AC Kingston hotel in Jamaica will debut as AC Hotel brand in Caribbean
Sandals Resorts International has announced that it has formed a new partnership with Marriott International Inc. to operate a new AC Hotels by Marriott in the Caribbean. The new AC Kingston hotel in Jamaica will be the first property that Sandals Resort International has not owned and is it scheduled to open to holidaymakers in 2019.
Sandals Resorts International (SRI) has revealed that it will open a new property in the Caribbean in a partnership with Marriott International Inc. This is the first time the Caribbean hotel group and Marriott will join forces, and it will be the first hotel that SRI does not own.
The partnership will bring the AC Hotels by Marriott brand to the Caribbean with the opening of AC Kingston hotel in Jamaica. Plans for the new luxury hotel are already underway and the property is scheduled to open to guests in 2019.
“There is a renewed energy in Kingston and everywhere the city trembles with purpose and productivity.
"We plan to capture this vitality, to create a destination within a destination, a place where world-class meetings and events happen alongside everyday occasions - from shopping and dining to salon services and cocktails with friends. With its emphasis on design and locally inspired experiences that elevate the guest’s stay, AC Hotels by Marriott is the right brand to bring our vision to life."
Stated Adam Stewart, the CEO and Deputy Chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
The AC Kingston will be located on the new mixed-use development which sits on five acres of land in the Jamaica House neighbourhood.
The property will have 220 guest rooms and suites, and rare Kingston parking space with self-drive and valet options. Facilities include a gourmet restaurant, a swimming pool, and a conference centre spanning 10,000 square feet.
The mixed-use complex will also feature a BMW showroom, car rental facilities, a beauty salon and spa. It will also have “The Avenue”, which will be a promenade connected to the conference centre that will be lined with indoor and outdoor event space, restaurants, cafes, sushi dining outlets and entertainment space for concerts.
The AC by Marriott is the hotel group’s brand that focuses on design and comfort, and it currently has 90 hotels across cities in Europe, Latin America and the United States.
Marriott International is a global hotel group that owns and operates over 3,600 luxury hotels and resorts under 30 brands across 70 countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. Brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, AC Hotels, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Sandals International Resorts is the Caribbean’s leading hotel group, which owns and operates several luxury all-inclusive hotels and resorts throughout tropical destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos. Its brands include Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...