The Chatwal Maaga and Dream Gasveli two new resorts in the Maldives from Dream Hotel Group
The Dream Hotel Group has announced the signing of two new hotels in the Maldives with Mohamed Manik and Alpha Kinam Holdings. The Chatwal Maaga Maldives with 80 villas and Dream Gasveli Maldives with 500 luxury villas are scheduled to open to holidaymakers in 2019 and 2020 respectively, and the expansion will triple the hotel group’s presence in Asia.
The Dream Hotel Group has entered into a partnership with entrepreneur Mohamed Manik and Alpha Kinam Holdings to develop two new hotels in the Maldives. The Chatwal Maaga Maldives and Dream Gasveli Maldives will open in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
The new Maldives resorts will triple Dream Hotel Group’s presence in Asia. The hotel group has a plan to sign for 150 new hotels and resorts across the world under all four of its brands – Dream, Time, The Chatwal and Unscripted.
“Last year, we signed more new hotels and resorts than ever before. I’m thrilled to announce another equally strong year of growth momentum with the signing of The Chatwal Maaga and Dream Gasveli in the Maldives, one of the strongest luxury leisure resort markets in the world.”
Commented Jay Stein, the CEO of the Dream Hotel Group.
The Chatwal Maaga Maldives resort will be located in the North Ari Atoll in the Maldives, and will have 80 ultra-luxury villas, six private villas, and two lavish presidential villas. The hotel will have three gourmet restaurants, and it will be the second The Chatwal collection hotel to be added to the collection.
Dream Gasveli Maldives will be located across three islands in the Meemu Atoll, and will be the largest fully-integrated resort to be developed in the Indian Ocean. The resort will have a total of 500 villas, plus eight diverse restaurants, bars and nightlife venues, the signature Dream Beach Club, more than 10 designer brand shops with exclusive duty-free, and a 20,000-square-foot spa and wellness centre with a range of lavish treatments and services.
Mohamed Manik, the Chairman of Alpha Kinam Holdings, added:
“I’ve been in the resort and hotel business for over 30 years in the Maldives. I am pleased to partner with Dream Hotel Group in bringing its leading edge lifestyle brands to the Maldives and look forward to taking our luxury market experiences one step beyond here with many more projects in the future.”
The Dream Hotel Group is looking to add more than 30 hotels and resorts in the Asia region over the next four years. The company will also make its debut in Doha in Qatar, and it will open new properties in Nashville, Dallas, Palm Springs, and New York in the United States in the near future.
The Maldives is an archipelago nation situated in the Indian Ocean, spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which just 200 are inhabited. The country was a British Protectorate in 1887 and was protected by Britain against colonial expansion for more than 70 years, before gaining full independence on 26th July, 1965.Its idyllic white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons and all-year-round sunshine make it one of the most popular destinations in the world for romantic breaks, honeymoons and beach holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...