Bernhard Haechler takes General Manager role at Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.
A new General Manager has been appointed at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Bernhard Haechler has started in his new role at the luxury resort, and he will be responsible for overseeing the operations and teams at the property.
Haechler has more than 20 years of experience at senior management level at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. He previously held roles as the Vice President and General Manager of various resorts across the Middle East and Maldives, including Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa and Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, and he has been the General Manager of various hotels in Thailand, Hong Kong, and Manila.
“I am thrilled to be joining the talented team at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa.”
Stated Mr. Haechler.
“I have always appreciated Le Touessrok for its long-standing reputation as one of the world’s most dynamic and personalised resorts, and have watched with admiration over the last eighteen months as Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts worked to develop the property to its full potential. I am looking forward to working with the team to enhance that reputation.”
The General Manager holds dual Swiss and South African nationality, and his experience and expertise in luxury senior management has taken him to roles in hotels across the globe. He first began his hotel school training at the renowned Schweizerische Hotelfachschule in Lucerne in Switzerland.
Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa sits on the eastern coast of the island of Mauritius in the idyllic Trou d'Eau Douce Bay. The five-star resort re-opened to guests in November, 2015, after an extensive refurbishment programme. As well as 200 guest rooms and three Beach Villas, the hotel’s facilities include CHI The Spa with a menu of replenishing treatments in eight therapy rooms; five gourmet restaurants and two chic bars; and the T-Club kids club for children and the Teen Club.
The resort’s luxury Beach Villas each boast their own team of staff, and visitors can enjoy 423 square metres of space, three bedrooms, an infinity pool, and private access to the white sand beach. Last year, the hotel launched the Dom Perignon Butler Experience, which allows them to enjoy the lavish Champagne which will be served by butlers, anytime and anywhere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...