Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort to host pop-up art gallery this summer
The Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort in Mexico has announced a partnership with TerrinArt to create a pop-up art gallery at the luxury property. Featuring six paintings by Peter Terrin, a Belgian artist and Playa del Carmen ex-pat, the gallery will be located in the foyer of the grand ballroom and guests can enjoy the art work throughout June, 2017.
Art lovers will be in for a treat this summer when they visit the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort. The luxury resort in Mexico is teaming up with a local artist to create a pop-up art gallery throughout the month of June.
The resort has formed a partnership with TerrinArt to feature Peter Terrin’s work, which is self-described as “a mix of modern impressionist and assiduous old school.” Six of the artist’s paintings will be showcased at the exhibition in the foyer of the resort’s opulent Grand Ballroom.
Peter Terrin is a Belgian artist who now resides in Puerto Aventuras Qroo in Playa del Carmen. His work has been displayed at numerous exhibitions including Art Monaco 2015; ArtExpo New York 2015; Spectrum Art Miami 2014; Kayapo Guardians of the Rain Forest Toronto, 2014; Shared Interest New York 2014; Coming Home / Solo Show Belgium 2014; Brussels Art Fair 2013; Gallery of Kunstkeuken Netherlands 2012 and Faces of the Universe Mexico 2012.
Located in Quintana Roo in eastern Mexico, Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort is situated just steps away from the famous Mamitas Beach, and Playa del Carmen’s nightlife and Fifth Avenue shopping area.
The resort is surrounded by a section of protected mangrove jungle that serves as a natural wildlife sanctuary. Designed by the world-famous "Sordo Madaleno" architecture group, the property boasts open-air architecture and features natural elements throughout.
There are 314 guest rooms including 36 suites, 20 oceanfront “air suites”, and two presidential suites. Guests can stay in swim-up suites that offer direct access to one of the resort’s infinity pools, where they can enjoy the beautiful views overlooking the white sand beach. Each room has floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces with stunning ocean views of the ocean, as well as double-sink bathrooms with dedicated vanity areas and three-headed showers.
The resort’s upscale facilities include the Cenote Spa that spans 6,000 square-feet, features and unique design with intricate stonework detail and mood lighting. The spa has eight treatment rooms, hydrotherapy stations, a eucalyptus steam room, fibre optic chromotherapy showers, a studio with yoga, Pilates, Crossfit and meditation classes, and a modern fitness centre.
There are eight swimming pools, including three infinity pools, and children will find plenty of fun activities at Camp Hyatt. The onsite beach is the perfect place to relax in the sun or take a dip in the turquoise sea.
Dining venues at the property include The Grill at 1-26 with ocean views and a selection of fresh seafood and steaks, and the family-style Mexican and Caribbean restaurant, "La Cocina". The menus have been carefully designed by Chef Nadine Waechter Moreno, a world-class chef who has made her name at several award-winning hotels, such as Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...