The Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa offers special spiritual retreat
The Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa in the Maldives has announced it is teaming up with wellness guru Jody Shield to offer a spiritual retreat that will include meditation, motivational talks, one-to-one sessions, yoga, a healthy diet plan and spa treatments to guests.
Five-star luxury Maldives hotel, the Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa, has announced it will host an exclusive wellness retreat with London-based spiritual guru and therapist Jody Shield. The first of its kind, the retreat will run from 12-22 April 2017 on the island of Villingili in the Maldives’ southernmost atoll.
During Jody’s 10-day residency at the island resort, guests can attend meditation workshops, motivational talks and coaching sessions with author and mindfulness teacher Jody. Within sight of the beach and Indian Ocean, participants at the retreat will be guided on a personalised journey using Jody's renowned holistic healing and anti-anxiety techniques to release symptoms of stress and worry.
According to Shangri-La, the intention is to:
“Create an exclusive wellness journey encouraging guests to process the past, be more present and create a life they love within this paradisiacal backdrop. With its untouched natural environment encouraging a deep connection with the elements, the island of Villingili is the perfect place for a spiritual retreat, and in turn, a reconnection to the self.”
Open to novices or practised meditators alike, the retreat includes four meditations to quieten the mind and reach a deeper level of awareness and inner calm. The workshops are aimed at nurturing skills that guests can take away and implement in their everyday lives.
Guests can also attend two motivational talks, an exclusive reading from Jody's new book LifeTonic – a modern toolbox to heal your life and soothe your soul, and can also benefit from one-to-one sessions with Jody.
The retreat includes ancient Ayurveda treatments at the resort’s CHI spa – a dedicated spa village with private treatment villas, tropical gardens and steam rooms. Yoga sessions and a healthy eating plan with a personalised menu created by the resort's chef is also part of the wellness package. Meals feature traditional Ayurvedic root waters, light suppers of locally-sourced fish, and herbs and vegetables grown in the chef's garden.
In a secluded beachside setting, the all-inclusive Shangri-La Villingili offers five-star service and deluxe accommodation. Other activities available at Shangri-La Villingili Resort & Spa include tennis, golf, diving, snorkelling, plus exploring the neighbouring islands and the local village communities by bike.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...