Sandals plans new overwater suites in St Lucia
Hot on the heels of the opening of its overwater suites in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced it will unveil a collection of overwater bungalows at its Sandals Grande St Lucian resort on the Caribbean island of St Lucia this May 2017.
Following its debut of the Caribbean’s first overwater villas in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced plans to open more overwater suites at Sandals Grande St Lucian on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The premium butler-service bungalows are aimed at honeymooners and will be ready to start welcoming guests from May this year.
The nine new stilted suites will extend into the sea from Sandals five-star all-inclusive Grande St Lucian resort and skirt the calm turquoise waters of St Lucia’s Pigeon Island peninsula on the north-west coast. They will each feature wooden sun decks with swim-up platforms giving direct access into the sea, as well as overwater hammocks and private plunge pools for two, known as Tranquility Soaking Tubs.
The villa’s large outdoor patios will feature sun loungers, rain showers and a shaded seating area with a bistro set for two. A personal butler serving food and drinks comes with the suite, and guests also have access to 24-hour room service. As part of the package, a private water taxi is on hand to ferry guests to and from the mainland.
Inside the villas, glass floor panels and down-lighting give a window on the underwater world at any time of day. Luxury furnishings include custom-crafted king-size beds, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings and smart televisions. Bathrooms feature his and hers sinks, a large backlit mosaic-tiled mirror, and a walk-in rain shower.
Close to the popular Rodney Bay area and right next door to Pigeon Island National Park, Sandals Grande St Lucian resort offers fine dining at 12 restaurants, six full-service bars, five swimming pools, and a watersports centre including scuba diving facilities. All meals, drinks and activities are included in the price of the holiday.
Sandals Resorts runs 15 luxury all-inclusive resorts across six Caribbean islands including Sandals Grande Antigua, Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas and Sandals Barbados. In St Lucia, the brand has three properties – Sandals Regency La Toc, Sandals Halcyon Beach, and Sandals Grande St Lucian.
The hotel group has a total of seven resorts in Jamaica including in the popular beach hubs of Negril and Montego Bay. The brand is aimed at couples and honeymooners, while sister-brand Beaches is designed for families.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...