Ground broken on multi-million dollar "Sandals Barbados Phase II" expansion project
Ground has been broken on the expansion of the Dover Beach project in Barbados by Sandals Resorts International. The construction of "Sandals Barbados Phase II" is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017, and will include the addition of 222 guest rooms and suites, seven new swimming pools, five restaurants, a spa and wellness sanctuary, and an entertainment centre.
Construction of the expansion of Sandals Resorts International’s Dover Beach property in Barbados has officially started after ground was broken earlier this month. The resort’s “Sandals Barbados Phase II” expansion project is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017.
The multi-million dollar project will add 222 guest rooms and suites to the all-inclusive resort in Barbados, bringing a total of 502 rooms available to holidaymakers. This will make it the largest Sandals resort in the Eastern Caribbean.
Sandals Barbados Dover Beach has been open for two years, and the expansion is underway to keep up with the demand of increasing visitors, following successful occupancy levels so far at the property. According to Richard Sealy, the Minister of Tourism, at least 20,000 of the 590,000 visitors travelling to the island nation in 2015, stayed at Sandals Barbados.
The luxury resort is situated on the south side of Barbados, on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. Guests can choose from three accommodation categories, including Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village with swim-upriver suites and suites with private butler service.
Facilities at the Caribbean hotel include a modern fitness centre, the brand’s signature Red Lane Spa with six treatment rooms, a collection of gourmet restaurants, and an amphitheatre that overlooks the beautiful Dover Beach.
The “Sandals Barbados Phase II” will also bring an array of new upscale facilities to the site. These include seven swimming pools, five restaurants, a new spa and wellness centre, an entertainment centre with a main stage for concerts, and a new conference and meeting facility which spans 10,500 square feet.
Situated in the North Atlantic Ocean, Barbados is an island nation that has become a popular destination for the rich and famous. The island is home to a variety of hotels, apartments and accommodation options that cater for all ages and all budgets.
The country boasts some of the Caribbean’s most picturesque natural landscape, including powder-soft white sandy beaches, thriving nature parks, and the cobalt sea with thriving coral reefs where divers and snorkelers can swim alongside colourful and diverse marine creatures.
Some of the island’s leading tourist attractions include the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary, and the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site and capital of Barbados, Bridgetown. During their stay, holidaymakers can shop in Bridgetown’s high end boutiques, wander around traditional craft markets, visit museums and art galleries, or take a stroll up to the 17th Century Garrison.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Save up to 50% off with the May FLASH SALE
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...