Bernhard Haechler takes General Manager role at Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, Mauritius
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.
A new General Manager has been appointed at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Bernhard Haechler has started in his new role at the luxury resort, and he will be responsible for overseeing the operations and teams at the property.
Haechler has more than 20 years of experience at senior management level at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. He previously held roles as the Vice President and General Manager of various resorts across the Middle East and Maldives, including Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa and Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, and he has been the General Manager of various hotels in Thailand, Hong Kong, and Manila.
“I am thrilled to be joining the talented team at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa.”
Stated Mr. Haechler.
“I have always appreciated Le Touessrok for its long-standing reputation as one of the world’s most dynamic and personalised resorts, and have watched with admiration over the last eighteen months as Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts worked to develop the property to its full potential. I am looking forward to working with the team to enhance that reputation.”
The General Manager holds dual Swiss and South African nationality, and his experience and expertise in luxury senior management has taken him to roles in hotels across the globe. He first began his hotel school training at the renowned Schweizerische Hotelfachschule in Lucerne in Switzerland.
Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa sits on the eastern coast of the island of Mauritius in the idyllic Trou d'Eau Douce Bay. The five-star resort re-opened to guests in November, 2015, after an extensive refurbishment programme. As well as 200 guest rooms and three Beach Villas, the hotel’s facilities include CHI The Spa with a menu of replenishing treatments in eight therapy rooms; five gourmet restaurants and two chic bars; and the T-Club kids club for children and the Teen Club.
The resort’s luxury Beach Villas each boast their own team of staff, and visitors can enjoy 423 square metres of space, three bedrooms, an infinity pool, and private access to the white sand beach. Last year, the hotel launched the Dom Perignon Butler Experience, which allows them to enjoy the lavish Champagne which will be served by butlers, anytime and anywhere.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Add three nights in Dubai at the Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates, with breakfast and transfers, from £199 per person
- Free upgrade from a Courtyard Room to a Superior Garden Room for stays between 23 March to 30 September 2018
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Mauritius is one of the world's most sought-after holiday destinations and you'll find out why as soon as you arrive in...