Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island to open in Ras Al Khaimah in 2019
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts has announced the signing of a new agreement to manage its very first hotel in Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates. Located on a picturesque beachfront location, the five-star Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island will have 550 luxurious guest rooms, suites and serviced apartments, and the property is scheduled to open in 2019.
The Swiss hotel group Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has revealed that it will open its first hotel in Ras Al Khaimah. The Mövenpick Resort Al Marjan Island is scheduled to open to holidaymakers in 2019.
The five-star hotel will be located on a pristine beachfront on Al Marjan Island in Ras Al Khaimah, and it will have 430 guest rooms and suite, plus 120 luxury serviced apartments. The property will boast beautiful views looking out over the Arabian Gulf and the picturesque coastline.
“Mövenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah is a valuable addition to our portfolio and will provide leisure travellers with another compelling reason to visit one of the UAE’s most stunning holiday destinations,”
stated Andreas Mattmüller, the Chief Operating Officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts for the Middle East and South Asia.
Al Marjan Island is the first manmade archipelago in Ras Al Khaimah, and it is made up of four coral-shaped islands. Holidaymakers can access the islands via the nearby RAK International Airport, through services provided by airlines including Qatar Airways, Air Arabia and Air India Express.
Spanning 2.7 million square metres, Al Marjan Island is surrounded by the Yanis and Jais Mountains. Each of the four picturesque isles is home to waterfront homes, residential units, marinas, entertainment and recreational facilities, private beaches, and luxury hotels including DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island and Marjan Island Resort and Spa.
Ras Al Khaimah has become a popular holiday destination in the United Arab Emirates. Visitor numbers are expected to have increased by 11 per cent in 2016, totalling more than 820,000 by the end of the year. The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority has set a target of one million arrivals by the end of 2018. The United Kingdom and India are the fastest growing international source markets to the nation.
RAK is located in the north of the United Arab Emirates, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, and it is home to magnificent natural landscapes such as soaring mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, winding creeks, turquoise lagoons, white sandy beaches, and the sparkling Arabian Gulf. Holidaymakers can enjoy adventurous activities such as mountain biking, climbing, hiking, dune buggying, scuba diving, snorkelling, and rafting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...