Royal Air Maroc to launch new flights between Manchester and Casablanca in March
Royal Air Maroc has announced that it will launch a new flight between Manchester and Casablanca in Morocco in March. The new non-stop route will operate three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays between Manchester Airport and Mohammed V International Airport, and will be run on the Boeing 737-800 aircraft, with business and economy class categories.
Royal Air Maroc has revealed that it will launch a brand new service between Manchester and Casablanca in Morocco this month. The airline will operate direct, non-stop flights three times a week.
Operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 28th March, 2017, the service will run between Manchester Airport in the UK and Mohammed V International Airport in Morocco. The flights will be operated by a Boeing 737-800 aircraft, with business and economy class categories, and will have a journey time on three hour and twenty minutes.
This makes Manchester Airport the third airport in the UK to operate flights to Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. The airline currently runs services to the Moroccan city from London Gatwick and London Heathrow.
The new service also opens up connections for 33 destinations in Africa. UK travellers can travel via Casablanca to major African hubs including Lagos, Nairobi, Banjul, and Accra.
Royal Air Maroc is Morocco’s national air carrier that is owned by the Moroccan government and its headquarters are based at Casablanca-Anfa Airport. The airline was founded in 1957, and it now operates flights to 90 destinations across four continents.
Achraf El Hassani, the UK & Ireland General Manager of Royal Air Maroc, stated:
“Royal Air Maroc is delighted to launch the only non-stop service from the North of England direct to Casablanca, with thrice-weekly flights between Manchester Airport and Mohammed V International Airport.”
“We are thrilled to be providing yet another invaluable link from the UK to Africa and look forward to welcoming passengers on board our service from March 28th.”
Casablanca is the largest city in Morocco, and is located in the northwest facing the Atlantic Ocean. The cosmopolitan port city features French colonial architecture, and it famous for being the setting of many world-class movies. It is home to Hassan II Mosque, the country’s largest mosque and the third-largest in the world.
Popular tourist attractions include the Old Medina, Casablanca Cathedral, the island of Marabout de Sidi Abderrahmane, and the Parc de la Ligue Arabe. During a visit, holidaymakers can head to the Ain Diab Plage beach for games of football, camel rides or drinks on the beach.
The nearby Morocco Mall is a great place to pick up a designer branded clothes, or enjoy a film at the IMAX theatre, and no trip to Morocco would be complete without visiting a traditional hammam for a relaxing experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
A historic mansion dating back to 1933, this is one of the most quaint hotels in Fez located in the centre of Fez Medina
- Allow the staff to organise a custom-made excursion that's just right for you
- With only 7 rooms, you're sure to get personalised service at its very best
- Be entertained by henna sessions, cooking lessons and music shows
A great location just minutes from the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa Square and Marrakech's popular and buzzing downtown area.
- Stylish North African fare at La Table du Marche and tasty confection at Table du Marche Pastry Shop
- Offering stunning views over the pool, the Atlas Mountains of the Koutoubia, all 58 Standard Rooms at the Hivernage Hotel and Spa include free wi-fi
- Both and outdoor and indoor swimming pool (with water jets massage), plus a spa and wellbeing centre make for a relaxing stay
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Impressive architecture, lush gardens and fabulous all-inclusive luxury facilities for everyone in the family. The perfect blend of culture and recreation by the beach.
- Enjoy fabulous Moroccan cuisine combined with traditional music and a romantic atmosphere
- Elegant and modern accommodation with spectacular sea views
- Relax and benefit from the wonderful sandy beach of Agadir
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...