St Lucia to launch SOLEIL - the Saint Lucia Summer Festival this year
St Lucia has announced the line-up for a series of new summer festivals taking place between May and October, 2017. SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will be made up of six events taking place on the Caribbean island, and will include St Lucia Jazz in May, Roots & Soul in June, Saint Lucia Food & Rum Festival in August, and the Arts & Heritage Festival in October.
Travellers heading to St Lucia this summer will be in for a treat as the nation launches its SOLEIL – the St Lucia Summer Festival. The summer festival series will feature six main events happening on the island, ranging from music and art, to food and drink.
The festivals will be taking place between May and October this year, and will take place at various locations across the Caribbean island.
The events will kick off in May with the St Lucia Jazz festival that will take place in several venues and settings from 12th to 14th May. Headliners for this year’s concert include Vanessa Williams, Rachelle Ferrell, Rupert Lay, Victor Provost, Malavoi, the Rupert Lay Quartet, Michael Robinson, and Bluemango. The event will finish with a big concert at Pigeon Island National Landmark.
From 16th to 18th June, the Roots & Soul festival will take place, and will mark the beginning of the St Lucia Carnival. The event will feature reggae, hip hop, Afropunk and R&B music from various artists.
The St Lucia Carnival will take place from mid-June until mid-July, and will include music performances, parades and fashion shows taking place across the island. The festival will end with the Parade of the Bands on 17th and 18th July, 2017.
August will see the launch of the St Lucia Food & Rum Festival; an event that focuses on the gastronomic delights of the island nation and beyond. The festival features appearances from chefs, wine connoisseurs, and rum and food experts from all over the world. The event will have cooking demonstrations, rum and wine tastings, special dinners, and musical performances, and will take place on 24th to 27th August, 2017.
Country and western music will be celebrated on 15th to 17th September at the Country & Blues Festival. Musical storytellers from near and far will perform live and festival-goers can enjoy a wide range of musical genres from the past and present that resonate with St. Lucian folk traditions.
SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will conclude in October with the Arts & Heritage Festival. This month-long event will celebrate the cultural artistic heritage of St Lucia, and will include music and dance performances, art exhibitions, culinary events, lectures, and vibrant street parties that will celebrate everything great about the island and its Caribbean culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE PLUS $1000 worth of resort credit savings
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...