Elite Island Resorts expands its "Inside and Out" wellbeing menu
As part of its ongoing efforts to keep innovating their product offering in the Caribbean, the Elite Island Resorts group is expanding its selection of wellbeing activities, offered to guests on a complimentary basis and added to the scheduled of daily activities to be enjoyed. From bespoke colouring books to sketch club workshops and a water-based workout regime, guests will have more options than ever to make the most of their Caribbean holidays with Elite Island Resorts.
Only last week, we were introducing you to Elite Island Resorts' new "Authentic Caribbean" concept, following renovation works and upgrades carried out across its eight resorts, all perfectly located in privileged settings along five beautiful Caribbean destinations: St Lucia, Antigua, The Grenadines, Barbados, British Virgin Islands and Jamaica.
Today we're back to talking about Elite Island Resorts, this time because of their innovative plans to expand on their wellbeing activities and continue giving guests more as part of their all-inclusive programme.
Having been the first hotelier in the Caribbean to introduce the concept of mobile-free beaches across all of its resorts back in 2007, Elite Island is going further this time to ensure more relaxation options for guests, allowing them to truly unplug and reconnect with nature, spiritually and mindfully.
Speaking about these latest additions to their menu of wellbeing activities, Paula Whitehead, European Managing Director at Elite Island Resorts, added:
"From the launch of our mobile free beaches 8 years ago, we add ideas that encourage guests to maintain or begin wellbeing habits on holiday that benefit them long after their stay with us."
To this end, they also launched a weekly silent beach cinema in 2014 and introduced relaxing resort activities like daily yoga, hiking and a variety of water sports, all of which come included in the price of the stay.
Continuing along the same lines, Elite Island Resorts have now created a pack of additions to include in their "Inside and Out" wellbeing activities menu, with some of these new features having already been introduced in October 2016 at the Galley Bay Resort and Spa and the St James's Club and Villas, both in Antigua. These new inclusions are to be extended to all other remaining resorts starting January 2017, and the activities in question are the following:
Floatfit® CARIBBEAN aquabase®
An exclusive Caribbean fitness first, this new activity offered at Elite Island Resorts is a cross-training aquabase® class, which consists of a 20-minute HIIT workout including lunges, burpees, squats, mountain climbers and planks.
This combination of low-impact exercises aim to give guests a full body workout and can be modified to include other routines like yoga. The classes are done on the beach or at any of the resorts' pools and they have a twice-daily schedule, with guests being able to sign up for morning and late afternoon sessions.
The Caribbean Colour Me Calm Club
A truly innovative move by Elite Island Resorts, this activity consists of providing guests with a bespoke colouring book by Puffin illustrator Adam Stower, who has produced a unique selection of drawings. Said drawings capture views, landmarks and locations at the group's variety of resorts.
Guests can pick up a book and practice their colouring skills with "ink and drink" sunset sessions and colouring materials also provided at the resort. The book, which guests are free to take home, also includes at home mindfulness techniques Existential psychotherapist Dr. Nicole Gehl.
A Smart Sun Protection Guide with bespoke advice by Ultrasun
Following the updated NICE guidelines regarding the importance of skin protection from the sun, Elite Island Resorts have partnered up with Ultrasun to ensure guests are well prepared to face the sun during their holidays. So, they've loaded up on the right UVA and UVB filter level products and made them available at all of their resorts, together with a free Smart Sun guide for all guests.
Resort staff have also been trained to offer guests bespoke advice when it comes to helping them find the adequate level of protection by matching their skin type to the right product for safe sun-basking. As a result of their joint efforts, Ultrasun products will be exclusively sold at Elite Island Resorts only.
4-Day Mindfulness Colouring and Sketch Club Workshops
An additional treat for book-colouring lovers, Adam Stower himself, the man behind the colouring books offered at Elite Island Resorts will be in residence for a more in-depth workshop in August 2017. Check back at Elite Island Resorts for future updates and possible new appearances by Mr Stower at their different properties.
Summing up all these new introductions and future launches, Paula Whitehead, concluded:
"Our new additions exclusive to Elite Island Resorts, Caribbean Colour Me Calm Club, Ultrasun Smart Sun service and Aquabase's innovative floating workout, make it even easier for guests to take care of mind and body during their stay."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...