Finnair to launch direct flights to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico in November, 2017
Finnair has announced it will launch its first direct non-stop direct flights between Helsinki in Finland to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico this year. The service will commence on 19th November and will operate weekly on Sundays until March, 2018. It will be the first scheduled non-charter service from the Nordic countries to travel to Mexico during the peak season.
Finnair will launch the first direct non-stop flights from Helsinki in Finland to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico later this year. According to the Mexico Tourism Board, the new flights will start on 19th November, 2017 and will run until 18th March, 2018.
The new weekly service has been the work of a close partnership between Finnair and the Mexico Tourism Board for nearly two years. The flight will run on Sundays and will be the first scheduled non-charter service to operate between the Nordic nations and Mexico during the peak holiday season.
Lourdes Berho, the Chief Executive of the Mexico Tourism Board, explained:
“We are excited about this new service from the Nordics to Mexico.
“The region represents an important growth opportunity that plays to our tourism strategy of driving and strengthening air connectivity through expanding existing partnerships and targeting new gateway destinations.”
The new flights will be operated on Finnair’s new Airbus A350, which has 46 business class seats, and 251 economy seats. The aircraft is the newest to the market and offers increase comfort for passengers and environmental performance.
Located on the Bahía de Banderas in the Jalisco state in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta is a popular tourist destination, and it is home to crystal clear waters that are teeming with colourful marine species and coral reefs.
In the east to the area, sit the Sierra Madre’s emerald-sloped mountains where holidaymakers can go hiking or catch sightings of diverse wildlife such as tropical birds, jaguars, and iguanas. The region’s beaches are plentiful and boast white sand, while the sea is perfect for activities such as sailing, kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkelling.
Puerto Vallarta is home to an array of accommodation, from luxury beachfront resorts, to cosy family-run B&Bs. The coastal town boasts gourmet cuisine at its many restaurants, cafes and street food vendors, and there are vibrant bars, night clubs, and beach clubs to enjoy cocktails, drinks and music.
Some of the main attractions include the historic Church of Our Lady of the Guadalupe, the seafront vibrant "Malecon", the Botanical Gardens of Vallarta, and the Los Muertos Pier. Tourists can visit the River Cuale Island for authentic artisan shops, while the "Pueblo Viejo" market for jewellery, souvenirs, clothing and delicious, traditional Mexican cuisine.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...