Sandals plans new overwater suites in St Lucia
Hot on the heels of the opening of its overwater suites in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced it will unveil a collection of overwater bungalows at its Sandals Grande St Lucian resort on the Caribbean island of St Lucia this May 2017.
Following its debut of the Caribbean’s first overwater villas in Jamaica’s Montego Bay, Sandals Resorts has announced plans to open more overwater suites at Sandals Grande St Lucian on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. The premium butler-service bungalows are aimed at honeymooners and will be ready to start welcoming guests from May this year.
The nine new stilted suites will extend into the sea from Sandals five-star all-inclusive Grande St Lucian resort and skirt the calm turquoise waters of St Lucia’s Pigeon Island peninsula on the north-west coast. They will each feature wooden sun decks with swim-up platforms giving direct access into the sea, as well as overwater hammocks and private plunge pools for two, known as Tranquility Soaking Tubs.
The villa’s large outdoor patios will feature sun loungers, rain showers and a shaded seating area with a bistro set for two. A personal butler serving food and drinks comes with the suite, and guests also have access to 24-hour room service. As part of the package, a private water taxi is on hand to ferry guests to and from the mainland.
Inside the villas, glass floor panels and down-lighting give a window on the underwater world at any time of day. Luxury furnishings include custom-crafted king-size beds, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings and smart televisions. Bathrooms feature his and hers sinks, a large backlit mosaic-tiled mirror, and a walk-in rain shower.
Close to the popular Rodney Bay area and right next door to Pigeon Island National Park, Sandals Grande St Lucian resort offers fine dining at 12 restaurants, six full-service bars, five swimming pools, and a watersports centre including scuba diving facilities. All meals, drinks and activities are included in the price of the holiday.
Sandals Resorts runs 15 luxury all-inclusive resorts across six Caribbean islands including Sandals Grande Antigua, Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas and Sandals Barbados. In St Lucia, the brand has three properties – Sandals Regency La Toc, Sandals Halcyon Beach, and Sandals Grande St Lucian.
The hotel group has a total of seven resorts in Jamaica including in the popular beach hubs of Negril and Montego Bay. The brand is aimed at couples and honeymooners, while sister-brand Beaches is designed for families.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Discounted Special offer on All Inclusive which includes six complimentary passes to Splash Island Water Park and access to the dine around program
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE PLUS $1000 worth of resort credit savings
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...