the one aimed at millennials after a sunny, rain-free party lifestyle.
The family video sees a mum coming home after a grocery shopping trip, only to find that dad is busy on a work call and hasn't had time to take the son for an outing to the park, which means she must face the stormy weather once again and layer up the young tot to brave the fierce wind outside.
Just when she's finished layering up and opens the door to go outside, the little one announces he needs a wee. She sighs and the video closes in with an aerial shot of the with the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the caption:
"Enjoy family fun without the layers."
The video ends with a happy family scene as dad and son come down the water slide and splash about in a massive pool.
The second video sees a young lady getting ready for a night out while a few girlfriends wait for her in a car outside. Like in the previous video she struggles to layer up and doesn't look very happy with the puffy end result as she looks into the mirror – not quite the party look.
As she steps out into the rain and crams into the car, squeezing next to two girlfriends she draws a sun with her finger on the steamy window and a caption pops up:
"Why wish it?"
As the camera zooms in on a scenic image of Dubai Lake and another caption reads:
"A fun girls' trip is a few hours away."
The next scenes show the girls having fun shopping and enjoying cocktails as the #StaySunny caption closes in.
All in all, two highly evocative videos of harsh winter and wet spring realities for westerners, especially here in the UK when summer is still a long way away. But now you know, if you fancy a bit of spring sunshine, Dubai is a pleasant short flight away, with guaranteed sunshine whatever the time of year!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai’s...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...