Hilton announces plans for nine new hotels in Mexico
International hotel giant Hilton has signed up nine new properties in Mexico that will be developed and opened in the next couple of years. Ranging from coastal retreats to historic boutiques, the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to the country’s flourishing tourism offering.
Global hotel brand Hilton has announced the signing of nine new properties in Mexico under various brands, including Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
The new hotels will join Hilton’s burgeoning portfolio of more than 45 properties in Mexico.
The new hotels joining Hilton’s portfolio include
- The 226-room Hilton Guadalajara Midtown expected to open in early 2018 and situated in the capital of Mexico’s western Jalisco province, known for its tequila and mariachi bands.
- The 93-room Fives Downtown Hotel Playa del Carmen, Curio Collection by Hilton, which will be Hilton’s first hotel in Mexico’s tourist town of Playa del Carmen, along the Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline.
- The 1970 Hotel Posadas Guadalajara, Curio Collection by Hilton in the heart of Guadalajara.
- The 32-room Zacatecas Centro Historico, Curio Collection by Hilton housed in a renovated 19th-century building, due to open in early 2018.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Merida slated to open in the first half of this year, just north of the city of Merida and close to Plaza Altabrisa, one of the city’s largest shopping malls.
- The 189-room Hilton Garden Inn Mexico City Santa Fe, expected to open in late 2017 as part of the first dual-branded Hilton property in Mexico. The 172-room DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, the other half of the development, opened last month.
- The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Saltillo that will add 200 hotel rooms to the capital of Coahulia when it opens in 2019.
- The 134-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Cancun scheduled to open in the first half of 2017 in the Pabellon Cumbres area of the city.
Together the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to Mexico’s tourism offering. Hilton’s Managing Director for Development in Mexico, Central America and the Hispanic Caribbean, Juan Corvinos, said:
“Mexico continues experiencing impressive tourism growth, and the addition of these hotels will help satisfy the increasing demand from both leisure and business travellers.”
And he added:
“With nearly 100 open properties in Latin America, Hilton continues to actively pursue growth opportunities in the region. We currently have a robust pipeline of more than 60 hotels across Latin America, including over 30 projects in Mexico.”
Several Hilton properties opened in Mexico last year, including DoubleTree by Hilton Veracruz, Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Puebla Angelópolis, Hampton Inn by Hilton Durango, Hampton Inn by Hilton Piedras Negras, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Salamanca and Hampton Inn by Hilton Irapuato.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...