Hilton announces plans for nine new hotels in Mexico
International hotel giant Hilton has signed up nine new properties in Mexico that will be developed and opened in the next couple of years. Ranging from coastal retreats to historic boutiques, the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to the country’s flourishing tourism offering.
Global hotel brand Hilton has announced the signing of nine new properties in Mexico under various brands, including Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
The new hotels will join Hilton’s burgeoning portfolio of more than 45 properties in Mexico.
The new hotels joining Hilton’s portfolio include
- The 226-room Hilton Guadalajara Midtown expected to open in early 2018 and situated in the capital of Mexico’s western Jalisco province, known for its tequila and mariachi bands.
- The 93-room Fives Downtown Hotel Playa del Carmen, Curio Collection by Hilton, which will be Hilton’s first hotel in Mexico’s tourist town of Playa del Carmen, along the Yucatán Peninsula's Riviera Maya strip of Caribbean shoreline.
- The 1970 Hotel Posadas Guadalajara, Curio Collection by Hilton in the heart of Guadalajara.
- The 32-room Zacatecas Centro Historico, Curio Collection by Hilton housed in a renovated 19th-century building, due to open in early 2018.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Merida slated to open in the first half of this year, just north of the city of Merida and close to Plaza Altabrisa, one of the city’s largest shopping malls.
- The 189-room Hilton Garden Inn Mexico City Santa Fe, expected to open in late 2017 as part of the first dual-branded Hilton property in Mexico. The 172-room DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Santa Fe, the other half of the development, opened last month.
- The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Saltillo that will add 200 hotel rooms to the capital of Coahulia when it opens in 2019.
- The 134-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Cancun scheduled to open in the first half of 2017 in the Pabellon Cumbres area of the city.
Together the new hotels will add more than 1,200 guest rooms to Mexico’s tourism offering. Hilton’s Managing Director for Development in Mexico, Central America and the Hispanic Caribbean, Juan Corvinos, said:
“Mexico continues experiencing impressive tourism growth, and the addition of these hotels will help satisfy the increasing demand from both leisure and business travellers.”
And he added:
“With nearly 100 open properties in Latin America, Hilton continues to actively pursue growth opportunities in the region. We currently have a robust pipeline of more than 60 hotels across Latin America, including over 30 projects in Mexico.”
Several Hilton properties opened in Mexico last year, including DoubleTree by Hilton Veracruz, Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Puebla Angelópolis, Hampton Inn by Hilton Durango, Hampton Inn by Hilton Piedras Negras, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Salamanca and Hampton Inn by Hilton Irapuato.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...