Sandals plans new overwater suites in St Lucia
Hot on the heels of the opening of its overwater suites in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced it will unveil a collection of overwater bungalows at its Sandals Grande St Lucian resort on the Caribbean island of St Lucia this May 2017.
Following its debut of the Caribbean’s first overwater villas in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced plans to open more overwater suites at Sandals Grande St Lucian on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The premium butler-service bungalows are aimed at honeymooners and will be ready to start welcoming guests from May this year.
The nine new stilted suites will extend into the sea from Sandals five-star all-inclusive Grande St Lucian resort and skirt the calm turquoise waters of St Lucia’s Pigeon Island peninsula on the north-west coast. They will each feature wooden sun decks with swim-up platforms giving direct access into the sea, as well as overwater hammocks and private plunge pools for two, known as Tranquility Soaking Tubs.
The villa’s large outdoor patios will feature sun loungers, rain showers and a shaded seating area with a bistro set for two. A personal butler serving food and drinks comes with the suite, and guests also have access to 24-hour room service. As part of the package, a private water taxi is on hand to ferry guests to and from the mainland.
Inside the villas, glass floor panels and down-lighting give a window on the underwater world at any time of day. Luxury furnishings include custom-crafted king-size beds, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings and smart televisions. Bathrooms feature his and hers sinks, a large backlit mosaic-tiled mirror, and a walk-in rain shower.
Close to the popular Rodney Bay area and right next door to Pigeon Island National Park, Sandals Grande St Lucian resort offers fine dining at 12 restaurants, six full-service bars, five swimming pools, and a watersports centre including scuba diving facilities. All meals, drinks and activities are included in the price of the holiday.
Sandals Resorts runs 15 luxury all-inclusive resorts across six Caribbean islands including Sandals Grande Antigua, Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas and Sandals Barbados. In St Lucia, the brand has three properties – Sandals Regency La Toc, Sandals Halcyon Beach, and Sandals Grande St Lucian.
The hotel group has a total of seven resorts in Jamaica including in the popular beach hubs of Negril and Montego Bay. The brand is aimed at couples and honeymooners, while sister-brand Beaches is designed for families.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Up to 2 Children stay and eat free when staying with 2 full paying adults on the same meal plan
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Receive six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Book a Pool View or Beach Front Room and Enjoy a complimentary upgrade From Bed and Breakfast to MAP Board Basis (breakfast, dinner and extras included)
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types plus an exclusive upgrade to the next room
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...