Alila Fort Bishangarh to open as first fortress resort in India
India’s charming Jaipur is now home to the first fortress hotel in India. Constructed above a heritage fortress that has been left intact, the Alila Fort Bishangarh is a lavish resort property housing five different types of suites with amazing views. The hotel is expected to open its doors to the public this month.
One of the country’s most visited cities, Jaipur, is home to some of India’s most amazing attractions, like the breath-taking Amber Fort.
Now, it welcomes a new wonder for travellers from all over the world, the Alila Fort Bishangarh in Bishangarh Villa. This lavish property set amidst breath-taking nature stands out for being India’s first ever fortress resort. Built respecting the structure of an ancient fortress, the Alila Fort Bishangarah will begin receiving visitors this month.
A clear example of the Jaipur Gharana architecture (a mix of Mughal and British tradition), the Alila Forth Bishangrah is a completely new structure which was constructed above and outside a heritage fortress, making sure the original fort was left intact. This 59-suite resort was also built with the wellness of natural surroundings in mind and absolute respect of the zone’s cultural heritage, as it was designed to reflect the traditional decor and flair of Shahpura’s royalty. Guests to the hotel will be looking out upon warrior fort made of two-metre thick walls with openings for firearms and turrets (locally called burjs).
Lavishness is the keyword within this fortress resort, surrounded by magnificent banquet lawns.The Alila Fort Bishangarh comprises 59 suites in total which are divided into five different styles of royal accommodations. Each suite boasts spacious and elegant interiors, large enough to comfortably accommodate four guests. Complete with lush amenities, expansive bathrooms with footed bathtubs, day-beds and large bay windows that offer stunning views of the grounds and the fortress beyond.
The resort’s fine facilities are not merely restricted to the accommodations. Public areas such as the swimming pool, pool terrace & juice bar, Fitness Centre and a “Play Soldiers Club” for children are great options for guests to enjoy. Keeping in touch with the history of the site will be entirely possible within the fort where guests can dine in style at the two specialty theme restaurants, the 24-hour cafe lounge, bar and cigar room, wine cellar, state ballrooms, Library and Spa Alila wellness centre.
The resort is also an ideal place for celebrating events such as weddings or business meetings, with a royal banquet hall, conference and meeting rooms and an open-air terrace and gardens.
Set barely 6 km off the Delhi-Jaipur National Highway, the Alila Fort Bishangarh is also a great base for discovering Jaipur and the nearby New Delhi. In addition, exploring astounding sites nearby will be entirely possible thanks to the Alila Concierge Team which have designed five excursion packs to suit guests with diverse interests: Cultural Learning (love of history & artisanship), Conscious Living (wellness, environs & community), Active Spirits (outdoor sporting pursuits), Culinary Arts (Cooking School & Food Trails) and Couple Celebration.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...
Tour Overview With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44...