Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort to host pop-up art gallery this summer
The Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Mexico has announced a partnership with TerrinArt to create a pop-up art gallery at the luxury property. Featuring six paintings by Peter Terrin, a Belgian artist and Playa del Carmen ex-pat, the gallery will be located in the foyer of the grand ballroom and guests can enjoy the art work throughout June, 2017.
Art lovers will be in for a treat this summer when they visit the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort. The luxury resort in Mexico is teaming up with a local artist to create a pop-up art gallery throughout the month of June.
The resort has formed a partnership with TerrinArt to feature Peter Terrin’s work, which is self-described as “a mix of modern impressionist and assiduous old school.” Six of the artist’s paintings will be showcased at the exhibition in the foyer of the resort’s opulent Grand Ballroom.
Peter Terrin is a Belgian artist who now resides in Puerto Aventuras Qroo in Playa del Carmen. His work has been displayed at numerous exhibitions including Art Monaco 2015; ArtExpo New York 2015; Spectrum Art Miami 2014; Kayapo Guardians of the Rain Forest Toronto, 2014; Shared Interest New York 2014; Coming Home / Solo Show Belgium 2014; Brussels Art Fair 2013; Gallery of Kunstkeuken Netherlands 2012 and Faces of the Universe Mexico 2012.
Located in Quintana Roo in eastern Mexico, Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort is situated just steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach, and Playa del Carmen’s nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
The resort is surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that serves as a natural wildlife sanctuary. Designed by the world-famous "Sordo Madaleno" architecture group, the property boasts open-air architecture and features natural elements throughout.
There are 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront “air suites”, and two presidential suites. Guests can stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort’s infinity pools, where they can enjoy the beautiful views overlooking the white sand beach. Each room has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning ocean views of the ocean, as well as double-sink bathrooms with dedicated vanity areas and three-headed showers.
The resort’s upscale facilities include the Cenote Spa that spans 6,000 square-feet, features and unique design with intricate stonework detail and mood lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms, hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes, and a modern fitness centre.
There are eight swimming pools, including three infinity pools, and children will find plenty of fun activities at Camp Hyatt. The onsite beach is the perfect place to relax in the sun or take a dip in the turquoise sea.
Dining venues at the property include The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks, and the family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, "La Cocina". The menus have been carefully designed by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, a world-class chef who has made her name at several award-winning hotels, such as Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...