Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island to open in Ras Al Khaimah in 2019
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has announced the signing of a new agreement to manage its very first hotel in Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates. Located on a picturesque beachfront location, the five-star Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island will have 550 luxurious guest rooms, suites and serviced apartments, and the property is scheduled to open in 2019.
The Swiss hotel group Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has revealed that it will open its first hotel in Ras Al Khaimah. The Mövenpick Resort Al Marjan Island is scheduled to open to holidaymakers in 2019.
The five-star hotel will be located on a pristine beachfront on Al Marjan Island in Ras Al Khaimah, and it will have 430 guest rooms and suite, plus 120 luxury serviced apartments. The property will boast beautiful views looking out over the Arabian Gulf and the picturesque coastline.
“Mövenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah is a valuable addition to our portfolio and will provide leisure travellers with another compelling reason to visit one of the UAE’s most stunning holiday destinations,”
stated Andreas Mattmüller, the Chief Operating Officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts for the Middle East and South Asia.
Al Marjan Island is the first manmade archipelago in Ras Al Khaimah, and it is made up of four coral-shaped islands. Holidaymakers can access the islands via the nearby RAK International Airport, through services provided by airlines including Qatar Airways, Air Arabia and Air India Express.
Spanning 2.7 million square metres, Al Marjan Island is surrounded by the Yanis and Jais Mountains. Each of the four picturesque isles is home to waterfront homes, residential units, marinas, entertainment and recreational facilities, private beaches, and luxury hotels including DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island and Marjan Island Resort and Spa.
Ras Al Khaimah has become a popular holiday destination in the United Arab Emirates. Visitor numbers are expected to have increased by 11 per cent in 2016, totalling more than 820,000 by the end of the year. The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority has set a target of one million arrivals by the end of 2018. The United Kingdom and India are the fastest growing international source markets to the nation.
RAK is located in the north of the United Arab Emirates, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, and it is home to magnificent natural landscapes such as soaring mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, winding creeks, turquoise lagoons, white sandy beaches, and the sparkling Arabian Gulf. Holidaymakers can enjoy adventurous activities such as mountain biking, climbing, hiking, dune buggying, scuba diving, snorkelling, and rafting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Leave your daily stress behind and enjoy a romantic escape with spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf in Ras Al Khaimah
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 2149 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- Enjoy the 800-metre private sandy beach offering various water sports
- up to 2 kids stay free
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Exclusive Offer! Free Upgrade to Deluxe Room and Free Transfers! Book by 9 March 2017
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Immerse yourself within the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...