Finnair to launch direct flights to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico in November, 2017
Finnair has announced it will launch its first direct non-stop direct flights between Helsinki in Finland to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico this year. The service will commence on 19th November and will operate weekly on Sundays until March, 2018. It will be the first scheduled non-charter service from the Nordic countries to travel to Mexico during the peak season.
Finnair will launch the first direct non-stop flights from Helsinki in Finland to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico later this year. According to the Mexico Tourism Board, the new flights will start on 19th November, 2017 and will run until 18th March, 2018.
The new weekly service has been the work of a close partnership between Finnair and the Mexico Tourism Board for nearly two years. The flight will run on Sundays and will be the first scheduled non-charter service to operate between the Nordic nations and Mexico during the peak holiday season.
Lourdes Berho, the Chief Executive of the Mexico Tourism Board, explained:
“We are excited about this new service from the Nordics to Mexico.
“The region represents an important growth opportunity that plays to our tourism strategy of driving and strengthening air connectivity through expanding existing partnerships and targeting new gateway destinations.”
The new flights will be operated on Finnair’s new Airbus A350, which has 46 business class seats, and 251 economy seats. The aircraft is the newest to the market and offers increase comfort for passengers and environmental performance.
Located on the Bahía de Banderas in the Jalisco state in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta is a popular tourist destination, and it is home to crystal clear waters that are teeming with colourful marine species and coral reefs.
In the east to the area, sit the Sierra Madre’s emerald-sloped mountains where holidaymakers can go hiking or catch sightings of diverse wildlife such as tropical birds, jaguars, and iguanas. The region’s beaches are plentiful and boast white sand, while the sea is perfect for activities such as sailing, kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkelling.
Puerto Vallarta is home to an array of accommodation, from luxury beachfront resorts, to cosy family-run B&Bs. The coastal town boasts gourmet cuisine at its many restaurants, cafes and street food vendors, and there are vibrant bars, night clubs, and beach clubs to enjoy cocktails, drinks and music.
Some of the main attractions include the historic Church of Our Lady of the Guadalupe, the seafront vibrant "Malecon", the Botanical Gardens of Vallarta, and the Los Muertos Pier. Tourists can visit the River Cuale Island for authentic artisan shops, while the "Pueblo Viejo" market for jewellery, souvenirs, clothing and delicious, traditional Mexican cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...