Rural resorts in Mexico continue to expand with new flights and deals
Mexico's Caribbean region continues to expand as a tourist hub with several transformations within some of its most renowned rural resorts. New flights will make Explorean Kohunlich Resort easier to access, Playa Hotels & Resorts is partnering up with Panama Jack to rebrand several properties and the Papaya Playa Project in Tulum welcomes a new Treehouse.
As eco-inspired holidays gain more and more popularity among travellers all around the world, companies seek to invest in rural resorts that offer one-on-one contact with nature as well as comfort and pampering.
Three properties in Mexico’s Caribbean region have recently made transformations that are certain to increase the number of visitors staying within their domains. Explorean Kohunlich Resort will gain more accessibility with new flights, Playa Hotels & Resorts will evolve with new branding and the Papaya Playa Project expands with new Treehouse.
MAYAir is offering new airlift to remote zones. Situated within the Mayan jungle, thirty minutes from Chetumal, the Explorean Kohunlich Resort is a rural resort that visitors could only access through a four-hour drive from Cancun. The property will now benefit from these flights to Chetumal, which will make the resort more accessible to visitors who will arrive at Chetumal in less than an hour. An airport pickup will then deliver guests to their final destination.
Part of La Coleccion by Grupo Posadas, the Kohunlich Resort offers a different concept, emphasizing on soft adventure and a range of daily activities, including exploring archeological sites, kayaking, cycling and riding catamarans through a large lagoon. Explorean brand comprises Kohunlich and a property in Cozumel. Grupo Posadas is looking to open a third location on the Riviera Maya.
When discussing the brand’s Kohunlich property, Rafael Lizarraga, commercial director for Hotelera Posadas explained the hotel’s diverse attractions as an eco resort. Lizarraga told Travel Agent:
“Our Kohunlich property has forty nature suites, and it sits in the middle of jungle. It’s all-inclusive and family oriented. It appeals to those who want to be in contact with nature. You can get as tired as you like. And you don’t need to worry on the bike rides. We have an air-conditioned van following you.”
At the same time, Playa Hotels & Resorts have recently signed a deal to offer more amazing tropical experiences for guests. The hotel group will be partnering with Panama Jack consumer brand. With the new agreement, they will rebrand Playa’s Gran Caribe Resort in Cancun and Gran Porto Resort in Playa del Carmen in order to make attractive transformations for visitors including experiential dining, entertainment, in-room and retail concepts, amongst others.
Senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Playa Resorts Management, Kevin Froemming explained how this partnership would help these resorts evolve:
“The Panama Jack brand has been built around the concept that Jack is a traveller, not a tourist and the new resort brand will continue to reflect this. The atmosphere will be casual yet friendly and attract generations that span Millennials to Boomers, with venues and details that are both vintage and eclectic. This also creates an easy to sell opportunity for agents. It’s delivering a fun, experiential product that resonates with guests giving agents another way to build on repeat bookings.”
Finally, the Papaya Playa Project in Tulum, also seeks to broaden its unique tropical offers with a peculiar extra: the new Treehouse. Comprising 85 casitas and cabanas, the Papaya Playa Project is set on the Riviera Maya, on the shores of a stunning Caribbean beach.
With the addition of this Treehouse, the eco-friendly resort now gives guests the option of staying in a unique setting, built with locally-sourced materials and indigenous building techniques. With wooden interiors and macramé accents, the Treehouse is a spectacular accommodation with unparalleled views of the jungle and sea beyond.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...