Hilton announces plans for nine new hotels in Mexico
International hotel giant Hilton has signed up nine new properties in Mexico that will be developed and opened in the next couple of years. Ranging from coastal retreats to historic boutiques, the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to the country’s flourishing tourism offering.
Global hotel brand Hilton has announced the signing of nine new properties in Mexico under various brands, including Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
The new hotels will join Hilton’s burgeoning portfolio of more than 45 properties in Mexico.
The new hotels joining Hilton’s portfolio include
- The 226-room Hilton Guadalajara Midtown expected to open in early 2018 and situated in the capital of Mexico’s western Jalisco province, known for its tequila and mariachi bands.
- The 93-room Fives Downtown Hotel Playa del Carmen, Curio Collection by Hilton, which will be Hilton’s first hotel in Mexico’s tourist town of Playa del Carmen, along the Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline.
- The 1970 Hotel Posadas Guadalajara, Curio Collection by Hilton in the heart of Guadalajara.
- The 32-room Zacatecas Centro Historico, Curio Collection by Hilton housed in a renovated 19th-century building, due to open in early 2018.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Merida slated to open in the first half of this year, just north of the city of Merida and close to Plaza Altabrisa, one of the city’s largest shopping malls.
- The 189-room Hilton Garden Inn Mexico City Santa Fe, expected to open in late 2017 as part of the first dual-branded Hilton property in Mexico. The 172-room DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, the other half of the development, opened last month.
- The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Saltillo that will add 200 hotel rooms to the capital of Coahulia when it opens in 2019.
- The 134-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Cancun scheduled to open in the first half of 2017 in the Pabellon Cumbres area of the city.
Together the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to Mexico’s tourism offering. Hilton’s Managing Director for Development in Mexico, Central America and the Hispanic Caribbean, Juan Corvinos, said:
“Mexico continues experiencing impressive tourism growth, and the addition of these hotels will help satisfy the increasing demand from both leisure and business travellers.”
And he added:
“With nearly 100 open properties in Latin America, Hilton continues to actively pursue growth opportunities in the region. We currently have a robust pipeline of more than 60 hotels across Latin America, including over 30 projects in Mexico.”
Several Hilton properties opened in Mexico last year, including DoubleTree by Hilton Veracruz, Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Puebla Angelópolis, Hampton Inn by Hilton Durango, Hampton Inn by Hilton Piedras Negras, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Salamanca and Hampton Inn by Hilton Irapuato.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...