St Lucia to launch SOLEIL - the Saint Lucia Summer Festival this year
St Lucia has announced the line-up for a series of new summer festivals taking place between May and October, 2017. SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will be made up of six events taking place on the Caribbean island, and will include St Lucia Jazz in May, Roots & Soul in June, Saint Lucia Food & Rum Festival in August, and the Arts & Heritage Festival in October.
Travellers heading to St Lucia this summer will be in for a treat as the nation launches its SOLEIL – the St Lucia Summer Festival. The summer festival series will feature six main events happening on the island, ranging from music and art, to food and drink.
The festivals will be taking place between May and October this year, and will take place at various locations across the Caribbean island.
The events will kick off in May with the St Lucia Jazz festival that will take place in several venues and settings from 12th to 14th May. Headliners for this year’s concert include Vanessa Williams, Rachelle Ferrell, Rupert Lay, Victor Provost, Malavoi, the Rupert Lay Quartet, Michael Robinson, and Bluemango. The event will finish with a big concert at Pigeon Island National Landmark.
From 16th to 18th June, the Roots & Soul festival will take place, and will mark the beginning of the St Lucia Carnival. The event will feature reggae, hip hop, Afropunk and R&B music from various artists.
The St Lucia Carnival will take place from mid-June until mid-July, and will include music performances, parades and fashion shows taking place across the island. The festival will end with the Parade of the Bands on 17th and 18th July, 2017.
August will see the launch of the St Lucia Food & Rum Festival; an event that focuses on the gastronomic delights of the island nation and beyond. The festival features appearances from chefs, wine connoisseurs, and rum and food experts from all over the world. The event will have cooking demonstrations, rum and wine tastings, special dinners, and musical performances, and will take place on 24th to 27th August, 2017.
Country and western music will be celebrated on 15th to 17th September at the Country & Blues Festival. Musical storytellers from near and far will perform live and festival-goers can enjoy a wide range of musical genres from the past and present that resonate with St. Lucian folk traditions.
SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival will conclude in October with the Arts & Heritage Festival. This month-long event will celebrate the cultural artistic heritage of St Lucia, and will include music and dance performances, art exhibitions, culinary events, lectures, and vibrant street parties that will celebrate everything great about the island and its Caribbean culture.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...